BoA Shield?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I noticed that they added a Battle.net account bound shield for archeology last patch, which is super fun and all, but i'm surprised they have made shields that can be used to level up with. The one they currently added is lvl 85 only, making it useless to anyone not level 85. I propose they create 2-3 new BoA shields, for different classes/specs respectively.

Discuss.
Reply Quote
There would only really need to be two shields, really. One with tanking stats, and another with intellect and casters stats on it. I'd be all for this, though.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
And for appearances, they could use Draconian Deflector or Skullflame Shield as the tank shield, and possibly Garrett Family Crest, Gizlock's Hypertech Buckler, or Rhombeard Protector as the healer/caster shield.
Reply Quote
89 Human Mage
Holy Salad-Shooter Polygons, Batman!!!
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
05/15/2011 01:15 AMPosted by Aoir
There would only really need to be two shields, really. One with tanking stats, and another with intellect and casters stats on it. I'd be all for this, though.

God you're ugly
Reply Quote
i put a post up before on boa but didnt get much support .. the title was boas made by players for players .

perhaps you could check that out. as it was a really good idea and you would get a shield among other things.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Or, perhaps, not every single drop in old world can go to waste just for giggles hm?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Hunter
05/15/2011 04:18 AMPosted by Jaqlynn
Or, perhaps, not every single drop in old world can go to waste just for giggles hm?

If you don't want to use Heirlooms, then don't use them.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I figured of the old world things the could choose from, those would probably have been the most memorable for some of the vanilla players.
Reply Quote
26 Goblin Mage
My vote's for the Hypertech Buckler.
But I already leveled my shield bearers to 85.

Except for Shaman... but I could just use the staff instead.
Reply Quote
05/15/2011 03:35 AMPosted by Uglylol

God you're ugly
This was relevant or constructive to the topic of the thread how?

Like I said, I wouldn't mind BoA shields. I could use a caster one for my pally I'm leveling and the shaman I am leveling. Certainly something worth suggesting to Blizzard, IMO.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
05/15/2011 06:56 PMPosted by Maehara
I agree with the deflector and hypertech buckler.

And I agree with this person! :D Though I've also always liked the model used in Rhombeard Protector.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Awesome! Good to see mostly positive feedback on this, i wish the blues would see it and post back with some sort of response. This thread would probably have to get up to a ridiculous number of pages before they did though.

I loved the deflector back in vanilla, and i know it was the premier shield for doing MC and such back in the early days of raiding, till they got something better.
Reply Quote
Awesome! Good to see mostly positive feedback on this, i wish the blues would see it and post back with some sort of response. This thread would probably have to get up to a ridiculous number of pages before they did though.

I loved the deflector back in vanilla, and i know it was the premier shield for doing MC and such back in the early days of raiding, till they got something better.
It's the weekend. Zarhym, Bashiok, Daxarri, and the rest are all at home having some time off. They'll be back tomorrow. If you ask me, those guys deserve more respect than they get; they certainly have more patience and a better control on their temper than I would if I had to deal with the things that get flung at them every day.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Very true, i hope to hear good things then, and I'd honestly hate to have their jobs XD.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
If you're going to suggest old school shields for tanking boas then use the Scarlet Monastery Shield that drops from Mograine.
Reply Quote
05/15/2011 08:58 PMPosted by Invisibelf
If you're going to suggest old school shields for tanking boas then use the Scarlet Monastery Shield that drops from Mograine.
I remember my guild leader from Vanilla was a pally. He used that shield from like level 39ish or whatever the level requirement for that shield was all the way into like level 50-55.
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Paladin
When I think of Vanilla healing shields, I think of Red Dragonscale Protector, although its probably too fancy for an heirloom.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]