4.2 Conquest change

90 Draenei Shaman
05/12/2011 10:39 PMPosted by Jongler
So, as many of you are interpreting this change, it is to encourage more participation in Rated Battlegrounds.

People don't do rated battlegrounds because they don't like them so you should ram it down their throats and force them to like it?

sounds like a good idea!
05/12/2011 10:38 PMPosted by Leupacob
That said... really? You guys are mad because you have to spend more time PvPing? I thought that if you enjoyed PvP, you wouldn't care so much. So you won't gear as fast. So what? Is this change, of all things, worth getting upset over? PvE'ers such as myself see a cap on our VP per week, too. We can only get 980 per week via the dungeon finder, and let me tell you, it takes a lot longer to hit that cap than it will ever take to cap out on Conquest points from arena from what I've read. And the only way to hit your weekly cap of 1250 VP is to do raids, so it's not like you guys are the only ones being forced to do something you may or may not enjoy.

most people enjoy pvp because you dont need to grind out hours and hours for gear, i have 5 level 85's that i do arena with and i cant even gear them all out because of the terrible 180 points per win change, and now this crap? there is no way i am doing rated BG's just to get point capped.
I would like to point out, techinically, to do well in organized PvP, you do, in fact, have to grind for gear. If you want to get onto a decent arena team, you need a good resilience score; most people advertising on trade on my realm usually want 3k resilience. So to do that, you need to get the crafted pvp gear, grind battlegrounds,get bloodthirsty gear, so on and so forth. To say there is no gear or grind required for PvP is false, unfortunately.
85 Human Mage
So, as many of you are interpreting this change, it is to encourage more participation in Rated Battlegrounds.

This is in no way being said in a spamming / trolling manner.

The first line of your post truly demonstrates just how out of touch you (Blizzard) really are with what activities your player base choose to participate. Such a small, small percentage of subscribers play rated BGs. From a participation standpoint, it has been nothing short of a colossal flop.

The single biggest factor is that putting together a group of 10 players, and then getting that group to stay together for multiple games through horrendously long queues is simply painful. Also consider when rated BG pugs are put together through trade or guild chat, queue into 1500+ teams, get steamrolled, and quit after the first game due to your faulty matchmaking system. On Stonemaul-PvP, there is exactly one guild on the entire server (Alliance and Horde) that actually competes in rated BGs. For the vast majority of the server, there is simply no interest in this aspect of the game.

Sadly, I know admitting defeat and just throwing in the towel on a failed excursion isn't really Blizzard's style, so I have no doubt that this change will go through.
88 Human Paladin
I'm not going to lie. I'm annoyed with pretty much everyone who's replied in this thread. It doesn't matter if you agree, or you disagree. Blizzard will do what they feel is best, because quite frankly, they are the ones with the data at hand, and we don't. Simple as that. And I agree, I for one got all of my gear way too fast, and I don't like that at all. I fully welcome this change. It makes perfect sense to me. RBG's may not be where they should be, but they're there for us to utilize.

But what if I don't like it?

Well...then deal with it. That's really your only option. That or quit, I should say. You can just suck it up, organize a team of ten, and go into a RBG and get the extra five hundred points, or you can sit at a thousand conquest points each week. Either way, you are still getting gear. Whining about it won't do any good.

Also, Blizzard isn't trying to make anyone do anything. If you want your gear faster, then you should learn how to grit your teeth, and muck through it. They aren't drastically changing anything. They aren't giving people who do RBGs anything extra that you can't obtain doing regular Arenas each week. This is just an incentive for people to try RBGs. The more people who do it, the more they will come back. Blizzard isn't holding a gun to your head and making you do them. Everything in the game is by choice. Don't like it? That's too bad. Deal with it.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
hey zarhym, thanks for taking the time to address this issue. i was just wondering what the next step is if rated bgs still don't take. if we still decided rated bg's still aren't our thing, will you back off or keep trying "compel" us in other fashions?

honestly i feel like this change is akin to making people play starcraft to level up their diablo character. i don't wanna play starcraft, i like diablo.
90 Tauren Paladin
05/12/2011 10:35 PMPosted by Aoir
That said... really? You guys are mad because you have to spend more time PvPing?

I'll gladly do more arenas than I am now because I enjoy it. More time isn't the problem, it's being forced to do something I don't want to do that is the problem.
85 Human Death Knight
Trying to hit my 2963 pt cap is already a nightmare... This is going to make it even worse on this terrible faction.
85 Human Rogue
I think there should be some grind to pvp but i pvp to pvp not to get gear. However if i go pve i go to get gear because i get no satisfaction out of killing a npc. Now about feeling like the other 70% that % likes to raid but nobody likes to rbg. The problem with lower the amount of cp u get for a win is ppl with multi characters because if u have 3 its just gonna take you longer than it would if you only had 1 because you would be focusing your effort
1 Night Elf Warrior
05/12/2011 10:41 PMPosted by Activator

This is in no way being said in a spamming / trolling manner.

The first line of your post truly demonstrates just how out of touch you (Blizzard) really are with what activities your player base choose to participate. Such a small, small percentage of subscribers play rated BGs. From a participation standpoint, it has been nothing short of a colossal flop.

The single biggest factor is that putting together a group of 10 players, and then getting that group to stay together for multiple games through horrendously long queues is simply painful. Also consider when rated BG pugs are put together through trade or guild chat, queue into 1500+ teams, get steamrolled, and quit after the first game due to your faulty matchmaking system. On Stonemaul-PvP, there is exactly one guild on the entire server (Alliance and Horde) that actually competes in rated BGs. For the vast majority of the server, there is simply no interest in this aspect of the game.

Sadly, I know admitting defeat and just throwing in the towel on a failed excursion isn't really Blizzard's style, so I have no doubt that this change will go through.

You know how they can fix that? Simply make PVP WORLD WIDE! Make WORLD WIDE Bracket, and have all the Teams Stretch across all 150+ servers. Queues will not longer exist! then there will be MOAR PVP, and Less QQ about Queue times and fighting the same people over and over again!
90 Draenei Shaman
05/12/2011 10:42 PMPosted by Strongbeard
I'm not going to lie. I'm annoyed with pretty much everyone who's replied in this thread. It doesn't matter if you agree, or you disagree. Blizzard will do what they feel is best, because quite frankly, they are the ones with the data at hand, and we don't. Simple as that. And I agree, I for one got all of my gear way too fast, and I don't like that at all. I fully welcome this change. It makes perfect sense to me. RBG's may not be where they should be, but they're there for us to utilize.

so blizzard forcing us to do rated bgs in order to be competitive in arena sounds like a good idea to you?

just because blizzard dislikes the fact that no one likes rated BG's doesn't mean they should be forcing them on us, thats not the solution
85 Human Paladin
This makes absolutely no sense at all to me.

In pve they allowed equal gear for 10 and 25 mans basically telling the players to do the content they prefer.

Pvp was no different when they made personal rating equal to conquest cap regardless of the bracket being 2s, 3s, 5s and rated bgs. Again the principle was allowing players to do the content they had the most fun with.

This change feels like the developers saying, "we want rated bgs to be the focal point of wow pvp, but you guys aren't cooperating so we're going to increasingly more difficult for arena players until start playing ball." This seems like a really poor way to go about promoting rated bgs.
1 Night Elf Warrior
05/12/2011 10:44 PMPosted by Digitallag
I think there should be some grind to pvp but i pvp to pvp not to get gear. However if i go pve i go to get gear because i get no satisfaction out of killing a npc. Now about feeling like the other 70% that % likes to raid but nobody likes to rbg. The problem with lower the amount of cp u get for a win is ppl with multi characters because if u have 3 its just gonna take you longer than it would if you only had 1 because you would be focusing your effort

YES there should be a grind. You should HAVE TO WORK for your rewards.
85 Human Rogue
05/12/2011 10:42 PMPosted by Ultimate
Just for PVP... becuase they don't care about PVP, quit trying to think that PVP is more important than the STORY LINE? PVP is not a MAJOR thing! and it is not Blizzards Focus...

this is another valid point i believe they address pvp to keep qq down however i don't think there focus is wow anymore wow peaked in bc its all down hill from there

88 Human Paladin
so blizzard forcing us to do rated bgs in order to be competitive in arena sounds like a good idea to you?

just because blizzard dislikes the fact that no one likes rated BG's doesn't mean they should be forcing them on us, thats not the solution

That's the beauty of it. They're not forcing you to do anything. It's why it's called an incentive. It's to get people to do something they don't like, or have yet to try. But they're not making you do it. Blizzard isn't saying that the only way you can obtain your conquest gear is by RBGs. I for one didn't see that at all. Instead, I saw it as a way to get an extra five hundred points.

Do I like the idea? That doesn't really matter. Again, Blizzard will do what they see fit, there is a reasoning behind their decisions. I don't have to like it. But I certainly respect it. I think it's a good idea however, to make people actually work and put more effort into gaining conquest points. And I will admit, that this includes me as well.
1 Night Elf Warrior
This makes absolutely no sense at all to me.

In pve they allowed equal gear for 10 and 25 mans basically telling the players to do the content they prefer.

Pvp was no different when they made personal rating equal to conquest cap regardless of the bracket being 2s, 3s, 5s and rated bgs. Again the principle was allowing players to do the content they had the most fun with.

This change feels like the developers saying, "we want rated bgs to be the focal point of wow pvp, but you guys aren't cooperating so we're going to increasingly more difficult for arena players until start playing ball." This seems like a really poor way to go about promoting rated bgs.

RBG are the closest thing you can have to a Raid. PVP doesn't have a repair bill... but PVE does, and a group of 10 and 25 people could wipe for HOURS on a boss, and only get 2 or 5 pieces of loot, while you take 10 PVP people and if they all do good, they ALL get gear at the same time, and you don't even spend a FRACTION of the time that PVE does. How can you EVER COMPLAIN!
90 Dwarf Hunter

YES there should be a grind. You should HAVE TO WORK for your rewards.

This is just plain idiotic. PvP play should be more skill based instead of steamrolling players with less gear/resil than you. PvP gear has always been relatively easy to obtain in comparison to PvE gear just for this reason.

PvE is designed around little skill, little gear checks. PvP is supposed to be designed around skill based play which is why the design is the way it is. You don't tell people playing FPS games that they have to hit max level to get the same health pools as other players. It's the same design. Ranking up has it's perks of even faster gearing and better weapons yes but turning PvP into a raiding style gear grind will break the system and further discourage new players and alts from joining the scene.
Edited by Bullettime on 5/12/2011 10:52 PM PDT
1 Night Elf Warrior
05/12/2011 10:47 PMPosted by Digitallag
Just for PVP... becuase they don't care about PVP, quit trying to think that PVP is more important than the STORY LINE? PVP is not a MAJOR thing! and it is not Blizzards Focus...

this is another valid point i believe they address pvp to keep qq down however i don't think there focus is wow anymore wow peaked in bc its all down hill from there

Yup... BC was the peak. Cata will get interesting... but it will take them until about 4.3 to 4.4 to really start bringing people back.
85 Goblin Rogue
hey zarhym, thanks for taking the time to address this issue. i was just wondering what the next step is if rated bgs still don't take. if we still decided rated bg's still aren't our thing, will you back off or keep trying "compel" us in other fashions?

honestly i feel like this change is akin to making people play starcraft to level up their diablo character. i don't wanna play starcraft, i like diablo.

MOAR FORESIGHT INCOMING!!!!!!!

If players do not take to the idea of being force fed RBGs, thar will be a Dev Water Cooler article stating the general PvP community should L2P, and if that doesn't work, well then anyone who participates in RBGS will get a goody bag at the end of RBGs that contains gems, gold, pots, and a chance for a gladiator pet of some sort, probably a ghost crustacean that follows you around and yells "L2P" :D
85 Human Rogue

That's the beauty of it. They're not forcing you to do anything. It's why it's called an incentive. It's to get people to do something they don't like, or have yet to try. But they're not making you do it. Blizzard isn't saying that the only way you can obtain your conquest gear is by RBGs. I for one didn't see that at all. Instead, I saw it as a way to get an extra five hundred points.

wrong try again

Rbgs are not a testament to skill thats why and Arena will always be how one is truely judged if i see a rogue with 2.2k weapons and grand marshal title its like w/e how many times did u spam fok on a flag?

Edited by Digitallag on 5/12/2011 10:56 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]