Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon

85 Orc Shaman
05/17/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Twocat
How long until we have to pay to unlock hard mode raids?
soon enough, those that dont raid will be able to buy full tier gear
Edited by National on 5/17/2011 2:47 PM PDT
85 Worgen Druid
I was quite excited when I read this, thinking about some of the friends I have that I know play on other servers and I've not had a chance to group with them yet, thinking this might be fun.

Then I read the dreaded "Premium" word.

This seems a little crass, even for Blizzard. Thanks for nothing. Well, maybe not nothing, but "thanks for being exactly as marginal as required to maintain a subscriber base."
67 Tauren Warrior
First you take out 'Eyes of the beast' then you do this?

No blizzard.
Just no.

I'm losing my house but i'm still paying for this game.

After witnessing this amount of selfishness...I am going to move on when I just can't afford the monthly sub anymore.
100 Orc Warrior
why did neth post this? zarhym should of! neth doesnt deserve this kind of heat lol
90 Human Warrior
just wait untill totalbuiscut catches wind of this

THAT will be a good podcast..

things like this are one of the few things that would stop me from playing this game any longer, im a diehard wow player and i've been playing since vanilla but things like this.. make me question why i'm paying funds monthly if that cost doesn't cover every essential part of the game. i already play starcraft more than wow anyways..

"We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later.
--Rob Pardo, Blizzard's Senior Vice President of Game Design (2/20/2008)"
85 Tauren Paladin
05/17/2011 02:32 PMPosted by Reiterei
Where in the real world, can you demand more things for the same money you were paying before? Would it be nice if they didn't charge for it? sure....Is it acceptable for them to charge? Absolutely. This would be an optional feature

Sure an optional feature though that now, more than ever, does affect how people can directly get gear and loot. I'm sorry but I stick with MMOs that give a fair playing field. You want to spend your money on a server transfer, race change, name change, little fun pets you go right on ahead because it does not affect my game play.

Blizzard/Activision, this has crossed the line. This does DIRECTLY interfere with gearing and grouping with cross realm groups. It would be fine it was for free but to charge creates an unfair advantage to those who have tanks/heals friends on another realm and get a faster queue with them.

This would be akin to saying you have to have a premium account to invite guildies because its convenient to run heroics with them. Absolute bull.

Community, I charge you with the same conviction that I do. It's time to hang up our subscriptions until this is reversed. We will not stand for pay-to-play advantages that directly interfere with game play. I just removed my CC, my time ends in a week. Reverse or you have lost me forever.

Wow, you are reaching..pretty far. An unfair advantage? Really? what's preventing you from making friends with tanks and healers on your OWN realm? This service would only be convenient to people who have a lot of friends on different servers and would like to run 5 man dungeons (note that's all this is..they aren't doing raids). In no way shape of form does this feature being premium undermine fair play as you suggest.
88 Undead Warlock
Premium service?! I pay $15 a month for this game, and I expect to receive all features as a part of that cost. I don't really mind that you sell mounts and pets because they are cosmetic, but now you are saying that I have to pay more for a FEATURE of the game.

There is no way in Hell I will be paying for this, and hopefully the community is with me.
85 Undead Rogue
Want to run dungeons with your friends from other servers without paying a fee?

Roll a new alt, grind to level 85, enjoy.

Want to skip that mess? Hand Blizz a few extra bucks.

Doesn't seem that outrageous to me... it's not like they're increasing the subscription fee... this is completely OPTIONAL
88 Tauren Shaman
"We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later.
--Rob Pardo, Blizzard's Senior Vice President of Game Design (2/20/2008"

Their adding a feature that enhances communication with friends, but putting a premium on it. This is a MMORPG. This game is based around the community. The other micro transactions make sense. The ability to Transfer just because you feel like it would be bad for the game. The ability to change your race when ever you feel like it would dilute the feel of the races. Putting fees on those tools made a lot of sense. Putting a premium on this inhibits a great feature that would benefit the community.

Obviously Real ID itself was a complicated thing to implement, most likely way more costly then this feature. Yet, you did not see them ask for a premium to use real ID. With this "complex service" logic, you could argue anything they implements warrants a fee.
Edited by Miklurstin on 5/17/2011 2:46 PM PDT
My god, people need to quit crying. People do have a claim that the feature should be free. I even think that, just because Real ID is already in the game and so is the Dungeon Finder tool, combining them should be free to me. If they wanted to add another new feature to the game and charge a small fee, then that is fine. This one just doesnt need a fee though.

BUT, people are just crying about stupid things non the less. Even if Blizzard said nothing premium based would affect the game, this DOESNT. People can try to twist the story any way they like, but the truth is you can still play it the same way before this feature gets added and the same way after. Which is the free way of just rerolling, or buying a one time server transfer. People dont need to try and claim that is affects the game when it cleary doesnt. You can already play with your friends, it just most people want everything handed to them on a diamond spoon for free.

Also, WoW has stayed the same price for 6 years(which isnt $15, some countries are different, and it probally is on average about 11 or 12 dollars). Just that alone is amazing in itself. Blizzard has grown so much and has so much more equipment that even with the increase of number of players from 6 years ago, that the price probally should have gone up, but they found ways around it. Like the online store and other services such as trasfers, etc.

People need to get the idea out of their head that Blizzard is trying to become some money hungry company that doesnt care anymore, and come into the real world. Blizzard has to make money on the things they make and that monthly fee isnt enough because it is cover WoWs next exp, the servers, maintenance on equipment that that keeps wow and all of B.net up and running, AND other Blizzard IPs.

People need to be more mature about this topic and discuss it after looking at the whole picture and more is likely to be gained by us, rather than Blizzard just reading the topic, of which most just consist of people complaining and whing, which is useless.
90 Human Warrior
There are friends that I have made during the Cataclysm beta program in which I still keep in touch with via real ID. It will be nice to do an RD or two with them once in a while.

However this "once in a while" hardly justify the extra cost. I know other people on my realm who I can play with, I can ask my guild, or worse case scenario I use the dreadful LFG tool for a pug.

I acknowledge the development of such system will take a lot of work, but hey, game development is not supposed to be easy, and every subscriber have been paying $15 a month for new stuff to happen.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]