[PvE] Frost Mage Guide - 4.1

(Locked)

07/05/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Alftraor
K, so since it looks like frost mages have to deal with all this haste coming from trinkets n gear, n DW staff... woulndt b a good idea to drop those 2 points in Netherwind Presence and invest them in Impact? Our AoE really sucks n consumes so much mana.
Frost mages don't need Impact in PvE, we rarely ever will be using Fire Blast. Also, the only other talent I think could be a dps increase is Fire Power, but most, and I, still think that it doen't give much of an increase. Also, the 2% haste we get from Netherwind Presence allows for more haste to be reforged out of our gear into crit and mastery.
Yeah, Impact is about useless for Frost PvE. At any rate, you should be striving for a weapon and trinkets that don't have those haste procs. The more haste you have in your talents, the easier it is to cap, and the more you can put into mastery.
90 Draenei Mage
Hey guys, just posting this here to say that once Mist's is released, I will be doing a complete overhaul of the guide to match the changes.
Switch, quick quesion, would you mind if I "borrow" from your MoP guide for frost for my guilds site. I know what I'll be putting down, just might need some guide to my guide. lol.
90 Draenei Mage
Not at all, and you don't need to ask. Just here to help those new to it.
90 Blood Elf Mage
not sure where i was supposed to put this but here it is. when using my FREEZE pet ability he tends to continue casting his frostbolt. thus breaking it, i made a macro that puts him on passive then casts it but wonder if there is a way to get him to just drop target and pick up my tar instead? this way i dont have to put him back on assist and worry bout him breaking a cc i just put down. any help on this would be greatly appreciated
08/13/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Icelynn
not sure where i was supposed to put this but here it is. when using my FREEZE pet ability he tends to continue casting his frostbolt. thus breaking it, i made a macro that puts him on passive then casts it but wonder if there is a way to get him to just drop target and pick up my tar instead? this way i dont have to put him back on assist and worry bout him breaking a cc i just put down. any help on this would be greatly appreciated
As of live right now, I'ld say use a stop pet attack macro for when you use your freeze, then put a pet attack macro for when you attack with frostbolt. Unfortunately I don't know the makings of one.

I believe they fixed that problem in MoP though.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]