4.2 Conquest change

85 Human Rogue
team death match rbg would be fun ab rbg is fun because there is more than 3 nodes gil neas is not fun because its just to hard to get a node after the other team has 2 and then if u lose it the chances of u gettin it back its slim to none its just bad map for rbg same with capture the flag it makes for terrible rbg game play because its gonna turn into a turtle 100% of the time
85 Orc Death Knight
So, as many of you are interpreting this change, it is to encourage more participation in Rated Battlegrounds. We see the fact that participating in Arenas is by far the superior way of obtaining top-notch PvP gear, in terms of time investment, as a problem. If you want to maximize your Conquest Point gains in patch 4.2, you'll need to participate at least a little bit in Rated Battlegrounds.

We know this may not sound very appealing to those of you who have grown accustomed to spending as little as an hour a week getting the top PvP currency in the game via Arenas over the last couple of expansions. To put things in perspective though, the total number of items that can be purchased with Conquest Points today is much larger than what you used to be able to buy with Arena Points pre-Deathwing world explosion. And there is no longer a requirement to “grind” unrated BGs for Honor each season, so the real time investment isn't changing as much as some players are perceiving it to be.

On top of that, the frank reality is that the total time investment required in season 9 to get all your points has been much, much too low, as you could do that from a few 2v2 Arena games each week completed in less than an hour’s time. It shows that Rated Battlegrounds are currently sub-par in terms of the rate at which points can be accumulated.

We do feel this change is necessary to keep the time investment vs. high-quality item accumulation in check, even if it doesn't read well on paper. However, as always, your constructive feedback is welcomed. :)

Why can't you thumbs down a blue post?
Put ratings back on gear. Actually make people strive to do well in PvP.

What we don't need is MORE GRINDING.
100 Draenei Mage
Already canceled my account.

And no you can't has my stuff: I gave it away already

05/12/2011 09:29 PMPosted by Andrèw
This change is disgusting. If it goes into effect, I quit.

Won't be renewing if this change goes live as well.I don't like to be pushed into rated battlegrounds.
You lose 600,000 subscriptions and then you think this is a good idea.........sorry no thanks.

I hate PvP, really I do.

But I have got to say that people are really hostile about this.

I wouldn't do it if I were you Blizz.
85 Orc Warlock
Zarhym, thanks for your candidness, but rated BGs seem to be too difficult to organize or join and the balance is far worse for some specs that really just aren't wanted on an RBG team.

In truth the gear is a problem because it's not seen as an end goal, but as a necessary outfit for even competing in the first place.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
05/12/2011 08:29 PMPosted by Zarhym
So, as many of you are interpreting this change, it is to encourage more participation in Rated Battlegrounds.

I think you guys thought this RBG would take off and it failed hardcore. No one wants to participate because they don't want to do them.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight

On top of that, the frank reality is that the total time investment required in season 9 to get all your points has been much, much too low, as you could do that from a few 2v2 Arena games each week completed in less than an hour’s time. It shows that Rated Battlegrounds are currently sub-par in terms of the rate at which points can be accumulated.

We do feel this change is necessary to keep the time investment vs. high-quality item accumulation in check, even if it doesn't read well on paper. However, as always, your constructive feedback is welcomed. :)

Last time I did RBGs with Forty Four, on both occasions, horde RBG ques were 30+ minutes for wins that gave me I think no more then +5 rating at like a 2k Team Rating. I remember during TOGC when Rebirth, Soulstone, etc. all got their CDs lowered because the idea of a group of people sititng around twiddling their thumbs for 30 minutes only to play for a few then sit around some more wasn't conducive with WoW being fun.

Forcing me into RBGs don't sound very appealing unless we get same faction RBGs. Any word on those?
Edited by Euroforia on 5/12/2011 10:08 PM PDT
69 Undead Mage
So, as many of you are interpreting this change, it is to encourage more participation in Rated Battlegrounds. We see the fact that participating in Arenas is by far the superior way of obtaining top-notch PvP gear, in terms of time investment, as a problem. If you want to maximize your Conquest Point gains in patch 4.2, you'll need to participate at least a little bit in Rated Battlegrounds.

We know this may not sound very appealing to those of you who have grown accustomed to spending as little as an hour a week getting the top PvP currency in the game via Arenas over the last couple of expansions. To put things in perspective though, the total number of items that can be purchased with Conquest Points today is much larger than what you used to be able to buy with Arena Points pre-Deathwing world explosion. And there is no longer a requirement to “grind” unrated BGs for Honor each season, so the real time investment isn't changing as much as some players are perceiving it to be.

Now, call me crazy...but maybe people just hate rbg's

Was a stupid idea to add in the first place, mostly the only people that like it are the bads that want free epics and titles to feel special that they can afk in a bg and still win.

Hell, if you want me to play 100 games of arena a week...sure no problem.
However, if you want me to do 1 rbg a week, well it looks like its time for me to move on...and no this isnt a threat, its a fact.
85 Human Rogue
I hate PvP, really I do.

But I have got to say that people are really hostile about this.

I wouldn't do it if I were you Blizz.

customer is always right even if they are wrong period if u want ur product to sell you make it fun and appealing
85 Tauren Shaman
Ya maybe if they didn't turn off WSG, add ab and keep maps like gilneas in the rotation people would want to play them....oh ya and have rated bgs out for months without same faction vs faction which was promised. Waiting a half hour to do a game for 1 point literally killed everyone I play with desires to even want to play anymore. To the point that we haven't even tried to queue since it was added just because there's no reason to anymore.

edit: OH and the whole "bugged" queue thing that didn't get any attention sure was fun. Which im pretty sure isn't even fixed yet for regular battleground queueing.

Also the entire "you don't have to farm honor anymore" time investment arguement is pretty stupid imo. You can single queue whenever you want, you however cannot queue RBG's whenever you want from either a lack of competition aspect or just no one being online when you wake up early etc etc.
Edited by Wisdomcube on 5/12/2011 10:11 PM PDT
i think the problem lies in that it tries to wait for alterac valley to fill before it ques for the bg's. and thus doesnt let people in till that gets filled first so i think they need to fix their random generator.
100 Goblin Hunter
05/12/2011 08:36 PMPosted by Wirethrone
I don't think you understand that people don't care about battlegrounds. It is incredibly unbalanced and arena is much better either way.

Arenas have historically been just as imbalanced.
1 Undead Rogue

I just don't see the point in this, you are forcing players to play a aspect of the game they don't really want to play just to maximize their char? Why not force PvE players to do RBGs to max on their valor points each week?

You know RBGs aren't popular, you had to remove the 15v15 bracket from the game for crying out loud. So why would you think a change like this would be best for the game?

I am completely dumbfounded.
85 Gnome Death Knight
New Coke isn't selling so well.

People who want classic Coke now have to buy a can of new Coke as well.
Edited by Badskunk on 5/12/2011 10:14 PM PDT
1 Night Elf Warrior
I just don't understand why every single PVP player I see, thinks that they should get PVP gear so fast. I really wish that Blizzard would bring back the OLD School way to get PVP gear, and that was to join battlegrounds, and to WORK for your gear!

You know, in WoTLK you would log in for 10-15 games. And people would get gear extremely fast. And when Cata came out, there were people who got gear FASTER than End Game Raiders. Now there are people who play for an hour or so, and you then log off for the week. Seriously? PVP is PVP, stop trying to say that your job is so hard.

Arenas were fine, it made it so that people could think on their feet. But now, with Resilience as annoying as it it, the whole Tank + 4 Healers can actually happen, and you cant do anything about it.

If you think that WOW was based on PVP, your sadly mistake, Blizzard could care less about the PVP community, that is why you get boring maps, that you will play on, over and over again. Wow is a PvE game, and PVP is something extra, stop thinking your Arena Teams are top notch and that you deserve more content.

And for the 12 some-odd people that keep saying you are FORCE to play more... NO, YOU'RE NOT. No one is FORCING you to play this game more, you CHOOSE to play more if you want more gear, YOU CHOOSE to do RBG's to get more Conquest points, YOU CHOOSE your path. If you cant play anymore than 1 WHOLE BIG HOUR a week, than maybe playing WoW and paying $15 a month seems like a waste?

I think Blizzard should make a Server, just for you PVP nuts. Just a Server with Stormwind or Org. And you cant leave the city. You're all locked, No Flying mounts, because whats the point, You don't care about the world or the environment, You just want to fight other people, over and over again. And they should just focus on making Battlegrounds. Oh yeah, and the server is only up 1 day a week. The other 6 days the servers are down, so that they can make changes to make every single class do the same damage, have the same racial abilities. Homogenization is what you want, right? Not one single class could Overpower the other?

Well that perfect world comes along, will you all finally be happy? Will you all just go and say "Wow, I am so tired, there is no class that can beat me, and I CANT beat anyone else, oh yeah and I have 40k Res, and my Pocket healer never runs out of mana, this is amazing.!"

As someone who plays PVP and PVE I see so much QQ'ing on the PVP side than anything else. If you're going to quit, then quit. Stop Threating, and just do it. You sound like a bunch of 15 year olds fighting over a toy.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I've tried for a month to do a rated bg, but nobody wants to do one... ever =/

Maybe this might spur people in to doing more RBGs, but I'm not sure how welcoming the community will be of this change as they will most likely participate in RBGs grudgingly.
90 Human Death Knight
There was another thread that mentioned Blizzard sometimes seeming like they get stuck trying to prove their concepts. I'd honestly have to say this looks like an example of that, heh.
100 Draenei Mage
I just don't understand why every single PVP player I see, thinks that they should get PVP gear so fast. I really wish that Blizzard would bring back the OLD School way to get PVP gear, and that was to join battlegrounds, and to WORK for your gear!

You know, in WoTLK you would log in for 10-15 games. And people would get gear extremely fast. And when Cata came out, there were people who got gear FASTER than End Game Raiders. Now there are people who play for an hour or so, and you then log off for the week. Seriously? PVP is PVP, stop trying to say that your job is so hard.

Arenas were fine, it made it so that people could think on their feet. But now, with Resilience as annoying as it it, the whole Tank + 4 Healers can actually happen, and you cant do anything about it.

If you think that WOW was based on PVP, your sadly mistake, Blizzard could care less about the PVP community, that is why you get boring maps, that you will play on, over and over again. Wow is a PvE game, and PVP is something extra, stop thinking your Arena Teams are top notch and that you deserve more content.

And for the 12 some-odd people that keep saying you are FORCE to play more... NO, YOU'RE NOT. No one is FORCING you to play this game more, you CHOOSE to play more if you want more gear, YOU CHOOSE to do RBG's to get more Conquest points, YOU CHOOSE your path. If you cant play anymore than 1 WHOLE BIG HOUR a week, than maybe playing WoW and paying $15 a month seems like a waste?

I think Blizzard should make a Server, just for you PVP nuts. Just a Server with Stormwind or Org. And you cant leave the city. You're all locked, No Flying mounts, because whats the point, You don't care about the world or the environment, You just want to fight other people, over and over again. And they should just focus on making Battlegrounds. Oh yeah, and the server is only up 1 day a week. The other 6 days the servers are down, so that they can make changes to make every single class do the same damage, have the same racial abilities. Homogenization is what you want, right? Not one single class could Overpower the other?

Well that perfect world comes along, will you all finally be happy? Will you all just go and say "Wow, I am so tired, there is no class that can beat me, and I CANT beat anyone else, oh yeah and I have 40k Res, and my Pocket healer never runs out of mana, this is amazing.!"

As someone who plays PVP and PVE I see so much QQ'ing on the PVP side than anything else. If you're going to quit, then quit. Stop Threating, and just do it. You sound like a bunch of 15 year olds fighting over a toy.

What you just said...

You...

Bad idea my friend.

You must be so afraid of being targeted that you put up a character that is a silhouette.

PvPers are serious people in my experiences. I hate it, and if I tell them I hate it, I get yelled at. It isn't pretty.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]