4.2 Conquest change

86 Goblin Death Knight
it took me 4.5 hours to get the 15 wins on my druid to cap this week in 2's (50 percent win ratio). i really don't see how you can say there isn't already a huge (and alt killing) time investment into getting CP after the latest change.
So, as many of you are interpreting this change, it is to encourage more participation in Rated Battlegrounds. We see the fact that participating in Arenas is by far the superior way of obtaining top-notch PvP gear, in terms of time investment, as a problem. If you want to maximize your Conquest Point gains in patch 4.2, you'll need to participate at least a little bit in Rated Battlegrounds.

We know this may not sound very appealing to those of you who have grown accustomed to spending as little as an hour a week getting the top PvP currency in the game via Arenas over the last couple of expansions. To put things in perspective though, the total number of items that can be purchased with Conquest Points today is much larger than what you used to be able to buy with Arena Points pre-Deathwing world explosion. And there is no longer a requirement to “grind” unrated BGs for Honor each season, so the real time investment isn't changing as much as some players are perceiving it to be.

On top of that, the frank reality is that the total time investment required in season 9 to get all your points has been much, much too low, as you could do that from a few 2v2 Arena games each week completed in less than an hour’s time. It shows that Rated Battlegrounds are currently sub-par in terms of the rate at which points can be accumulated.

We do feel this change is necessary to keep the time investment vs. high-quality item accumulation in check, even if it doesn't read well on paper. However, as always, your constructive feedback is welcomed. :)

fix ques imo...
1 Night Elf Warrior
05/12/2011 10:27 PMPosted by Digitallag
Blizzard could care less. 600k Subs is a drop in the bucket, They have other plans in the future, Diablo 3 and there new "TITAN" Project... they will get you back. Just because you don't like this things that they u are doing in this game, doesn't mean they wont pick it up and put all the GOD things in the new game... WOW is the PTR for TITAN!

well i'll have you know that that warcraft is the only blizzard game i have ever played i played warcraft 2 and this mmo

What I said wasn't exact an attack at you, but it was what they do... its what any smart company will do... This game has MAYBE 2 or 3 more xpacs before its done... when that happens... Guess what... Stories done... The LORE is done. And when that happens PVP will die too.
90 Draenei Shaman
you could make it so you get conquest point capped after 1 rated BG win, i still wouldnt do them, they are complete garbage.

how about find out why they aren't successful instead of forcing them on us.
Edited by Leupacob on 5/12/2011 10:35 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
I hate this change.
Make bg's more enticing rather than forcing us into rated bg's. Make getting groups and queing easier, let us que in groups of 2 or 3. Or just let regular bg's count for half the conquest points for a win and no rating boost or something.

Making us find groups only to get pwnd each week by pro teams is TERRIBLE.

Give us something if we lose, even 1/4 of a win. How crazy frustrating is it to lose 4 games in a row and waste 1.5 hours with no reward. Even in regular bg's you get a little something if you lose.

The reason people don't play rated bg's is because you make it too hard to get in and have fun. Maybe even do full premade vs only other full premades like you do in regular bg's and let people que single or in 2's.

So many more fun options than clubbing us over the head with this in my opinion.

I really hate this change.
100 Dwarf Hunter
05/12/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Euroforia
Forcing me into RBGs don't sound very appealing unless we get same faction RBGs. Any word on those?
They have been implented as of last week, IIRC. My guild has done some guild RBGs in the last two weeks, and we've seen several Alliance versus Alliance matches, though one side is labled as hordes for objectives sake.

That said... really? You guys are mad because you have to spend more time PvPing? I thought that if you enjoyed PvP, you wouldn't care so much. So you won't gear as fast. So what? Is this change, of all things, worth getting upset over? PvE'ers such as myself see a cap on our VP per week, too. We can only get 980 per week via the dungeon finder, and let me tell you, it takes a lot longer to hit that cap than it will ever take to cap out on Conquest points from arena from what I've read. And the only way to hit your weekly cap of 1250 VP is to do raids, so it's not like you guys are the only ones being forced to do something you may or may not enjoy.

And honestly, if it takes more time to get PvP gear now, perhaps the good players will shine brighter than the ones who get carried. Everyone needs to take a step back, take a deep breath, and instead of insulting Blizzard, one another, etc, offer constructive feedback on why you think this change is a bad one. Despite what people think, Blizzard does listen to player feedback. If you are calm, rational, and present a reasoned argument, you are more likely to get Blizzard to take notice compared to going 'OMFG if this change goes through, I'm quitting'. I don't see anything remotely constructive in posts like that.
Edited by Aoir on 5/12/2011 10:36 PM PDT
1 Night Elf Warrior
Ultimate
1 Night Elf Warrior
That is kind of bull**@*. If you want to slow down the rate of item acquisition in PvP, you LOWER THE CAPS. If you want to promote Rated BGs, you MAKE THEM MORE FUN TO PLAY.

You do realize that putting a points incentive on rBGs does NOT promote consistent play of them, it only promotes someone playing a couple games then never touching them again that week.

If you want more rBGs it is simple. Fix the terrible mechanics in point capture maps that only require a team to spam aoe around a flag and survive while doing it to hold points. Fix the terrible mechanics in CTF maps that allow for 1 tank spec and 3/4 healers holding a flag in their flag room is viable.

When BGs are fun, people will play them without you having to bribe them to, which is essentially what this is.

Very few people do PvP simply to get the gear just to have it. They do PvP, get the gear neeed to survive in it, in order to KEEP PLAYING IT. And what do they keep playing? Arena, because it is more fun than rBGs for most.

I am not sure that you're ready to hear this answer... but... REMOVE RES, and make it EXTRA STAMINA... You will fix everything! RES is killing the game, it should take 5 minutes ot kill a Mage, and 1 person shouldn't be able to kill 10 people without Dying... That is just stupid, the game should be about SKILL not GEAR!

I would be open to removing res in favor of buff a different stat obviously it would have to be elaborated on

RES killed PVP... it made it so that there is a way to make UN-KILLABLE Flag Carriers! Fix RES and PVP will be more fun! I promise!
100 Blood Elf Paladin
As long as you can still acquire the gear required to do arena at a competitive level in a timely manner I guess it's fine.

Honestly though, you should not be making arena harder to get points in than RBG, but simply increase the time investment even further. Teams who only care about points aren't going to continue to play for 15 or more wins if they're only winning 40% or so of their games, and the teams who care about rating will play that many games a week anyway, making pvp more like raiding(pugers might not get all of the points they could get if they can only kill 2-3 bosses per week, whereas a dedicated guild will cap all of their members easily each week).

I would agree with this. If Blizzard honestly believes that the time investment to acquire gear via Arenas versus Rated Battlegrounds is out of whack, then increase the amount of time required to cap in Arena.

Hell me and my friends play Arenas well past our weekly cap anyway, because we're having lots of fun. We love having a couple of beers and playing together. Suddenly telling me that no matter how many games I play, I'll be earning 33% less points than before is really insulting.
100 Draenei Hunter
Sounds good to me they already did this to PVE.
85 Human Death Knight
What I got from the blue post is "We would like people to waste more time on WoW and open high ratings up to worse players, and ensure that people will play enough games that the terrible players will be able to go 1000-1400 to get 2200."

Thanks Blizzard.
85 Human Rogue
05/12/2011 10:34 PMPosted by Ultimate

well i'll have you know that that warcraft is the only blizzard game i have ever played i played warcraft 2 and this mmo

What I said wasn't exact an attack at you, but it was what they do... its what any smart company will do... This game has MAYBE 2 or 3 more xpacs before its done... when that happens... Guess what... Stories done... The LORE is done. And when that happens PVP will die too.

well yes but what i'm saying is I believe this is the start of the noticeable decline of wow I mean if you look at akrios the his formal farewell before he quit it explains everything.
90 Draenei Shaman
05/12/2011 10:35 PMPosted by Aoir
That said... really? You guys are mad because you have to spend more time PvPing? I thought that if you enjoyed PvP, you wouldn't care so much. So you won't gear as fast. So what? Is this change, of all things, worth getting upset over? PvE'ers such as myself see a cap on our VP per week, too. We can only get 980 per week via the dungeon finder, and let me tell you, it takes a lot longer to hit that cap than it will ever take to cap out on Conquest points from arena from what I've read. And the only way to hit your weekly cap of 1250 VP is to do raids, so it's not like you guys are the only ones being forced to do something you may or may not enjoy.

most people enjoy pvp because you dont need to grind out hours and hours for gear, i have 5 level 85's that i do arena with and i cant even gear them all out because of the terrible 180 points per win change, and now this crap? there is no way i am doing rated BG's just to get point capped.
90 Night Elf Druid
blizzard dont like Arenas, you should know that something like this was coming
arenas are boring anyway.... 40min to see what healer get tired first
1 Night Elf Warrior
05/12/2011 10:35 PMPosted by Gaggil
Making us find groups only to get pwnd each week by pro teams is TERRIBLE.

Make more PVP friends... You think the PVE community likes the face that unless we go into a Random Dungeon with all Guildies or Friends, that we are going to get some 'tard that has all Teir 11 yet has never done Vortex Pinnicle?

There is good and there is Bad, but you guys are NOW being treated like PVE, how does it feel? How does it feel that your 30% of the WOW population now feels what the other 70% of wow feels? EVER SINGLE DAY!?
85 Orc Rogue
05/12/2011 08:29 PMPosted by Zarhym
So, as many of you are interpreting this change, it is to encourage more participation in Rated Battlegrounds.

People don't do rated battlegrounds because they don't like them so you should ram it down their throats and force them to like it?

Honeslty, the ideas Blizzards devs have some times is unbelievable.
1 Night Elf Warrior
05/12/2011 10:36 PMPosted by Eilistraee
Sounds good to me they already did this to PVE.

Yup, time for a change, and now PVP can actually work for their 372 Epics!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]