Character/Guild/Arena Team APIs Preview

(Locked)

90 Undead Warrior
Looking good.

As a suggestion it might be better to structure the query like this:

?achievements=[parameter]&items=[parameter]&title=[parameter]

The parameters could be based on request type. As an example, for titles we could pass an expansion name to see only the titles a character has from a certain expansion. Or we could pass an all parameter to receive all of the data.
Edited by Jareff on 5/12/2011 5:11 PM PDT
My roster parser just broke, I was using an ancient library and relocated my virtual host. I don't want to have to fix the old version! I have three days before other things start breaking because character data is too stale...

... I have to fix the old version, don't I? :(
Web & Mobile Team
05/12/2011 09:01 PMPosted by Woef
The XHTML->JSON proxy for us.battle.net characters has been updated.

This belongs in another thread as it is unrelated to the current topic.
7 Worgen Druid
I'm happy to delete or remove it. Where should it go?

I thought it was appropriate as it helps us to figure out what sort of output we would like to see for the Community API, but if it should be deleted or moved somewhere else please let me know where. :)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote]
Is there some way to get gender from the existing XHTML pages?

Yes if you mean battle.et, but its not obvious. circa line 56 (when i view my character while not logged into battle.net) is a line that controls the .profile-wrapper background-image. it points to a url that looks something like:

http://us.battle.net/static-render/us/bloodhoof/248/14313720-profilemain.jpg?alt=/wow/static/images/2d/profilemain/race/10-0.jpg

See the race/10-0.jpg?

0 = male
1 = female

If you mean the old xml wowarmory feed then no. That data is in the roster feed though.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't figured out another way or devoted more then the past 5 minutes trying. :)
85 Human Warlock
I wasn't sure if this question belonged in this thread or the one below asking for future api's, but since this one pertains to guild information I'll post it here:

Are there any plans of rolling out an API for guild recent news? This is the feature I've been waiting and hoping for for a while now but haven't seen any information? I would really like to see this implemented.

Also great job on allowing us to take advantage of all the information you guys provide through a nicely organized and well planned API, was worth the wait.
Edited by Delilya on 5/13/2011 1:12 PM PDT
Web & Mobile Team
05/13/2011 01:10 PMPosted by Delilya
Are there any plans of rolling out an API for guild recent news?

Guild API features have been discussed in a few other threads as well. Check out:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2369882991
Web & Mobile Team
[quote]
Is there some way to get gender from the existing XHTML pages?

Yes if you mean battle.et, but its not obvious. circa line 56 (when i view my character while not logged into battle.net) is a line that controls the .profile-wrapper background-image. it points to a url that looks something like:

http://us.battle.net/static-render/us/bloodhoof/248/14313720-profilemain.jpg?alt=/wow/static/images/2d/profilemain/race/10-0.jpg

See the race/10-0.jpg?

0 = male
1 = female

If you mean the old xml wowarmory feed then no. That data is in the roster feed though.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't figured out another way or devoted more then the past 5 minutes trying. :)

This is a very round-about way of getting this information. You should probably just wait for the character API to be available.
Grotako -

Super cool.

I work at Apigee (we make free developer tools for APIs). One of the tools we have is an API console that makes it really easy to send and view requests/responses, drill into errors, and share request/response pairs - you can see some examples of companies who have implemented it (Twitter http://dev.twitter.com/console, Zappos http://developer.zappos.com/content/console, LinkedIn http://developer.linkedinlabs.com/rest-console/) The idea is to make it easier for devs to learn/explore and it seems to help support teams also.

Anyways obviously it is one of my fondest dreams to have WoW APIs using it too, if you think it is something that might interest you shoot me a note, shanley @ apigee.com

Cheers
Shanley

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Any idea when we'll be able to compare characters? Specifically interested in comparing achievements between toons. Thanks.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
This is great news! And a wow API console from Apigee would be incredible! We just finished implementing a console with Apigee at Zappos and it's helped our 3rd party devs a lot.

Are you planning on providing OAuth authentication so if maybe a major online retailer wanted to give some kind of discount or incentive to our customers that had earned a specific achievement in game, we could match a customer to a toon with said achievement?
Web & Mobile Team
05/13/2011 02:00 PMPosted by Palisis
Any idea when we'll be able to compare characters? Specifically interested in comparing achievements between toons. Thanks.

Building something specific like this isn't on our radar. What we would rather do is make sure the APIs we release allow developers who would be interested in making like this to do so.
Web & Mobile Team
05/13/2011 01:45 PMPosted by Kittenpies
Anyways obviously it is one of my fondest dreams to have WoW APIs using it too, if you think it is something that might interest you shoot me a note, shanley @ apigee.com

Actually, we tried to reach out to you guys earlier this week but didn't hear back. I'll give it another go and we can take this conversation out of this thread.
Web & Mobile Team
Are you planning on providing OAuth authentication ...

OAuth is something that I'm very very interested in doing, but there are a lot of details that we would have to work out and it wouldn't be done any time soon.
85 Human Paladin
Glad to see this API finally breaking the surface. Looking forward to the release, but not forward to all of the recoding ><
85 Human Mage
Are there any plans to expose (the locations of) avatars or other character renders via the API?
Web & Mobile Team
05/17/2011 07:25 AMPosted by Mysticell
Are there any plans to expose (the locations of) avatars or other character renders via the API?

Yes. We are currently working through some of the details on the policy of downloading character avatars for use outside of the World of Warcraft community site.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]