Low level PVP gear

20 Night Elf Druid
Hi, I would like to know where I can buy low level PVP gear? Im tired of getting *!@# in BGs

Edit: Can someone please tell me what are those BoA gears that everybody is talking about when I ask them how to get better gears?
Edited by Canadahh on 5/13/2011 2:48 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
Your not getting !@#$ because of gear. You just need to learn how to play your class better, and how to work with a team. You also need to learn what you can, and cannot do, as well as what classes you are strong against or weak against. Don't worry about pvp gear until level 85, nobody else does. The BtA (Bind to Account) gears you won't have access to until you are around the level cap anyways. Some people buy them for their alts. I have bought some BtAs just for the experience bonuses, to be honest.

Your best bet in BGs is to follow someone. Attack whoever they attack. Or look for people engaged in a fight and sneak up behind them and start whacking on them. Never try to take on someone 1 vs 1, let alone you vs 2 or more. Even smarter - follow a healer and protect him. My favorite thing to do in BGs -- defend a point that a healer is camped out at. Your guaranteed to get healed, and get way more kills then deaths.
Edited by Harikrishna on 5/13/2011 3:15 PM PDT
20 Night Elf Druid
Ok thanks I`ll just keep doing BGs till I get better
85 Tauren Druid
I edited my post as you were reading hehe, a few more ideas in there for you.
85 Goblin Warlock
In the 10-14, 15-19 your up against boa guys with helms, cloaks, trinkets and all that stuff I would personally just recommend you skip it to avoid a really frustrating time.

If you are still going to persist just try and hang around your team as much as possible. Only low level gear you can get is at the wsg entrance and then the AB entrance and they dont have sets just some boots and trinkets and things.

If your going to get any gear, get the 70 pvp stuff when it comes around it will last you the longest.
20 Night Elf Druid
Thanks to both of you my new strategy is to stay in prowl till I see a guy with 200-300 health, wait for him to be alone and then I just kill him in 2 shots I`m not touching those BoA *%!s anymore
Edited by Canadahh on 5/13/2011 4:12 PM PDT
100 Troll Hunter
05/13/2011 04:11 PMPosted by Canadahh
be alone

So you're going to depend on the presence of bad players on the other team?
80 Troll Druid
Thanks to both of you my new strategy is to stay in prowl till I see a guy with 200-300 health, wait for him to be alone and then I just kill him in 2 shots I`m not touching those BoA *%!s anymore

You could, but sometimes the practicully the whole team has boas or the people without boas stay in a group. Just keep on playing and get better. Remember you also have heals you can use to help you survive.
85 Dwarf Paladin

So what are you going to do when there are 9 others in your group doing the same thing LOL?

There is not anything about BOAs that make them bettter than level appropriate blues for your purposes. In fact blues are superior in stats lots of times and you can enchant them to help even more.
By the way you really should go horde if you want easy cheap kills. I always try to stand still with a sliver of health so someone can stealth up and potshot me.
85 Goblin Warlock
05/13/2011 10:31 PMPosted by Fullpint

So what are you going to do when there are 9 others in your group doing the same thing LOL?

There is not anything about BOAs that make them bettter than level appropriate blues for your purposes. In fact blues are superior in stats lots of times and you can enchant them to help even more.
By the way you really should go horde if you want easy cheap kills. I always try to stand still with a sliver of health so someone can stealth up and potshot me.

Better stats than most comparable blues and they are always appropriate to your class unlike most of the horrible gear choices that bliz made in BC.

Plus they have access to more gear at level 1 dont have to wait until 25 for a helmet,trinks ect I wouldnt enchant levelling blues its not worth it.
85 Dwarf Paladin
05/13/2011 10:44 PMPosted by Wienstien

Better stats than most comparable blues and they are always appropriate to your class unlike most of the horrible gear choices that bliz made in BC.

Plus they have access to more gear at level 1 dont have to wait until 25 for a helmet,trinks ect I wouldnt enchant levelling blues its not worth it.

Simply not true. I got a full set of BOAs the other day for my (baby) druid and in all cases the stats on the blues were better even before the enchants were figured in. I absolutly would have kept the blues except for the xp bonus.
I dont know about your server but on mine you can get almost any low level enchant for next to nothing. Making it a very smart buy per silver to put enchants on bound equipment.
Yes he will have to run several dungens to get the blues that are apropriate for his class. But I fail to see how that is more of a grind than leveling a toon to 85, and making enough gold to buy your BOAs is. Oh and joining a high enough level guild to unlock all your BOA options.
85 Goblin Warlock
Stupid hunter isnt showing up for some reason.

Well anyway i have a level 19 hunter in full boa's

canadahhs your average lvl 18 joe and his stats are:

Agi- 59
Stam- 44
108 AP
2% haste
12% crit

If you go on wowhead find a boa weap or armour put it to any random level bring up another window and find a blue from the same level they are almost always worse stats.

My hunters stats are-
Agi- 73 (96 with enchants)
stam- 92
5% haste
14% crit

Dunno how to work the ap rating so its 269 AP with my enchants. Basically to keep up with a boa geared toon a lowbie has to have current blue gear for every level.
Edited by Wienstien on 5/14/2011 9:22 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]