Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon

Community Manager
With the continued popularity of the Dungeon Finder, many players have been asking for a way to group up with real-life friends who play on other realms to take on instances together. Today, we wanted to give you a heads up about a new feature currently in development that will allow players to invite Real ID friends ( http://us.battle.net/en/realid/ ) of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.

As this is a fairly complex service to develop, we don’t have a release date to share quite yet. It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service. We'll have more details to share with you as development progresses -- in the meantime, you may begin to see elements of the feature appear on the World of Warcraft PTR.
Edited by Nethaera on 5/17/2011 12:37 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Woot! Nice to hear!
72 Tauren Death Knight
First, I was like :)

And then:

05/17/2011 12:02 PMPosted by Nethaera
certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service.

I was :(
85 Night Elf Druid
Woah
85 Worgen Warlock
You guys want more money for a game thats subscription based and requires you to pay for everything? Hell, server transfers, race changes, character re-customization and gender changes should all be services that can be performed free of charge every few months or so.
85 Goblin Shaman

And then:

certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service.

my thoughts exactly...
90 Pandaren Shaman
Sweet, although it kind of sucks to pay, I'll pay. Met some really great people from different realms along the way, and it will be great to group wtih them.
85 Night Elf Druid
Awesome! Yay :D
51 Troll Warlock
So wait, what does "premium" mean?
Edited by Kongol on 5/17/2011 12:13 PM PDT
85 Gnome Warlock

And then:

That about covers it for me as well. Nice try, but I won't be paying more money for this feature. :/
90 Pandaren Shaman
05/17/2011 12:10 PMPosted by Kongol
So wait, what does "premium" mean?

Going based on the mobile armoury guild chat stuff, and AH, I'm going to guess it means you have to pay for it on top of your sub.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I was extremely excited and happy with Blizzard.

And then Activision informed me I would be paying for the pleasures. No thank you. You have actually just made me very sad on this side of the keyboard. A prospect I was excited to participate in since RID's inception aaaaaaand the realization that I will not pay for it.

Poor form. And after all those premium services I paid for to server transfer in the past to do just this. Sorta seems like a slap in the face, really.
Edited by Bip on 5/17/2011 12:17 PM PDT
85 Human Paladin
Paying for another service? No thanks. Not doing it.
90 Human Warrior

And then:

You read my mind...

-_- sigh
87 Blood Elf Priest
Seeing how we already pay extensively for this game, this should just be a feature for free.. Because, I will not pay money. No sir. And where as some will, this just reflects a little on your business as a tad "Money Grabby" over "Fun."
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]