How is Roleplaying on "Thorium Brotherhood"

90 Blood Elf Rogue

Spontaneous RP is not the norm on Thorium Brotherhood, no.

On other RP servers I have been on (Ravenholdt, Emerald Dream, Wyrmrest Accord, and Moon Guard), it only occurred on the latter two. Role play on Thorium Brotherhood tends to be more on the organized side: via events; between characters for scenes; between players - "Hey! Let's all get together in XYZ place and RP!"; and it is more prevalent at in-game holidays such as Brewfest.

The quality of the role play here I have found to be excellent. The characters are extremely well thought out and fleshed out beyond the scope of the personality of the player. The story lines tend to walk on the side of the engaging and the compelling, rather than the yawn inducing. In each and every role play engagement I have been involved in (engagement read: event / story line), I have yet to regret my involvement.

There is a reason after my brief affairs with Wyrmrest Accord, Moon Guard and Emerald Dream that I returned here. There is a reason that after six months on Ravenholdt that I longed for Thorium Brotherhood. The role play.

I came here in May of 2006, and aside from six months on Ravenholdt, have been here ever since: The role play and the Zephyr Crew. The two are mutually inclusive.
Reply Quote
76 Undead Priest
After reading all of these fine points, consider me rightfully interested. I've been role-playing on WoW for years now, starting on Scarlet Crusade, moving from there to Moon Guard in hopes of finding greener grass. Now, I did find it, for a while. But now Moon Guard just seems to reek with the doldrums of griefing and sub-par RP.

Like just last night, I was role-playing with a guild mate of mine, having a great and amusing time. When out of the blue, this horrid, griefer jumps in our laps (literally) and refuses to leave. Now I go through the usual routine, trying to get them to leave, reporting them, that whole charade. But I do have my breaking point, and eventually blew up on them.

Now the prospect of scheduled role play seems much more... Fitting to me. Its seems it would die down the grifers a bit, seeing as your tavern is run in Rachet, as opposed to city RP, which honestly I find dreadful on Moon Guard.

Now I would be inclined to hear more about your scheduled events, from both sides (though undoubtedly, I'm more inclined to roll horde. Been undead for nearly seven years strong now.)

If these are already listed somewhere, I'll be looking them up of course, see like many have stated, 'You have to be willing to work.' Well I most certainly am, I'm looking for an escape from Moon Guard, and do hope to find it here.

Edit: Right there stickied, found them.
Edited by Ilcas on 7/9/2011 1:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
07/10/2011 11:48 AMPosted by Sorroto
The RP here sucks, if you're not in the inner circle you're out. Quality over quantity? Phht, what a load of kodo. Honestly, it's bad, it's crap. People are clinging on to whatever little they have left and are doing so with their "close-knit" group of friends. It's like when a group of people IRL meet up to LARP. Same people, same crap and even then it's infrequent.

... gee, I wonder why you don't feel included...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
The RP here sucks, if you're not in the inner circle you're out. Quality over quantity? Phht, what a load of kodo. Honestly, it's bad, it's crap. People are clinging on to whatever little they have left and are doing so with their "close-knit" group of friends. It's like when a group of people IRL meet up to LARP. Same people, same crap and even then it's infrequent.

Sorroto has a very strong point here. If you cruise around with an RSP, not saying anything or interacting with a group of people, or just sitting and staring at a pair of Roleplaying individuals not even 15 yards away without saying a word and get no response, the RP here is bad! Italics for sarcasm.

But really this thread is about the healthy state of RP, not about the bare basics of including yourself in. Like I said before, if you actually know how to include yourself in and participate, you will find Roleplay here. Disregard any of the butthurt creepers that flounce on a regular basis.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin

Honestly, Sorroto, most people don't want to RP with you because you're a jerk. *shrug* That's probably why you're not finding much.
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Druid
When I think "Sorroto," I think "Puddlekips", "trolls RP," and "giant jerk who most everybody on the server hates." Hooray for free association!
Reply Quote
86 Troll Warrior
The RP here is also bad if you mainly attempt to interact with characters that are female and don't get the interaction you want. Just sayin'.

Ilcas, I totally look forward to seein' you around. ... Not on this character 'cause he hates dead people, but uh, one of my dead people, most likely. Most of my toons are in HoW or Company of Fools, so I'm easy to find.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Warrior
I am the classiest, baby. Unf. Oh yeeeah.
Reply Quote
76 Undead Priest
The RP here is also bad if you mainly attempt to interact with characters that are female and don't get the interaction you want. Just sayin'.

Ilcas, I totally look forward to seein' you around. ... Not on this character 'cause he hates dead people, but uh, one of my dead people, most likely. Most of my toons are in HoW or Company of Fools, so I'm easy to find.

Well I don't like to disappoint. But I've decided, if I'm going to change servers once again, I might as well do something I've never done in WoW's six or so years. Try the other faction. Its not a decision I make lightly, but I have to say, I am enjoying the gnome starting area very much so. So I'll be looking for active people on the less, "freakish and evil" side, and you all can look for me on one of my many gnomes.

Just to point some names out, Fynner (Fynner Fidgetspark, a mighty gnome warrior), Edwinsil (The Great Edwinsil, Knower of Knowing!) Or Piperita (Piperita Spindletwine, Stealth Sleuth Extraordinaire).

Edit for silly typos.
Edited by Ilcas on 7/13/2011 11:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Warrior
07/13/2011 11:55 PMPosted by Ilcas
Just to point some names out, Fynner (Fynner Fidgetspark, a mighty gnome warrior), Edwinsil (The Great Edwinsil, Knower of Knowing!) Or Piperita (Piperita Spindletwine, Stealth Sleuth Extraordinaire).

Gnomes?

Gnomes?

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

And RAINBOWS!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Gnomes??

Gnomes are DELICIOUS!
Reply Quote
86 Troll Warrior

Well I don't like to disappoint. But I've decided, if I'm going to change servers once again, I might as well do something I've never done in WoW's six or so years. Try the other faction. Its not a decision I make lightly, but I have to say, I am enjoying the gnome starting area very much so. So I'll be looking for active people on the less, "freakish and evil" side, and you all can look for me on one of my many gnomes.

Edit for silly typos.

Haha, no worries! It's always good to check out New Things, in my opinion!

The Tavern Lines are cool, many of my Alliance alts are in there (Sigrid, Valesha, Sindri, IforgetwhomyAlliancetoonsare), so yeah, check it out! Also /ooc and /tbdf.

Gnomes??

Gnomes are DELICIOUS!

Mmmmm, gnomes.
Edited by Matojo on 7/14/2011 10:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Warrior
Feel free to hit any of us up in-game for more info on events and guilds.
Reply Quote
76 Undead Priest
Well now that I have finally tried Alliance, and had a right good time getting to know a few people and having a grand role play tonight. Well, let's just say I have to go back to my home, I have to give horde a whirl. I'll be looking forward to role playing with my horde family on Thorium Brotherhood.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

I hope you had a lovely time with hangin' with your Hordies.
Did you attend The Drunken Kodo?
Did you attend The Broken Arms?

I am curious to hear your experiences!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]