4.2 Conquest change

85 Night Elf Druid
Can you guys make pve'rs jump through stupid hoops now to? If you're going to force people into doing your terribly thought out 10v10 RBGS (HUR AB) then you should make pve'rs do something lame as well. Perhaps in order to turn in their new tier token equivalent they have to solo queue for 1 heroic za, 1 heroic zg, 1 random heroic, and 1 random dungeon because it's just to easy to turn in a token and collect your gear.

Also while we're on topic. Since it was so easy for everyone to get their 2200 weapon (keyboard turning pve heroes included) and we had to make sure that no one had a 372 weapon before the precious pve'rs had theirs maybe make it so this time that no one can access Hardmodes until a majority of pvp'rs have their T2 gear.

Stop with the double standard crap and don't try to fix a broken system by forcing it down our throats, fix the damn system instead.
Edited by Nope on 5/13/2011 12:52 AM PDT
85 Orc Shaman
05/13/2011 12:44 AMPosted by Methy
RBGs were a failed experiment. It happens. Accept your losses and move on.

This too. Blizz seems to be getting more and more belligerent and stubborn. They'll never back down because they're never ever wrong.

stay small blizz

I blame blizzcon.

honestly I do.

Putting the spotlight on a bunch of devs in front of huge crowds woo'ing at them will make anyone feel like a celebrity. Give it a few years and boom, you now have devs that no longer care about the game, only care about money, and are too swollen headed to give into player requests and too stubborn to admit when they are wrong, because hey, they are head designers of a hugely successful game that was created by people who mostly no longer work on the game anymore.

Hence the cramming of rbg's down PvPr's throats even though they don't want them because the all wise and knowledgeable developers think that's what the players should be doing.
90 Undead Rogue
BUT WAIT THEY DO LISTEN TO PLAYER CONCERNS

We've been repeatedly saying in various threads recently that we are listening, even if we're not acting on every piece of feedback we read. Well readers, listen up!

With the help of Ghostcrawler, the following will be added to the patch notes for the next PTR update:

■Players are once again free to dance in combat (without causing graphic errors). Other animations, such as attacks, will take precedence over dancing. The dance animation will be suppressed until the higher priority animation is complete. Fun has been unnerfed.

The concerns of the people vanished. And there was much dancing.

UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE TBH
85 Gnome Death Knight
05/12/2011 08:36 PMPosted by Wirethrone
If you think having a tank holding the flag with four healers backing him up is fun then I don't know what to say.

The same could be said for running or facing off against the most powerful arena composition. That's not fun either, it's stomp or be stomped.
100 Human Paladin
so, because most pvpers are taking the path of least resistance to the best gear attainable, and they are making that path less expedient, they are clearly full of of themselves and in it for the money and punishing casuals and catering to casuals and rated bgs are a fail experiment because some people don't like them.

that's what i learned in this thread.
85 Orc Shaman
05/13/2011 01:00 AMPosted by Unholykip
If you think having a tank holding the flag with four healers backing him up is fun then I don't know what to say.

The same could be said for running or facing off against the most powerful arena composition. That's not fun either, it's stomp or be stomped.

Except that if you step into 5v5 arena with 4 healers and a tank there's a strong possibility that you are going to accomplish absolutely nothing, and with RBG's, you win absolutely everything.
85 Orc Death Knight
So, as many of you are interpreting this change, it is to encourage more participation in Rated Battlegrounds. We see the fact that participating in Arenas is by far the superior way of obtaining top-notch PvP gear, in terms of time investment, as a problem. If you want to maximize your Conquest Point gains in patch 4.2, you'll need to participate at least a little bit in Rated Battlegrounds.

We know this may not sound very appealing to those of you who have grown accustomed to spending as little as an hour a week getting the top PvP currency in the game via Arenas over the last couple of expansions. To put things in perspective though, the total number of items that can be purchased with Conquest Points today is much larger than what you used to be able to buy with Arena Points pre-Deathwing world explosion. And there is no longer a requirement to “grind” unrated BGs for Honor each season, so the real time investment isn't changing as much as some players are perceiving it to be.

On top of that, the frank reality is that the total time investment required in season 9 to get all your points has been much, much too low, as you could do that from a few 2v2 Arena games each week completed in less than an hour’s time. It shows that Rated Battlegrounds are currently sub-par in terms of the rate at which points can be accumulated.

We do feel this change is necessary to keep the time investment vs. high-quality item accumulation in check, even if it doesn't read well on paper. However, as always, your constructive feedback is welcomed. :)

Yea because 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 rogues at mid is so much better for balance. No clue what you are doing.
Simplest solution to me:

Keep caps the same
Reduce arena win amounts severely to even out time investment between arena and rbg.

Currently 1 Rbg win is 400 and 1 Arena win is 180 -> still heavily favors arena in reward/time formula.

Adjust that to be more even and there is no need to play around with the cap differences.
90 Human Warrior
05/13/2011 01:03 AMPosted by Pezzle
that's what i learned in this thread.

Then you learned nothing at all because you missed the point.

I wont bother telling you what the point is because if you dont know already then you will never know or understand.

The point I got is that people are reacting a ton for about 300-500 points a week which can easily be avoided and you will stil be fine and barely be behind if you choose not get them.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Simplest solution to me:

Keep caps the same
Reduce arena win amounts severely to even out time investment between arena and rbg.

Currently 1 Rbg win is 400 and 1 Arena win is 180 -> still heavily favors arena in reward/time formula.

Adjust that to be more even and there is no need to play around with the cap differences.

And I will happily accept this. It's what I'm arguing for.

As an aside:

Yo Dawg, we heard you like CP, so we put a cap in your cap so you can only cap while you (flag) cap.
90 Night Elf Druid
05/13/2011 01:27 AMPosted by Devilspartne
The point I got is that people are reacting a ton for about 300-500 points a week which can easily be avoided and you will stil be fine and barely be behind if you choose not get them.

It's more about the principle of the thing. Next we'll have 2200 gear available only for RBG Rating.
55 Draenei Death Knight
What's the difference between normal BGs and rated BGs besides having to spend way too much time organizing the team for rateds?
90 Draenei Shaman
05/13/2011 01:27 AMPosted by Devilspartne

Then you learned nothing at all because you missed the point.

I wont bother telling you what the point is because if you dont know already then you will never know or understand.

barely behind? you are getting 33% less points a week if you choose to not do rated BG's

its completely pathetic that blizzard couldnt find a way to make rated BG's more desirable, so they end up implementing an awful change like this, instead of actually trying to figure out why no one likes playing rated BG's

"oh hey no one is playing rated BG's"

"good lets force arena players into them, even though we implemented rated BG's as an alternate form of competitive pvp"
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]