Our voices were heard!!

85 Night Elf Mage
would rather do skirms all day long instead of RBGs
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Agree with the post

Some of us play WOW for fun, and relaxing after RL job.
Some of us dont have or dont want to make "friends" just to make arenas or RBG and have a decent gear.
This is not RL, so dont force us to make a team, becouse we dont have to pretent to build a team or get friend here.
Consider this as it is, a game, and some of as have a Real Job. So bizzard ..... now Do your Job, I´ve been paying for more than 5 year here (and 10 million more are doint the same).

Make this game fun.
PVP is for fun to make somethig diferent in our lifes. 1x1 and 2x2 it is dun and is want more people like to do.
Let the 25 man Raid for people who want to make a hard core team.. but not arenas or PVP.

pd/ 25 conquest point daily for normal BG is cheap. we need more.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
05/10/2011 07:52 PMPosted by Ayedrian
You will lose my sub if this happens. End of story.

This has to be the dumbest change I've ever seen make it into a patch note. If it makes it live I will be severely disappointed.

10/10
I support this thread.
Apparently removing anything viable such as rewards or pleasure(which makes it's competitors worthless) isn't forcing..
Hmm.. I think it's about as close to forcing as they can go without removing it.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I agree with this thread. Blizzard you #!!*ing fail
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
EP
Blizzard Dev 1: "no one is doing RBGs! Could it be that they suck? Or maybe people just enjoy arena more?"
Blizzard Dev 2: "no no no, it's obviously because we're not MAKING THEM WANT IT HARD ENOUGH."

To quote myself from another thread, I think this analogy sums things up perfectly:
No one wants your terrible RBGs Blizzard! You don't crap gold, and RBGs are sitting in your toilet. Stop making us come into the bathroom to look at what you made, it wasn't fun the first time, and it isn't ever going to be. Flush twice, spray some Febreeze, and leave it alone.
Edited by Rxr on 5/15/2011 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
05/15/2011 02:20 PMPosted by Ìntent
You will lose my sub if this happens. End of story.

This has to be the dumbest change I've ever seen make it into a patch note. If it makes it live I will be severely disappointed.

10/10
I support this thread.
Apparently removing anything viable such as rewards or pleasure(which makes it's competitors worthless) isn't forcing..
Hmm.. I think it's about as close to forcing as they can go without removing it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
What really happens:

Blizzard Dev 1: "So how do we completely *!@@ this game?"
Blizzard Dev 2: "Make a class that starts at level 55 and ruins PvP forever?"
Blizzard Dev 3: "Yeah, but we have to make it look legit"
Blizzard Dev 1: "We will just call them a hero class, *!@@ it"

Meh, I don't think a FoTM ruins PvP..
PvP was already ruined after BC regardless, simply because they wanted to expand in a different way.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
`
Edited by Betka on 6/14/2012 7:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Priest
I hate arena and even I think this is a retarded idea. Is it actually posted somewhere (and if so where)?
Reply Quote
Yup its hella fun AOEing flags, its why I rolled a warrior because I enjoy spinning fast and hitting people who are trying to touch my flagPOLE
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
i want to try RBGs, but I hate the feeling that it feels so similar to looking for a high end raid that wants to pick you up.

There are an incredibly limited number of spots, and since you get guild rewards for RBGs, most of the solid groups i see want you to be in the raid too, which can be tough if you are in a PVE only guild.

Just with all of the obstacles to actually get into an RBG group, it just isnt accessible for many players as no one wants to get into a group and be stomped out for 25 minutes by an organized guild.

Really, until they implement a solo or dual queue and ladder system, RBGs arent going to be successful.
I could easily conceptualize a successful system and raising the rating cap specific to RBGs for high end PVP gear would prevent people from afking their way to the best gear while also keeping it accessible to individual queuers.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Half of you posting here shouldn't even care about the change. There are quite a few posts like this...

Phisa
85 Goblin Warlock
Ascension

Agree with the post

Some of us dont have or dont want to make "friends" just to make arenas or RBG and have a decent gear.
This is not RL, so dont force us to make a team, becouse we dont have to pretent to build a team or get friend here.
Consider this as it is, a game, and some of as have a Real Job. So bizzard ..... now Do your Job, I´ve been paying for more than 5 year here (and 10 million more are doint the same).

Make this game fun.

Honestly makes no sense. You can and still will have fun. The people who will take advantage of the RBG change will most likely not even be in your bracket in arena. The cap increase will be SLIGHTLY noticeable but why aren't we QQ'ing about the lucky people that get all their PvP gear from the boss of luck?

At least RBG's have a longer raod to high rating and a harder time putting together.
Edited by Krankadon on 5/16/2011 8:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Half of you posting here shouldn't even care about the change. There are quite a few posts like this...

Phisa
85 Goblin Warlock
Ascension

Agree with the post

Make this game fun.

Honestly makes no sense. You can and still will have fun. The people who will take advantage of the RBG change will most likely not even be in your bracket in arena. The cap increase will be SLIGHTLY noticeable but why aren't we QQ'ing about the lucky people that get all their PvP gear from the boss of luck?

At least RBG's have a longer raod to high rating and a harder time putting together.

You are undervaluing the difference in points. With this change someone exclusively playing arena loses out on thousands of points over the course of the season. A huge deficite in points puts the player behind the curve in gear.

Gear only matters because you need to be playing at the same standard as your opponent. Once the playing field is even in gear then the deciding factor in wins is more about skill (class and comp are also incuded).

This is just one of the reasons this change is bad. Other arguments about rbgs taking too much time to organize, being less skill based are also valid.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I want to do RBG's.

I cant find the people. I think I saw a post on my realm about 2 months ago for an
RBG group.

Maybe this will encourage more people to want to do RBG's.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I love RBGs, most fun I've had in wow in a long time.
Edited by Trogdoroth on 5/16/2011 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think this is their way out of fixing out of balance classes. This clearly is not the proper approach of making the game more desirable. Especially when people want to focus more on the arena aspect. RBG's should be choice and no one should be forced into it. I think their focus should rely more on fixing clunky abilities and properly balancing of classes.
Edited by Ozara on 5/16/2011 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]