Our voices were heard!!

42 Gnome Warrior
Not a god damned chance. You think I am going to spend the time getting a crap load of people together just so I can participate in your failed RBG's idea? You think you can make me do it by only allowing 2/3rds of my conquest points to come from arena?

You will lose my sub if this happens. End of story.

I agree with this. It's ridiculous. I stopped raiding last year because I was so tired of the time sink...and waiting for people to log on....and organizing the raids. It became such a bore.

I started pvping because I could get in and out or play for hours. It was my choice. Rated battlegrounds will force me back into the chore of organizing groups of people.

I will probably cancel my account too. I am sick of having to invest 12-15 hours a week into the game just to see content, nevermind get gear.

They should force you to play rbg. In fact, they should make so that you only get conquest points from rbg that way you know how it felt having to arena to get gear for the past couple years.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

I agree with this. It's ridiculous. I stopped raiding last year because I was so tired of the time sink...and waiting for people to log on....and organizing the raids. It became such a bore.

I started pvping because I could get in and out or play for hours. It was my choice. Rated battlegrounds will force me back into the chore of organizing groups of people.

I will probably cancel my account too. I am sick of having to invest 12-15 hours a week into the game just to see content, nevermind get gear.

They should force you to play rbg. In fact, they should make so that you only get conquest points from rbg that way you know how it felt having to arena to get gear for the past couple years.

No.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I don't see the big deal, plenty of other people have put in the time to make guilds focused primarily on RBGs, xfer to a server with one of those guilds and do it.

Stop ur crying.

You seem to be under the impression that in
order to play the game to its full extent the subscriber base is
under some sort of obligation to pay some fee to get their PvP fill? That's

astronomically stupid. I can't find *anyone* to
run RBGs with on my server with any frequency
even though I play on a PvP server (where you'd think it'd be easy to

find people to play this sort of stuff with.) So
unless Blizzard has some sort of plan to
change the way RBGs work, then they are
killing my PvP experience. I'm sure I'm not the only one
in this particular situation as there are loads of people who do
not want the change to
go through. Seriously, what is wrong with the current system?

Do you have any logical reason for this change to be implemented? It's
utterly ridiculous. I can't be expected to shell out
money to transfer, change my playstyle to something I don't like just
because Blizzard wants to push something that has been unsuccessful.

Inb4firstletterofeachsentence
Reply Quote
I've played since release. and this is probably the stupidest thing they have ever done.

Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I love Battlegrounds and Rated Battlegrounds. I love Arena and I love PvE. I enjoy every aspect of this game. I'm sorry you all hate PvP so much that you can't stand to be in a battleground -- but if that's the case this game wasn't made for you anyway. If your complaint is about organizing them or lack of player interest in RBGs on your realm, that will be fixed with the new changes. A lot more people will be doing them and you shouldn't have a problem finding a group to queue with.

I assure you they aren't as much of a hassle as people around here are making them out to be. You grab a Flag Carrier (Blood DK imo :p), 3-4 heals and a good mixture of DPS then you're good to go.

Actual strategy vs. pillar humping and FotM -- man Rated Battlegrounds sure do suck.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Rated BGs are nearly as bad as healer/DPS two man arena. Only in this case it's four healers/blood or warrior tank. The "nearly" comes from the stacking debuff on flag carriers, but WSG and TP are still god awful boring and predictable. BFG is zerg one flag, tank stays at another and spams AoEs.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
"The minimum cap on Conquest Points earned per week is now 1500 at 1500 or less Battleground rating. The maximum cap remains 3000 at 3000 or more Battleground rating. The cap continues to scale non-linearly between those two points.
The game now separately tracks different Conquest Point caps for Battlegrounds and Arenas. The cap for Arena rating will always be 2/3 of the cap for Battleground rating at any given Arena rating. Players may earn a total number of Conquest Points per week equal to the higher of these two caps, but once players have reached the cap for either Arenas or Battlegrounds, they can no longer earn Conquest Points from that source. Conquest Points from Battleground holidays only count toward the total Conquest Point cap."

It doesn't say anywhere in there that you cant reach your conquest point cap via only arenas, what it says is the cap for arena rating will always be 2/3 of the cap for battleground rating. This means an 1800 3v3 rating will grant a cap 2/3 the size of an 1800 battleground rating. I don't understand what you are @@*@@ing about.
Edited by Corash on 5/11/2011 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
"The minimum cap on Conquest Points earned per week is now 1500 at 1500 or less Battleground rating. The maximum cap remains 3000 at 3000 or more Battleground rating. The cap continues to scale non-linearly between those two points.
The game now separately tracks different Conquest Point caps for Battlegrounds and Arenas. The cap for Arena rating will always be 2/3 of the cap for Battleground rating at any given Arena rating. Players may earn a total number of Conquest Points per week equal to the higher of these two caps, but once players have reached the cap for either Arenas or Battlegrounds, they can no longer earn Conquest Points from that source. Conquest Points from Battleground holidays only count toward the total Conquest Point cap."

It doesn't say anywhere in there that you cant reach your conquest point cap via only arenas, what it says is the cap for arena rating will always be 2/3 of the cap for battleground rating. This means an 1800 3v3 rating will grant a cap 2/3 the size of an 1800 battleground rating. I don't understand what you are @@*@@ing about.

" but once players have reached the cap for either Arenas or Battlegrounds, they can no longer earn Conquest Points from that source"

This means that once you earn 2/3rds from arena you will have to ear the other 1/3 from RBG's.

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
This idea is astonishingly terrible.
I liken it to, if you want to get all your valor points for a week you must do either 10 man raids, or 25 mans and catch 300 fish per week. (Yup, its that stupid)
My only thought is maybe they are planning on using the RBG model heavily in Titan and decided to try it out on us. Upon seeing how poorly it was received in wow they decided that hey they just have not tried it or got used to it yet. Lets give them incentives to do so you cannot get anywhere else say mounts and titles. People still don't want to play?? Lets force them into it, I am sure once they get into it they will like it.

(some time in the not too distant future, if this great idea gets implemented)
Remember that 600,000 figure? It does not look so bad now does it?

Keep making class breaking and game breaking changes from what people have been doing, liking and subscribing to for six years and pretty soon your player base will be all new players.
Reply Quote
This'll be reverted
Reply Quote
6 Troll Druid
05/10/2011 08:35 PMPosted by Opusdai
Never have done an RBG, and I don't see it coming up in the future. Sometimes you have to be big enough to admit that something didn't work. Fix it, don't force it.

Too true.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
When i read this change, being in the Whirlwind battlegroup (one of the worst) and being on the worst server in that battlegroup (maiev) I'm extremely unhappy about the proposed changes. The only time i can see getting enough people who actually *want* to do RBG's is when I raid, with the people i raid with.

On small servers this is just gonna make it so less teams queue arena because they won't see a point to it...RBG's are a joke blizz we don't like them, yet you can't seem to understand that.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
bump.

because of my work hours i have a hard enough time getting capped from 2v2 matches.

05/10/2011 07:56 PMPosted by Ayedrian
F that.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Lovely. 60+ hours of work/school per week, and now I have to fit RBGs around that schedule? *@*% that. Unsubbing if this goes through. Arena is the only enjoyable part of this game left.

Eat a %**@. No one cares that you're buthurt about not getting purples from BGs. Mistakes made in the past =/= mistakes should be made now, on purpose.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I hate RBGs, feels like a raid with set roles and idiots telling people how to play. They already get easy 2.2k weapons with no skill but a time investment that was enough, now they get more points too lol.

I like arena for serious fun and regular BGs to just enjoy playing
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Its almost like blizzard has the mentality of : Hey if we keep !!@*ing our game up more and more with every patch, by the time Titan comes out all the people will switch because WoW sucks so hard now.

What they dont realize is because of the retarded changes that seem to pour out EVERY single Patch since Cataclysms release that make the game more and more unplayable and boring (IE: Archeaology, retarded heroics, buggy encounters that need constant hotfixing, screwing pvp and pve over and over because of eachother, RBGS, 7 bosses in firelands, delayed patches, CONSTANT CONTRADICTION BLIZZARD EMPLOYEES POST DAILY, the list goes on and on) are causing them to lose subscribers and loyal fans.

I for one will NEVER play titan no matter how appealing. SW:TOR looks more and more appealing each patch. Im on the verge of quitting as it is. I only have the time to raid 2 days week and the fact that I Could cap my pts in an evening doing arenas was a godsend. If this change goes live Im done. Blizzard can suck my taint and watch my money go elsewhere. If TOR sucks then Ill step out of the mmorpg scene.. not coming back to this joke of a product.
Edited by Grìshnok on 5/11/2011 11:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]