Our voices were heard!!

85 Orc Death Knight
Its almost like blizzard has the mentality of : Hey if we keep !!@*ing our game up more and more with every patch, by the time Titan comes out all the people will switch because WoW sucks so hard now.

What they dont realize is because of the retarded changes that seem to pour out EVERY single Patch since Cataclysms release that make the game more and more unplayable and boring (IE: Archeaology, retarded heroics, buggy encounters that need constant hotfixing, screwing pvp and pve over and over because of eachother, RBGS, 7 bosses in firelands, delayed patches, CONSTANT CONTRADICTION BLIZZARD EMPLOYEES POST DAILY, the list goes on and on) are causing them to lose subscribers and loyal fans.

I for one will NEVER play titan no matter how appealing. SW:TOR looks more and more appealing each patch. Im on the verge of quitting as it is. I only have the time to raid 2 days week and the fact that I Could cap my pts in an evening doing arenas was a godsend. If this change goes live Im done. Blizzard can suck my taint and watch my money go elsewhere. If TOR sucks then Ill step out of the mmorpg scene.. not coming back to this joke of a product.

You should type out a paragraph in italics too.

fixed
Reply Quote
48 Blood Elf Rogue
Not a god damned chance. You think I am going to spend the time getting a crap load of people together just so I can participate in your failed RBG's idea? You think you can make me do it by only allowing 2/3rds of my conquest points to come from arena?

You will lose my sub if this happens. End of story.

You are so whiny... Blizzard is not forcing you to do anything, be a big girl and do your own thing.
Reply Quote
46 Goblin Rogue
Just gotta say this is a terrible decision, unless there's a LOT of complete reworking of the queue system to be done as well.

The last time I queued for a rated BG was when 15's was still happening (so it's been a while). You know how long it took us to get one? 1 hour 15 minutes.

After 30 minutes, we had 3 people leave, so we requeued after finding replacements (not sure if we had to - can't remember). 45 minutes MORE of sitting around doing nothing, we had our rated BG pop. Of course the other side was way better geared than us (and not a server pug, either), so they stomped us.

I'm sure we could have handled the stomping, but it was the 75 minutes of being able to do NOTHING that really killed anyone ever suggesting doing a rated BG again. No dailies possible is just...stupid.

Sure, we were in a raid, but we were in a raid for over an hour. That is simply not compelling gameplay.

I hope the same faction rateds work, because "lore" is a pretty dumb reason to have such one-sided queue times.

But if there are noticeable queue times even after same-faction rateds, Blizzard NEEDS to allow at the very least daily questing to be done while waiting.

You can do dailies while waiting to raid (due to not actually having to be in a raid until it starts, especially if it's a guild raid - due to vent and guild chat - there simply is no queue). You can do dailies while waiting for a 5 man (even if you are 4 queued together minus a tank or a heals or whatever). You can do dailies while waiting for a random BG. But you can't while in a raid queued for rated BGs.

Maybe same-faction rateds will solve long wait times. Maybe there's no long wait time right now, I don't know. But the original implementation of rated BGs was, IMO, terrible (is Strand still one of the rateds? I simply cannot imagine a worse BG, and it's laughable it counted for conquest originally). That bad taste of how things were lingers with people.

And now you want to FORCE people to do them (or forgoe 1/3 of their allotted conquest for the week). Not really a brilliant idea.

Like someone else said above, I stopped raiding because of the time commitment. Solo PvE is laughably easy in this game, and 5 man content is mostly a breeze, so I've focused on PvP on my 4 85's (well, 2 of them primarily, 1 kind of, and 1 not really). Mostly random BGs, but some arena on my druid and shaman. I LIKED how things were set up not too long ago. Now, arena wins give less - that's more time commitment. But on top of that, you MUST do rateds to even get the "minimum" cap?

Arenas were easy to jump into 1 or 2 if time was limited, but rated BGs? That's basically raiding.

Who comes up with these ideas?
Reply Quote
1 Troll Mage
ANY 1 SEE A PATTERN HERE? 90%OF THE POSTERS ARE MELEE OR HEALERS...WHY IS THAT YOU ASK? BECAUSE WHEN THERE ARE NO PILLARS PRESENT HEALERS SOME HOW LOSE "SKILL". MELEE LOSE THIS NOTION 99% UPTIME IS BALANCED WITH SPAM DISPELLS 200X MORE EFFECTIVE IN SMALL PVP SETTING. ALL THEY WILL TELL THAT IS HARD TO FIND PEOPLE OM MY SERVER...OR THEY ARE FORCEING ME INTO A RBGS! OH NOES! WHERES MY PILLAR! WHERES MY 99% UPTIME! GIVE A BREAK
Edited by Nerfplz on 5/12/2011 7:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
OK GUYS.
Why wouldn't they do this imo.
I think its a smart move on their end, deceive their customers (which they don't give a slightest !@*# about) force people to pay-to-transfer in beginning of 4.2 make some quick cash.
But seriously, they don't care how much you hate to RBG. They will just laugh at you cuz they don't care.

^^, how that %!*% am i suppost to do rbgs when in garrosh theres like 5-10 people over 2k+ rated. Seriously, they want people from bad pvp realms trasnfer to good realms so they can do rbgs gtf this is retard. . .
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
05/10/2011 07:56 PMPosted by Ayedrian
WE DONT WANT TO DO RATED BG'S.

This
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
blizz needs to figure out that the average pvper is not interested in putting together a group of more than 3 people to queue with. and thats with short queues. trying to get 10 people together to sit in queue for more than 30 minutes is just not an option for most pvpers.

Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Blizzard doesnt read these forums. This shouldnt be something new for you guys..It'll happen, and we'll be forced to adjust.

Not a god damned chance. You think I am going to spend the time getting a crap load of people together just so I can participate in your failed RBG's idea? You think you can make me do it by only allowing 2/3rds of my conquest points to come from arena?

You will lose my sub if this happens. End of story.

You are so whiny... Blizzard is not forcing you to do anything, be a big girl and do your own thing.

Yes they are. "Dont do RBGs, you dont get your arena cap" Kinda forcing us. Same thing for valor points now. Its not like they're asking us if we want to get only 2/3 of our cap from arenas, and the other third from RBGs....
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
I don't see the big deal, plenty of other people have put in the time to make guilds focused primarily on RBGs, xfer to a server with one of those guilds and do it.

Stop ur crying.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
05/12/2011 01:37 PMPosted by Lovestoned
Yes they are. "Dont do RBGs, you dont get your arena cap" Kinda forcing us. Same thing for valor points now. Its not like they're asking us if we want to get only 2/3 of our cap from arenas, and the other third from RBGs....

You will still get all your gear months before the season ends. If you honestly can't use your skill to overcome a RBG'er getting all of his gear slightly faster than you, then have fun leaving.

A majority of people doing Rated BG's don't even play Arena in the higher bracket. I personally have done both and I can honestly say that Rated BG's are fun as hell. We can get players from our raiding guild that aren't the best and have some fun in RBG's since it is easier to balance and doesn't focus as much on individual mistakes.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
%%## RBGs

not doing them. and give me back skirmishes.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
05/12/2011 01:42 PMPosted by Krankadon

You will still get all your gear months before the season ends. If you honestly can't use your skill to overcome a RBG'er getting all of his gear slightly faster than you, then have fun leaving.

A majority of people doing Rated BG's don't even play Arena in the higher bracket. I personally have done both and I can honestly say that Rated BG's are fun as hell. We can get players from our raiding guild that aren't the best and have some fun in RBG's since it is easier to balance and doesn't focus as much on individual mistakes.

Nice try. I didnt say anything about leaving. And a RBG'er wont get his gear faster than me because my 26-2800 Conquest cap will probably help me alot.

From my experience, Rbgs are harder to get rating in compared to arena..

First Underline- Yea, because they are probably bad at arena.

Second- Thats why serious arena'ers hate Rbgs...Its easier, and you get the same (probably better) rewards from it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
so basically im getting f'ed over because i play on a low pop server were im lucky if a see a BH pug? and now i have to get 10 people to do RBGS, and i play alliance... and matchmaking value is a bunch of crap, so the teams in full viscious, are gonna merk the kids in just regular pvp gear (totally forgot the tiers name lol) so i wont be getting that other 1/3, sigh... time to find a game that has decent pvp now
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I agree with what people are saying. Most people that PVP do so because they have NO interest in commiting to raids. PVP is awesome when you have a busy life outside of WoW. If that changes I can see alot of people quiting all together..... RBG are a raid that is reality.

Although what Blizz is saying about cap in an hour is proberly just a bit to easy also.....

Meh,
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Organising rated bgs on our server is like pulling teeth, and when a group is organised we rarely get more than 1 or 2 runs, which usually end in failure or 1 person decides to dc and the group falls apart.

Making this the primary way to gain conquest points sounds like a terrible idea. I've avoided them like the plague and I'd rather not be forced to pug rbgs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]