lvl 78 cata gear

how do i get it :S lmao
Reply Quote
Auction house. Or there may be some stuff made by crafters. So either buy it or ask a leatherworker.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Or do the first few sets of Cata quest chains in one of the Cata starter zones like Mount Hyjal. That usually awards a few nice Cata pieces.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
05/15/2011 04:53 PMPosted by Bavra
Auction house. Or there may be some stuff made by crafters. So either buy it or ask a leatherworker.

I'm not sure about leatherworking but all the blacksmithing stuff is level 80.
Reply Quote
05/15/2011 05:14 PMPosted by Ludin
Or do the first few sets of Cata quest chains in one of the Cata starter zones like Mount Hyjal. That usually awards a few nice Cata pieces.

Those also aren't available until level 80.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Shaman
Definitely from the AH. Trust me. Maybe cost 200-400 gold at most to fully outfit a toon with that stuff, depending on class and server inflation. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
If you can talk your guild into it you can manually walk into Black Rock Caverns at 78 (Throne of the Tides too but it might be more difficult to get there). They'll have to carry you through but if you have a few 85s willing it shouldn't be hard for them.
Reply Quote
76 Orc Hunter
Definitely from the AH. Trust me. Maybe cost 200-400 gold at most to fully outfit a toon with that stuff, depending on class and server inflation. ;)

On some of the servers I play on, Cata starter gear is 200g for each piece.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Cata gear starts at level 77. On my server each piece costs about 200g. It's rare to see level 77 gear on AH though as it gets bought out fast. I'd say, don't worry about it, 3 levels will go by very fast and then you can get cata gear for free. But what I do now is anytime I find level 77 boe gear, I save it for future toons, or if I don't think I'll ever need it, I sell it for around 200g on the AH.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
05/16/2011 09:50 AMPosted by Feebo
3 levels will go by very fast and then you can get cata gear for free

questing? or duns? if questing where at!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
06/17/2011 09:43 AMPosted by Aritex
3 levels will go by very fast and then you can get cata gear for free

questing? or duns? if questing where at!

Dungeons. Not dungs, not duns. Dungeons. Damn kids these days.

Cataclysm quests start at level 80 in Mount Hyjal and Vashj'ir. Those zones drop level 77-80 greens, which you can purchase off the auction house to make late Northrend leveling easier.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Or you can just quest. If you want to keep your gear optimized as to what rewards you are given, IMO do only yellow colored quests (when you open your quest log, the ones in yellow text). Free gear and gold. You're going to out-level the gear so fast it won't matter.

I have heard there is a slight hill to climb when going that route when you first hit Hyjal zone (if level 80 wearing quest rewards), but if that's the case, only then would I consider buying gear off AH. I didn't experience it since I started wearing the "cheap" tier 8, but I could see a new level 80 hitting a barrier when first walking into Hyjal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/16/2011 08:06 AMPosted by Nok
On some of the servers I play on, Cata starter gear is 200g for each piece.

It varies a lot on each server, I've seeon some were it's 20-50g per peice, and others where it's 200-500g per piece. Really the biggest jump for any class will come from upgrading your weapon, the other stuff is much more incremental.

06/17/2011 09:50 AMPosted by Icedragon
Dungeons. Not dungs, not duns. Dungeons. Damn kids these days.

I think "5-mans" works for a short term and doesn't sound goofy like 'dung' or 'dun'.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]