150 Mount achievement with a Mount reward!

85 Human Warrior
Greetings Blizz,

Alot of us here are hard core mount collectors. As everyone knows, obtaining mounts is FAR harder and much more time consuming than obtaining pets. Please add a new mount as an award for 150 mounts!

And kindly make it an awesome one too please! For all the hard work and time invested!

Cheers,

Faithful mount collector

K
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Inc people coming into this thread to tell you that such a change would be unfair even though there are far more unavailable/discontinued pets than mounts.
Reply Quote
I disagree that mounts are harder than pets. My math may be wrong, but I tried to figure out today how many pets you can get in-game if you were to start collecting today. No store pets, no TCG, no unobtainable pets like the Onyxian Whelpling, etc. It was something around 140ish; and certainly not 150.

The 150 pet achievement seems to require you've spent extra money on the game, either by buying pets, TCG loot pets, collector's editions for those pets, authenticators, etc. I'm not sure if the mounts are in the same boat but collecting 150 pets is not going to be easy for your average player unless they add in 20 new pets with 4.2.

On this character I have 133 mounts.

Things I have that your "average" player may not have access to: Mottled Drake, Big Battle Bear, Swift Alliance Steed, Swift Zulian Tiger, Swift Zhevra, X53 Touring Rocket, Argent Charger, Charger, Warhorse, Flying Machine, Turbo-Charged Flying Machine.

So that's 122 mounts that are obtainable by your average player; plus I'm missing five Argent Tournament mounts still, the Baron Mount, Ashes of Alar, Azure Drake, Phosphorescnet Drake, Vitreous Stone Drake, Swift Zulian Panther, Drake ofthe North Wind, Armored Razzashi Raptor, the Blue Proto Drake, Reins of the Raven God, Grey Riding Camel, Headless Horseman's Mount, Brewfest Kodo, Brewfest Ram, Mim's Head, Big Pink Love Rocket, Onyxian Drake, all three Flying Carpets, Reins of Poseidus, the blue Battle Tank from Archaeology, Sea Turtle, and Invincible, all which are available with enough playtime, dedication, and/or luck.

If my math is correct, which I won't be surprised if it is not; it is currently possible to get 150 mounts in the game without having to spend an extra dime; while I do not believe this is true of pets.
Edited by Faid on 5/13/2011 9:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
05/13/2011 09:14 PMPosted by Faid
If my math is correct, which I won't be surprised if it is not; it is currently possible to get 150 mounts in the game without having to spend an extra dime; while I do not believe this is true of pets.

I have 156 pets, 9 unavailable, 4 from the store, 0 TCG. So 143 available in game now. Take another off if you want to count the core hound as spending extra money.

Missing the Claw, Fox, Lamp, Dark Phoenix. 147.

New Legendary linked pet in 4.2. 148. There were also 4 others added in 4.2 that fit Firelands or Hallow's End (Hyjal Bear Cub, Fire Lasher, Feline Familar, Creepy Crate) so if those go live 152 pets should be doable without buying any Pet Store pets. 151 without an authenticator

Edit: Hrm. Might've miscounted my unavailable. Might only be 149 without pet store.

Edit2: Chirping Box reward for the new Unbeatably Pterodactly achievement with 4.2. That might be the other mini jouster - would make sense, at least - which would be 150. Dunno, though.

05/13/2011 09:01 PMPosted by Eloderung
Inc people coming into this thread to tell you that such a change would be unfair even though there are far more unavailable/discontinued pets than mounts.

I don't think it would necessarily be unfair. It would be nice if they went ahead and put a 150 mount achievement in. There's a lot more 1% drop RNG with the mounts, though. I've got 132. Have the original Amani Bear and the other 131 are still in game - a few 1% drop rates and the RAF rocket. I don't have any of the TCG stuff.

Missing - Blue Proto Drake, Azure Drake, The Huntsman's Reins, Big Love Rocket, Swift Brewfest Ram, Onyxian Drake, Celestial Steed, Dark War Talbuk, Dark Riding Talbuk, Grand Black War Mammoth, Crimson Deathcharger, Poseidus, Invincible, Scepter of Az'aqir, Vitreous Stone Drake, Phosphorescent Stone Drake, Storm Drake of the East Wind, Grey Riding Camel, Golden King, Drake of the North Wind, Drake of the South Wind, Vial of the Sands, Winged Guardian (soon), Amani Battle Bear, Armored Razzashi Raptor, Zulian Panther.

That'd be 158 total if I got them all. I'd hardly call that easy though. About a third of them are ~1% drops if I'm counting right. A few are incredibly rare spawns. There's the 2 Store mounts. That's a lot different than the pet situation. Doable, but not easier. Even with the 5 or so new mounts in 4.2.
Edited by Liandroa on 5/14/2011 12:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Well I hope that's not your main, cause you are even farther from 150 mounts than I am. =( I'm not quite sure you realize how hard it will be to go from 108 to 150...
Edited by Elliora on 5/14/2011 1:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Blizzard said none of the current mini pet or mount achievements will reward a new title, or mount/mini pet (the new cataclysm ones, that is)

They said that they plan to add more later, which may award a new mini pet/mount/title.
Edited by Kybeorie on 5/14/2011 5:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Blizzard said none of the current mini pet or mount achievements will reward a new title, or mount/mini pet (the new cataclysm ones, that is)

They said that they plan to add more later, which may award a new mini pet/mount/title.

4.2 is adding a 150 Pet achievement with a pet called Nuts as the reward. Icon is an acorn so presumably it's a squirrel. The 100 and 125 pets achievements reward pet biscuits in 4.2.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

100, 125, and 150 are all coming with rewards right now on PTR, along with an appropriate RP letter from the Dalaran pet shop owner.

It's a good thing that Blizzard changes their mind about poor decisions. Let's just hope they reward mount collectors as much as they do pet collectors before 4.2 goes live.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The achievement may not be easily obtainable but that's the point! & they're constantly adding new things so it doesn't really matter. Go do something else for a while & come back to this when they've added more pets/mounts.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I don't see why this is so controversial. Assuming you continue to play the game, and blizzard continues to add mounts, everyone will eventually get - or have the potential to get - 150 mounts.

It's just a matter of how far ahead of the player-base Blizzard wants to be on this. A 150 achieve mount would be extremely rare currently and I think Blizzard probably thinks it would be too rare of a reward for the small number of people who currently meet the criteria.

That being said, I do find it odd that they're adding achievements up to 150 for the pets but not mounts. I just don't understand the discrepancy. Granted, I don't go as far out of my way for pets as I do for mounts, and I don't know the exact numbers, but I'd say they're very similar in the number available/retired as well as the number strictly available in-game vs. TCG/Blizz store/promotional.

The biggest difference I can see is that far more mounts are sourced from ridiculously low drop rates, but that's hardly the players' fault so I can't understand why you'd withhold a 150 mount achievement reward on the basis that some players are luckier than others.

I think if 4.2 is a good time to add a 150 pets achievement reward, then 4.2 is also a good time to add a similar achievement reward for mount collectors.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
The bottom line is that there really is no reason they shouldnt add this achievement. A reward or title would be nice but an achievement for 150 is needed. I collect mounts and pets and work hard to get every single one that i can. Pertaining to the TCG mounts you can just be patient and wait until someone puts one in the AH and then you can pay through the nose to get it. This is how ive gotten the moltted, Turtle, Hippo and the rhino. I am currently pretty broke but i do plan to get the others when i get the chance. Aside from that like people have stated over time everyone will be able to get 150 with much more ease. I think this achievement will come, lets hope its sooner rather then later. On a side note i do think that blizz is not adding this currently because they dont wanna deal with the goblin mount imbalance that people will complain about if it went live.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I'm just curious, if somebody were to start a fresh toon today.. how many mounts could they get excluding buying them from store, attending Blizzcon, etc.?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
150 mounts is probably the worst thing i've heard.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
05/21/2011 02:08 PMPosted by Oogamaz
I'm just curious, if somebody were to start a fresh toon today.. how many mounts could they get excluding buying them from store, attending Blizzcon, etc.?

I did this kind of quick, so it might not be 100% correct, so just consider this my estimate. See warcraftmounts.com for a lot of good mount info.

Excluding retired, blizz store, class mounts, Primary (but not secondary) profession mounts (BoP only), and TCG mounts, by my count:

154 base alliance
156 for horde (two goblin mounts)

Death Knight? Add two (not sure if they're both counted, however)
or
Warlock? Add two (technically in-game they're only counting one of them now)
or
Paladin? Add three (tho again, I think they're shorting paladins one of theirs also)
and/or
Engineer? Add two. (Flying machines)
and/or
Tailor? Add three. (Flying carpets)

TCG mounts available:
Riding Turtle, Spectral Tiger, Swift Spectral Tiger, X-51 Nether Rocket, X-51 Nether Rocket X-TREME, Big Battle Bear, Magic Rooster, Wooly White Rhino, Blazing Hippogryph, Mottled Drake, Savage Raptor. (11 total)

R-A-F:
X-53 Touring Rocket

Blizzard Store:
Celestial Steed

Blizzcon:
Big Blizzard Bear.

Anyone who's been playing long enough to have any of the retired mounts - gladiator mounts (8), black/plagued proto drakes (2), original level 60 mounts (6 horde, 8 alliance), original ZG mounts (2), ZA Bear (1), scarab lord (1), R-A-F Zhevra (1) and the number grows some more. Add as necessary.

And the list grows with nearly every patch!
Edited by Deathonwheat on 5/21/2011 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Terrible idea, but sounds like something blizzard would do because it favors horde since alliance didn't get any worgen mounts. Blizz would definately add this achivement to cater to WoW: Horde Wins Everything edition (aka cata)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
05/21/2011 05:09 AMPosted by Deathonwheat
That being said, I do find it odd that they're adding achievements up to 150 for the pets but not mounts. I just don't understand the discrepancy

Because there are a lot more pets than mounts currently.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
05/30/2011 05:35 PMPosted by Indarys
Terrible idea, but sounds like something blizzard would do because it favors horde since alliance didn't get any worgen mounts. Blizz would definately add this achivement to cater to WoW: Horde Wins Everything edition (aka cata)

Well then, don't you feel like a big dummy for playing the wrong side?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
It would be a good idea if it was not 150. Maybe something abit more realistic. I am sitting at 145 mount at the moment and although 5 more mounts does not sound like that much it is in fact. Considaring the ones I would have to get are really rare like ashes and spectral tiger.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
05/13/2011 09:14 PMPosted by Faid
I disagree that mounts are harder than pets.
Then, you haven't done your homework. Many of the mounts drop from end bosses, thus are subject to getting such raid groups together and winning the roll. During BC, I never saw the ashes drop.

I have 136 pets and 112 mounts. My next mount will likely be Attumen's, a very rare drop from a soloable boss in content two expansions old.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]