4.2 Conquest Change: Why neuter Arena?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
PvP = Arena and RBG

PvE = Heroics and Raids

Heroics = Arena

Raids = RBG

Limited gearing from heroics so apparently limited gearing from Arena.

That is my thoughts anyway, and just to be clear the new system for arena sucks!

Thanks Blizz
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

i'd really like a clarification of what they actually meant.

if, it's as the OP states, it's a HUGE issue for arena players and just may be the last nail in the coffin for pvp in this game.

if it's truly just targetted at limiting high rbgs rating players from farming points in lowbie arena, then that's fine and nobody cares.

trying to force arena players to do rBGs to stay competitive in arena is quite possibly the worst way to increase rBG participation.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Post is too long so I didnt read it but the short answer is:Rbgs take more time = greater reward

PvP isn't a grind it's a determination of skill
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
i'd really like a clarification of what they actually meant.

if, it's as the OP states, it's a HUGE issue for arena players and just may be the last nail in the coffin for pvp in this game.

if it's truly just targetted at limiting high rbgs rating players from farming points in lowbie arena, then that's fine and nobody cares.

trying to force arena players to do rBGs to stay competitive in arena is quite possibly the worst way to increase rBG participation.

I'd love to be wrong in my interpretation. I really would. This issue needs immediate blue clarification.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I really think this has to be a wording problem. I can't see how they would make it so there is absolutely no gain in pts until 2100 since Blizz already stated that more than 65% of arena players will NEVER reach 1600. The percentage that reach 2100 is probably in the 10% range or less.

They can't be that stupid. Well the past has shown that yes they can but it doesn't make sense.

I've heard guesses that they want to give incentive since now that everyone has their title they will probably NEVER EVER play RBG's again since they are an abomination especially on small servers.

I really hope that this is a wording problem. We need to start threads EVERY DAY in General, PTR, BG and Arena forums until they give us an answer though. The more noise we make the more likely they are to at least think about it.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
05/12/2011 09:39 AMPosted by Xfiles
Rbgs are significantly harder to play and organize than arena, so it should be more rewarding. Although you should atleast get enough points every week for a main set item if you are above 2200 in arena

rbg's are not harder. you have greater leeway when it comes to execution in rbg's because of the number of ppl. in arena because its less ppl so one person not performing at a certain lvl will really drag down the team.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2522462774#1

bump this for trying to get a more decent explanation. Let's keep it bumped and I'm (somewhat) sure a blue will hit it up.

GL with that
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
If they hit us with the "People will get used to it after awhile." statement, my blood pressure may not look so good.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
This just reinforces my decision to not pvp next season. I can't even commit more than one night a week to pvp already, and with the change to point gain in 4.1 I don't see myself being able to hit the cap unless i get lucky. Only reason I don't care right now is I'm fully geared already. Now I'd have to somehow find a way to get rated BGs in as well? no thanks.

This also ignores the fact that my server sucks for pvp and I can't find 10 people who would know how to do it well enough to not drive me nuts. I won't do rated BGs because I don't find them fun.
Edited by Caryna on 5/12/2011 3:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I actually like the idea of RBG's. It's something I'd like to participate in (I know I'm not good and such, but I have fun). The big issue is that I'm in a pve guild, and most people in the guild don't really pvp at all, so I really can't get anyone together to do RBG's. I could pug through trade and have (notice all 1 RBG I've won lol), but they tend to fail pretty bad since people don't listen and work together it seems.

If it is truly the way they worded it, it's gonna be a big problem for a lot of people like me. I'm no the best, but I enjoy getting the gear and working to hit my cap for the week and such. If I HAVE to get points from RBG's to cap every week then I'm simply not going to be able to ever cap and it'll take forever to get anything, which sucks.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
This change makes about as much sense as removing all loot drops from normal difficulty raiding and just having the same justice points you can get from heroics be the only reward for boss kills.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Well my first RBG experience was with a bunch of PvE geared people and so was I, (in Prot)
and we won Battle for Gilneas. Easily, and without vent. However the next two that we've played have been harder, and against HIGH rated teams, wtf and lost both then just did 2v2 to gear up. I'm not a huge PvP'er but if I can win an RBG in Prot spec back in Heroic gear I think that Arena and RBG's should give the same rewards per rating. Though obviously I support each RBG win giving more points than each Arena win. (Especially 2's, as people, including myself use low-rated 2's matches to gear up to get a high rating). But what's wrong with that? It's still taking me 3 weeks of points-capping to get my 372 Vicious weapon and that's at 1350 points cap.

EDIT: Spelling breh
Edited by Boromeer on 5/12/2011 6:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
hmmmmmm ok than... when i get my free server change off my low pop realm, were we cant even pug a BH that takes about 2 hours to form and wipe around 6 times.... you want me to find 10 people on my server in my battlegroup with pvp gear... oh boy, there goes the whole fun in the game... ya theres PVE... PVE ENDGAME IS TERRIBLE RIGHT NOW, PVP was the only thing left enjoyable in this game, and they are taking it away from us...

sigh... free server change and i wont mind... until than this is a bunch of bull
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
05/12/2011 09:39 AMPosted by Xfiles
Rbgs are significantly harder to play and organize than arena

if you think RBG's are harder than arena your on something... They are a pain to organize but not harder than arena.

I have seen fraps of 2700 rbg rated hunters w/out a focus window...
Reply Quote
PvP = Arena and RBG

PvE = Heroics and Raids

Heroics = Arena

Raids = RBG

Limited gearing from heroics so apparently limited gearing from Arena.

That is my thoughts anyway, and just to be clear the new system for arena sucks!

Thanks Blizz

LMAO did you compare arena to heroics.. HHAHAHHAH
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Probably doing this change so people forget about how unbalanced arena is and complain about this instead.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
if this thing goes live, im so quitting. yup, 110,000 hks, i love pvp, this screws it over
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]