Cross-Realm Dungeon Feature Coming Soon

90 Human Paladin
First, I was like :)

And then:

certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service.

I was :(

I texted my friend when I saw the title of the thread since we've been looking for this feature since our guilds transferred servers apart from each other. And then I had to text her again and say, oh wait, I guess we won't be able to do it.
85 Human Warlock
Explain how (outside the hours of labor to develop it, which we are continually paying for because we pay each month) it will cost you money to provide this service for us, such that it is necessary and moral to charge a premium for it.

For example, will using this service consume many resources, either network or CPU? I don't see how.

To my knowledge, the amount of money you have to pay to play this game has not changed from day one.... thus I would understand if you were to adjust it to perhaps 16 or 17 dollars per month to account for inflation over the past 5 years. But please don't put in "premium" content, such that we have to make a decision as to which portions of Warcraft we wish to invest in.
Makes me wonder why we didn't get charged to use the optional Voice Client they developed back in the day.

THAT would've made sense. Not being able to play with friends from other realms.

I recall once Blizzard said Premium Services wouldn't ever affect the actual game. And this does.

Pets are one thing. This game functionality is a completely different one.
Edited by Fatloots on 5/17/2011 1:16 PM PDT
58 Draenei Death Knight
Oh right, the drop in subscriptions since Cata's release isn't that big of a deal. But yet you are still trying to milk as much money out of people who still play. Yeah, I am so blind and can't see that Blizzard is trying to show they broke even with this horrid expansion.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
All my friends quit for Rift because you ruined the damn game, small guilds cant get anyone to join them, heroics were too hard and then too easy, sweeping out my casual and hardcore friends over time, and while I still have one friend I can barely justify paying 15$ a month, not any more. Goodbye, its been a good 5 or so years but this is the last straw, this is the descent into just grabbing the money as you fall down to your death. First service that adds something new in game that you have to pay extra for and will actually help you play the game (horses are cosmetic).
85 Troll Druid
Makes me wonder why we didn't get charged to use the optional Voice Client they developed back in the day.

THAT would've made sense. Not being able to play with friends from other realms.

.... lol@ in-game Voice Client
90 Human Warrior
So, you're charging us to hang out with our friends? Yeah, I'm not paying a cent for this feature.
85 Orc Warrior
Too soon are the times when you will see:

Monthly Subscription type?
WoW Silver - Standard :: $16.00
WoW Gold - Alacart choose premium service $30.00
WoW Plat - All premium services free $50.00
1 Troll Hunter
Sounds cool! No way in hell am I paying for it tho.
90 Human Warlock
Sounded like a good idea until I read

premium-based

Blizzard fail.
85 Blood Elf Priest
Too soon are the times when you will see:

Monthly Subscription type?
WoW Silver - Standard :: $16.00
WoW Gold - Alacart choose premium service $30.00
WoW Plat - All premium services free $50.00

Nope. Because I'll be playing a different game if that happens.
85 Troll Druid
lol I would never pay additional money for a feature like this. If you would, more power to you. Honestly, it just made me laugh.
90 Draenei Paladin
If the price is reasonable I may go for it. My friends and I have wanted to do this for some time so if it's a one time service fee of like $10....I might consider it. If we're looking at more than that, then idk.
It was a wonderful addition that quickly spoiled by simply two words:

premium-based
90 Pandaren Shaman
Think the main problem with ppl complaining every time money is thrown out is now one does realize the costs of something as Huge as WoW.

How many servers are there? i bet the cost thousands to keep running in each cluster.
Wow never really tells you much on server setups . But i gather each content is a serve. severs for instances. and are grouped as a realm.

Development, you have to pay your employees for work, Hey d you get raises at work? i bet they do too or they wouldn't have employees stick around.

If you don't want to pay then don't that's your choice don't sit around and bad mouth them.
Blizzard is a Company they are there to make money, i bet WoW pays for development for your other Pretty games Like Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 since they are just Pay 50 dollars for a multi million dollar development game and cost no fees to play.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
05/17/2011 12:02 PMPosted by Nethaera
certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based

so it's either better to have all your friends be on one server or to pool money and pay for a couple of premiums to use for the whole group.

Course at the price for xfering realms anyway I always found it easier to just level a new toon and gear it. When Blizz fixes the BoAs so they go cross realm there will never be a need to pay to xfer.
Edited by Andrealock on 5/17/2011 1:19 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
While I certainly am not about to quit the game over this, I am also positive that I'm not about to pay any extra cash for a service that, while convenient, is not worth the money. Sure, I'd love to play with freinds on other servers. But I can already do that--simply re-roll and get leveling.

Sure, I've paid for the odd server transfer or race change or whatever, but considering those, I find this difficult to justify. I understand developing new features is not cheap, but that is why we pay a subscription. This is absolutely not worth the money, and despite my usual defense of Blizzard's premium services, I find somewhat appalling that so many people eagerly await shoveling more money into hands that we pay monthly for a service that should be added to the game free of charge as an incentive to not leave for greener pastures.

I should clarify here that if this were a one-time deal, I still would not purchase it but would be mildly less opposed to the idea. If this is an extra monthly payment such as is involved with the mobile Auction House, then I have no issue opposing it loudly and often.
Edited by Kerriodos on 5/17/2011 1:20 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]