Don't Worry Folks. We Got This.

Blizzard Employee
Put on your best set of dancing shoes (or appropriately snazzy nail polish if you've got hooves) and prepare the dance floor!

If you have claws or talons, well... you already have little knives attached to your toes so you should be set!

And as always: exercise extreme caution when dancing around gnomes.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
hmmm now why would you want to /dance during combat, your all weirdo's
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Put on your best set of dancing shoes (or appropriately snazzy nail polish if you've got hooves) and prepare the dance floor!

If you have claws or talons, well... you already have little knives attached to your toes so you should be set!

I don't have any of those things! D:
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight

What about goblins? What if you step on one, and it explodes, causing the entire dance floor to collapse into Anub'arak's lair.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I am very happy about this! Dancing is what I do when offtanking, it makes my threat better.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
05/12/2011 07:10 PMPosted by Neros
Play zee geetar zhen SHOOT ZEE FLAMING BALLS OF DOOM. Back to zee geetar. GREENFIYAINYOFACE. Back to zee geetar. RAINING FIRE BREAKS ITSELF UPON YOUR BODY.

After reading this, I couldn't stop laughing for at least 10 minutes. Mainly because i saw what you were describing in my head. Lol'd.

Two thumb's up for such a great comment.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Thank you Blizz!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
05/12/2011 08:04 PMPosted by Vaeflare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7movKfyTBII
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
YESSSSSSSSSSS
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
We've been repeatedly saying in various threads recently that we are listening, even if we're not acting on every piece of feedback we read. Well readers, listen up!

With the help of Ghostcrawler, the following will be added to the patch notes for the next PTR update:

• Players are once again free to dance in combat (without causing graphic errors). Other animations, such as attacks, will take precedence over dancing. The dance animation will be suppressed until the higher priority animation is complete. Fun has been unnerfed.

The concerns of the people vanished. And there was much dancing.

Have you seen me dance?

Ain't gonna happen.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
05/12/2011 08:05 PMPosted by Matua
hmmm now why would you want to /dance during combat, your all weirdo's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxR803CdlL0

Starting at 1:34 Tell me that isn't just awesome.
Reply Quote
95 Draenei Shaman
\o/ hooray for dancing fix!

I will admit when I don't need to heal I'll start dancing until someone takes damage. I was freaking out when I got a "You can't do this in combat" error. Wondering why someone would take my dancing away :( I totally almost didn't let the group die while freaking out.

Moon luffs you guys.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Paladin
Okay, now bring back Eyes of the Beat and the transmogrification items in the game.

The fun can be un-nerfed.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Blizzard, actually listening to the players, did I step into a parallel dimension? Seriously, when did this start happening? I want to know!?
Edited by Nilura on 5/12/2011 8:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
05/12/2011 08:04 PMPosted by Vaeflare

*Applies purple nail polish to hooves*

*shimmie* *tail waggle* *shimmie* *shimmie* *tail waggle*

Mac Tech Support MVP (moonlights in other forums)
Here to Help :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/12/2011 06:51 PMPosted by Sleengblade
Ok that's cool, thanks for the fix. But sorry blue poster you don't get bragging rights for fixing dancing. I guess this fix was big enough of a victory to launch a public thread on it though, i don't know if that scares me more or is a good sign that things are being fixed.

WHY SO SERIOUS?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
We've been repeatedly saying in various threads recently that we are listening, even if we're not acting on every piece of feedback we read. Well readers, listen up!

With the help of Ghostcrawler, the following will be added to the patch notes for the next PTR update:

• Players are once again free to dance in combat (without causing graphic errors). Other animations, such as attacks, will take precedence over dancing. The dance animation will be suppressed until the higher priority animation is complete. Fun has been unnerfed.

The concerns of the people vanished. And there was much dancing.

The thread title was what really sold it for me. Thank you Zarhym. This post brought a great deal of laughter to me on a day when I sorely needed it. Much appreciated.
Edited by Gixia on 5/12/2011 8:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue

Poor trolls. No shoes and no talons.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
And as always: exercise extreme prejudice when dancing around gnomes.
Fixed that for us Horde players =P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]