10/25 man raid shared lock out

90 Undead Mage
Why was this implemented in the first place? I would just like to see Blizzards incentive on putting this system in effect in the first place.

To me, it seems like more fun if you could do both the 10 and 25 mans, not just have to stick with one for the entire week. Back in Wrath, I loved how on a good raiding night, I could clear some of ICC 25 man, but then later run the 10 man just to have fun.

In addition, why do 10/25 man raids now give out practically the same gear, but just more loot? I can understand that 10 man raiders wanted to have the same benefit of 25 man raiders, but in my opinion, 25 man raids are still more difficult than 10 mans, and for overcoming the additional challenge, it's worth getting better rewards.
Reply Quote
- Hearthstone
90 Tauren Paladin
They never really intended people to farm raids by using both lockouts. For example, a lot of people were farming VoA in wrath by throwing together a 25, blowing through VoA, hen splitting up in three raids, adding 5 to one, then blowing through 10, giving everyone two chances at the same loot drops.

The only problem I had with them making the lockouts the same is running weekly OS3D helping people get the black and twilight drakes, but now it's black OR twilight each week.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
I don't understand this either.

I see it as a way of making fewer people do end content, but I'm not sure why Blizzard would want that.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Because four subgroups of loot per tier was getting out of hand?

It also legitimized smaller raiding groups, making them actually viable for end-game raiding.

05/11/2011 06:51 PMPosted by Epiclarfz
in my opinion, 25 man raids are still more difficult than 10 mans

Not everyone shares that
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Troll Rogue
The 2 reasons I remember most were that"

1. Smaller guilds and those who could not find more players to pug with were discouraged due to the gear disparity. Combining lock outs allowed more gear chances to smaller guilds/groups.

2. There was felt to be pressure to to have to raid double in your given group, to support both types of lock outs, and keep both types rading all week long. Of course, you can still do that now, if you have an alt, you enjoy raiding with also.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
05/11/2011 06:51 PMPosted by Epiclarfz
but in my opinion, 25 man raids are still more difficult than 10 mans, and for overcoming the additional challenge, it's worth getting better rewards.

Wrong. Only that couple of fights are easier for 10 man, otherwise this whole tier is easier for 25. Or rather, more room for error for 25.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Hmm.

I see it as making the total pool of available raid players smaller, thus fewer raids get done.

No biggie, I don't raid. Just curious as to why it was done. Thanks for the answers.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
05/11/2011 07:26 PMPosted by Badskunk
I see it as making the total pool of available raid players smaller, thus fewer raids get done.

Yes, but in a good way. People are less pressured to do the same raid four times a week.
Reply Quote
5 Orc Warrior
There's a lot of reasons why or why not to keep the separation. I'd go into them, but they've been covered before. Instead, I'll simply state I wish there was a separation of 10/25 lockouts still; I do not like they way it is now.
Reply Quote
65 Gnome Death Knight
I thought the reason was because people doing 25 man raids would gear up doing 25s then roflstomp the 10 man raids making them seem inconsequential. The gear drops in 25s if I remember correctly were superior to the drops in 10s.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
You can do 10 and 25 man in the same week. If you're in a 25m guild and there's a night where no one shows up, if you still have 10 people, you can continue in 10m mode. Its a good thing they did it. It gave 10m guilds a reason to exist.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]