4.2 Conquest change

90 Night Elf Warrior
LOLOL @ this change, this is the most retarded change I've seen in years! LOL!
Board needs to clean up their game developing department.
A clean house.
These redneck amateurs needs to go.

Of course, Ailsie is FINALLY here to call out these so-called "redneck amateurs." Let's see, your qualifications seem impeccable. Lack of any ability to professionally criticize. Lack of any experience in working on such large scale games. Basic lack of the English language. And you apparently have a firm grasp on how to use logical fallacies. I believe Blizzard can now see the writing on the wall and will soon clear their game developing department for you Ailsie.
90 Night Elf Warrior
Forcing RBGs (a great failure in my eyes, and it's not like I haven't done them - take a look at my armory) down the throats of the already small PVP community.

What a joke.

Indeed, what a joke. Why, you would never see Blizzard forcing arenas down the throats of all PvPers for an expansion or two.
85 Gnome Rogue
So nerf 2's by 50% and make ONLY 3's/5's give points

I will not do !%@!ing RBG's.
85 Night Elf Warrior
"I know how to make people love RBGs! We see that most people play and enjoy arenas, so let's trash that and force them to do RBGs! They will love it!"

Killing a tank with 4 healers or aoeing a flag for 25 minutes isn't my idea of fun, it's more of a chore. There is a reason RBGs aren't popular because they aren't fun, and getting a raid together ever week isn't easy and can be more frustrating especially after a lose.

Just think of having to get one together on a low pop server when you were able to do 2v2 or 3v3 every week.

"Deal with it" - Blizzard.

85 Gnome Rogue

This expansion has almost completely ruined pvp. Here comes another nail in the coffin.

I'm basically quitting after the TR is over. There are plenty of ways to nerf point acquisition without telling me that I have to do RBG's or face the dreaded PVP gearing curve.
90 Night Elf Warrior
So nerf 2's by 50% and make ONLY 3's/5's give points

I will not do !%@!ing RBG's.

The gnome has spoken!
Edited by Thilleria on 5/13/2011 2:24 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Warrior
"I know how to make people love RBGs! We see that most people play and enjoy arenas, so let's trash that and force them to do RBGs! They will love it!"

Killing a tank with 4 healers or aoeing a flag for 25 minutes isn't my idea of fun, it's more of a chore. There is a reason RBGs aren't popular because they aren't fun, and getting a raid together ever week isn't easy and can be more frustrating especially after a lose.

Just think of having to get one together on a low pop server when you were able to do 2v2 or 3v3 every week.

"Deal with it" - Blizzard.

I cannot find the specific threa where Blizzard said "Deal with it." Can you give me a link? :(
Edited by Thilleria on 5/13/2011 2:36 AM PDT
46 Goblin Rogue

edit: OH and the whole "bugged" queue thing that didn't get any attention sure was fun. Which im pretty sure isn't even fixed yet for regular battleground queueing.

No, it's not.

It still happens on my 85's, but on this toon (22 as I type this), it's especially bad, as phantom BGs pop all the time. The ones where click enter battle, the box goes away, then "pops" again, you click enter, it goes away, pops again, and then you are in a queue you can't leave without logging out.
85 Night Elf Warrior
This change makes me sick to my stomach. I usually don't post on here either, but this is making my blood boil. The attitude behind this is just sickening. INC more canceled Subs.

Whatever happened to making this game fun? How about changing the system for rated BG'S? Some people want to do these, but they can't find enough people anyway.

Dragon Slayers have LFD and i'm sure there could be a LFRBG QUEUE based on Res of some sort that would make it competitive for both sides. That would match players based on MMR maybe? I mean come on there is so much more that can be done with this.

Whatever happened to creativity to solve problems? Why is everything a band aide now for a larger problem?

Exactly, these band aide solutions only show how much creativity they lack, how they aren't really looking at the problems people have with RBGs but instead pretending like maybe deep down people want to play RBGs but they aren't motivated enough to play them.

Why should people who enjoy arena be punished because they dislike RBGs? I mean even if you wanted to do RBGs but aren't in a big pvp oriented guild or on a low pop server you're still getting punished because you just might not have the option to do them.
85 Human Paladin

We do feel this change is necessary to keep the time investment vs. high-quality item accumulation in check, even if it doesn't read well on paper. However, as always, your constructive feedback is welcomed. :)

Frankly talking i wanted to tell you that for me this thing of rated bgs is annoying.

Reasons and relative explanations.

1-Not all of us like doing rated bgs.
2-Not all of us are teen-agers ( no offence ) and so we lack of a lot of their playtime.
3-You saying that in WOTLK ( at leats is that what i undertsand from "And there is no longer a requirement to “grind” unrated BGs for Honor each season, so the real time investment isn't changing as much as some players are perceiving it to be.") we had to grind a lot of honor, but that's not really like that and we are tlaking about arena points here arent we?
4-I have to feel obligated to do rated bgs now.

1- Rated bgs are extremely boring since when you cant PUG them in every server, they are after all the same as normal bgs and they take a looot of time in case of loss. Not all of us ar e in pvp only guilds and since you must invite all the raid members to enter in a rated bg; whic a lot of people simply DON'T want to do them or just are bad players that wanna only "grind" the points the result is that they obviously fail on the firts one making the group disband and gg.

2-Ok 1 hour for arenas for you is too short for getting equipments. Now i will have to spend 2/4 of my playtime to get conquest points and i won't have much time left to have fun in normal battlegrounds and trying to progress in arena ( whic i already gave up on sinc ethe nerf on cats) or doing some pve.

3-Now i was there in WOTLK and i did pvp all day. You really felt that the honor grind was slower? I felt it going like a flow and i could buy 2 pieces of gear per day or more.

4- If you tell me "you are not obligated to do them none in world of warcraft is forced to do anything" well... i feel it like a false in part thing. After all you are forced to do it or you will "sucks". Is like when the devs nerfed the pally retri and made prot pvp impossible. That's actually impossible to don't feel obligated to spec holy. And now we will be forced to get raged in fail rated bgs with a ton of people that NEED to do the points to ocntinue doing arenas. I feel like the next step is deleting arenas and force us all to do rated bgs.

IMHO you guys made the biggest fail when you made rated bgs accessible only to premades. And now you are making another one.

I hope i was polite ( my english is not perfect so i don't know if i misworded something) and i would like a reply to see your point.

[/quote]
Edited by Argurio on 5/13/2011 2:53 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Warrior

Exactly, these band aide solutions only show how much creativity they lack, how they aren't really looking at the problems people have with RBGs but instead pretending like maybe deep down people want to play RBGs but they aren't motivated enough to play them.

You may have something there. This problem could be a lack of creativity. On a good note however, if you think you can bring something new to the table:

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/
93 Draenei Death Knight
My feeling about these changes is it really is about eliminating choice rather than encouraging anything. I thought rated battlegrounds would be a great addition to the game, but after trying them with my guild a few weekends we came to realize that the current state of the game does not support larger scale PvP very well. Some of my favorite moments in PvP were premade vs. premade back in vanilla, but the game was very different back then and large scale PvP felt a lot better. So much time has been spent balancing PvP around 3v3 arenas that anything else just feels "wrong."

As well, I really just do not like a significant time sink involved in acquiring PvP gear. Because of the severe grind required in Wrath, I barely participated, whereas I had spent a significant percentage of my WoW time in PvP during both vanilla and Burning Crusade. In vanilla I could be competitive in raid gear. In TBC I could acquire PvP gear with similar ease to today. Both cases allowed me to enjoy the game without worrying about gear (which is really the last thing I want to be caring about when I PvP). Wasn't the purpose of making resilience so costly on the item budget to counter the difference in time sinks between PvE and PvP? Wasn't PvP supposed to be easier to get into this expansion? I really do not like being made to choose between PvE and PvP due to time sinks.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]