150 Mount achievement with a Mount reward!

1 Blood Elf Warlock
Wish this would happen :(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Considering a vast majority of mounts involved with this achievement are based solely on RNG - I do believe there's a reason we haven't seen this yet.

While I do believe it's completely possible for a new mount collector to eventually hit 150 mounts in the current state of the game it sure as hell ain't easy considering some of the stuff you have to farm. It's more like crossing your fingers and rolling the dice than actually working for something.
I started playing about a year ago. I have 128 mounts already and thus know a 125 mount achievement is easily obtainable.

I'm not angry that I don't have some of these mounts but it is kind of absurd to throw an achievement down based 100% on RNG favoring you /several/ times. That's why I think we haven't seen it yet. I can see them putting it down as a general achievement with the start of MoP however.

[[...Ok, I'm mad Skadi hasn't dropped the Blue Protodrake after ilostrack kills but still.]]
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
rare pets are easy to get. all it takes is time. pop in a movie, grind.

rare mounts drop in instances that usually have lockouts and most cannot be done solo.

I'm going to get the 100 mounts very soon, I've had over 100 pets for years.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
rare pets are easy to get. all it takes is time. pop in a movie, grind.

rare mounts drop in instances that usually have lockouts and most cannot be done solo.

I'm going to get the 100 mounts very soon, I've had over 100 pets for years.

then your not dedicated to your mount farming are you?, the idea of the reward is that it isn't supposed to be something everyone can just go get its a hard effort achievement like most of the raiding achievement i mean no guild in the world has killed heroic Ragnaros that hasn't put in the hours and hours yet there is an achievement for that, the arena gladiators get a mount for being the best not everyone gets those some things should be only for a limited few i could name alot more achievements that are harder to get but i wont go on and on.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
there is one, the dragonhawk. of which I see far fewer of than everything except the very old armored netherdrakes. I have a plagued drake and a s1 drake on another char and for me the 100 mounts has been far more time consuming
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
12/14/2011 09:20 PMPosted by Florimel
there is one, the dragonhawk. of which I see far fewer of than everything except the very old armored netherdrakes. I have a plagued drake and a s1 drake on another char and for me the 100 mounts has been far more time consuming

Reason why you see so few is because compared to about half the flyers in the game the 100 mount achievement dragonhawk is really ugly, on my horrible server alone there's about 200 with it(looked through the top 250 achievement hunters to see if i even had any competion for 150 if it was added) and i see no more than 2-3 a day using it.

With everything that has been added since they added the achievement it is a complete joke to obtain now if you go for all the rep ones filling in with drops/toc/profession/vendor which is why so many people want a higher one than 100.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Well, even if 150 would be hard to achieve with RNG, I think 125 is doable yet still difficult and time consuming enough to warrant an achievement :)

I have the 100 mount achievement and would love a 125 achievement if 150 still seems a bit to high for now! I work diligently on this stuff :)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
im hoping they bring out 200 mount achivement with this, i understand the QQ of oh but people dont have that many mounts its pointless well no it isnt because think about it if blizzard brought out 150 when they did 100 it would have avoided all these forums of we want 150 mounts so when they get around to adding the achivement i say add 200 aswell so when the target number becomes a reality the forums dont start back up.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Reason why you see so few is because compared to about half the flyers in the game the 100 mount achievement dragonhawk is really ugly,

The 100x Flyer Mount is ugly as sin. I wouldn't equip it if someone paid me. You're exactly right why that mount seems to be so rare--those that have it obviously have a large selection of better choices. It's such a disappointment for a reward--Much like the /fail flapping "non wings" I got for signing up for a year of wow (god I wish they'd redo that).

If the 150 chieve is Heart of the Aspects (can be seen in mounts you don't own), then that will get some use. I think it's sexy.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I think a 200 mounts achievement and mount is what blizz is planning to do at some point. It just makes more sense than 150 to me. I just hope the reward is something good and useable. I never once used the blue dragonhawk reward and I used the alibino drake maybe for a week.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
01/31/2012 10:16 PMPosted by Chainreact
I think a 200 mounts achievement and mount is what blizz is planning to do at some point. It just makes more sense than 150 to me. I just hope the reward is something good and useable. I never once used the blue dragonhawk reward and I used the alibino drake maybe for a week.

I don't think there's a single person in the game who owns 200.
Most I think I've seen is 180.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
150 is still insanely hard, and you are already talking about 200 ? :|

there is just no pleasing you people!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I concur with my colleagues. As an avid and devout mount collector, it causes me great pain that after 100 there is no defined goal. Bragging rights are excellent, but an achievement + mount is outstanding.

I was a forerunner in the push for Heart of the Aspects to be a 150 achieve mount. Please do not disappoint me again Blizzard.

Side-note: I was the first person to comment on it's Bnet page.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter

I don't think there's a single person in the game who owns 200.
Most I think I've seen is 180.

This guy have 197, almost have 200 =o
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Absalom/mount#status=not-collected

Found at list of whole people with # of mount.
http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=19&r=&w=&n=

02/01/2012 12:38 AMPosted by Naiyr
150 is still insanely hard, and you are already talking about 200 ? :|

Welll........ I already have 145 mount, beside 5 mount on my alt that i didnt get on my main, I still want 200! =P I heard there's a lot mount adding in MoP so it's kinda would be easier to getting 150 I think?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
HC
125 mounts=Albino proto drake
150 mounts=New dragonhawk (an underused model that they should do more with)
200 mounts= Something big and new and shiny. Should be an original model.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
125 mounts=Albino proto drake
150 mounts=New dragonhawk (an underused model that they should do more with)
200 mounts= Something big and new and shiny. Should be an original model.

125- Could be ok- Proto drakes are too 'last expansion' though
150- Don't make me camp you-- until MoP hits.
200- Agreed
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I find it much much harder to collect mounts vs compaions...They need a 150 mount Achievement with an awarded mount to follow...A good one...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]