Don't Worry Folks. We Got This.

21 Gnome Rogue
Now all we need is a dance studio. Also the dance from "everybody was kung-fu fighting". Yes, I know you give an inch and we want a mile.

But yes thank you for listening, it might not have been a major thing. Yet, being able to dance in combat is one of the small fun things.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/12/2011 06:51 PMPosted by Sleengblade
Ok that's cool, thanks for the fix. But sorry blue poster you don't get bragging rights for fixing dancing. I guess this fix was big enough of a victory to launch a public thread on it though, i don't know if that scares me more or is a good sign that things are being fixed.

I posted this in a lighthearted way. Of course it's not the biggest issue, but after laughing with Ghostcrawler over the "fun has been unnerfed" bit, I felt like sharing. I figured joy would ensue. Do partake, should you feel the urge.

Come on Sleengblade, he who hath pooped on many a party, dance wit meh!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I didn't even know you could...

BEST THREAD EVER
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
here is what really happened

Now picture if you will a bunch of business men
Stuffed in the boardroom like pigs in a pen
The ties around their necks are like a hangman's noose
In the middle of the table there's a boiled goose

The old people smell makes you want to puke in the sink
These dudes will never dance, yeah that's what you think
I stride in the room all young and hip
Hold up my boombox and say listen to this
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Heh. Neat thread. Much appreciated.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
We've been repeatedly saying in various threads recently that we are listening, even if we're not acting on every piece of feedback we read. Well readers, listen up!

With the help of Ghostcrawler, the following will be added to the patch notes for the next PTR update:

• Players are once again free to dance in combat (without causing graphic errors). Other animations, such as attacks, will take precedence over dancing. The dance animation will be suppressed until the higher priority animation is complete. Fun has been unnerfed.

The concerns of the people vanished. And there was much dancing.

Now all you need to do is let druids use transformation items while shapeshifted. Or is that asking too much?
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
Yay! All the more reason to add in the Dance Studio now? ;)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
05/12/2011 07:36 PMPosted by Zarhym
Ok that's cool, thanks for the fix. But sorry blue poster you don't get bragging rights for fixing dancing. I guess this fix was big enough of a victory to launch a public thread on it though, i don't know if that scares me more or is a good sign that things are being fixed.

I posted this in a lighthearted way. Of course it's not the biggest issue, but after laughing with Ghostcrawler over the "fun has been unnerfed" bit, I felt like sharing. I figured joy would ensue. Do partake, should you feel the urge.

Come on Sleengblade, he who hath pooped on many a party, dance wit meh!

So much win
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Now, how about Dance Studio!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/12/2011 08:01 PMPosted by Awful
Why on ptr does it say "Can't do that while in combat"? Is this not patched in yet? I wanted to be mc hammer and chop someone.

The change isn't live on PTR yet. It just got checked in and should be in the next build. ;)
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
please tell me there are more encounters on the way similar to the Ghostly Citizens of Stratholme, to make this relevant
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]