Gondria

2 Draenei Paladin
Hi guys,

I've been trying to find Gondria and tame her as a pet for my highest toon. I've been searching for 3 days off and on and have had no luck. (i've researched all her spawn points, and have NPCScan)

I'm on Saurfang.

So just wondering if anybody has any helpful hints, or advice, or stories they could share that could aid me in capturing this girl that would be great :)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
the only thing you can do is keep checking as often as possible or set your alarm for the wee hours of the morning and pop on when far less people are on wich has worked well for me getting rares.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
when i farmed the STD i just did a circle with my friend all day to each spot he spawned. he showed up eventually.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Only advice is to keep at it. I was looking for Gondria and Skoll, just every few hours checking their spawn points. It took me a week for Gondria, but I have yet to get Skoll. :(
Reply Quote
saw gondria on petopia.com and within 4mins of logging on wow i found him. just luck.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
It spawn at 2 am, I did a patrol at 2 am and boom found it. so try between 2 am and 6 am

GL for your hunt
Edited by Crizzle on 5/19/2011 6:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
8 Blood Elf Warlock
Thanks for the advice guys....I just handed in a quest in another area, flew back through Zul' Durak, thought i'd go for a fly around to check, not much hope...and found her :D...this was at 11:47pm, Australian, Sydney time, on the Saurfang server. What a stroke of luck. Am so happy now.

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I got a bit lucky, I only had to search for her for a day. I don't know if you're a big Wowhead fan but, if you search her on there...there is a lot of info on spawn times. :)

I have an obsession with rare pets.

Currently my favorites that I have. Gondria, Arcturis, Loque and Terrorpene.

I can't manage to find Skoll yet :(
After spending ages waiting for Terrorpene to spawn, I mean hours and hours I sat there, I promised myself I wouldn't do the same for Skoll I'd just randomly at the top of the hour every few hours fly to his spawn points for about 15 minutes.

My tip? Are you still leveling that toon? What I would do if you really want her, I did this for Arcturis and Loque. Stay at that spawn point. Que for a dungeon and while the que is going fly to every spawn point continuously. Do the dungeon when you're able. Finish it, re-que start your search again. Do this for either a long time one day for a few hours every day or every other day, you will find her. :)

Oh, one more tip. Now this might cause people to hate you but, I read somewhere that killing a rare resets the timers. Find out her spawn timer and while you're messing around search for another rare. I suggest King Krush, he seems to be the easiest to find. Kill him. The timer should restart. Then as long as you know her spawn timer, you know when to be back :)

Good luck!

**EDIT** noticed your post. Grats! Hope this helps another hunter looking for her.
Edited by Lindoazul on 5/19/2011 7:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Just keep looking. It took me 3-4 days to find her :) and also logging on around 7 a.m. server time really helps. I know its early (or atleast where i live it is) but its worth it :P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter

Thanks for the advice guys....I just handed in a quest in another area, flew back through Zul' Durak, thought i'd go for a fly around to check, not much hope...and found her :D...this was at 11:47pm, Australian, Sydney time, on the Saurfang server. What a stroke of luck. Am so happy now.

Yay congrats. I'm on Saurfang too and tamed her a couple of days ago. I was lucky and just flew there on the offchance and there she was. I had the same luck with Loque'nahak a while ago. It seems I get the best luck with a random fly by on a whim. I've been looking for Skoll for a week now without a sign, not even a corpse or someone killing or taming him. I don't know if Skoll has a longer timer or is just more popular - or if my luck ran out on the cats lol
anyway congrats again.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Grats on getting your pet.

But I'd like to add something in case you (or anybody else reading this) want info on finding another pet.

If you're using NPC Scan, be sure to get the related overlay for it as well.
It highlights your world map with all the spawn and patrol areas of the various rares in any given zone.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
On my server, I tend to have the best luck with taming these rare mobs around 0800 server time. My suggestion is similar to others - try very early in the morning before everyone else wakes up. Depending on your server, 0200-0400 should work best. Check near the top of each hour from 5 minutes before to 5 minutes after. It also helps to make a targeting macro as a backup (it helps catch my attention as well).

/tar [name of mob here]
/stopmacro [noexists]
/t [Your name here] You've found %t! Now wake up and tame it! (second sentence not necessary)

Some people also choose to add a /script PlaySoundFile at the end, but I can't remember that exact line and don't have WoW opened up. Check WoWhead under the comments for these beasts for it. I wish you luck. Gondria's a beauty.
Reply Quote
89 Human Death Knight
im trying to tame her to on my 84 hunter i find skoll just acouple of mins ago i was really happen i got on here to see if any 1 on bleeding hollow knows what time they got her at that way i can keep an eye out for her
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Caught Gondria at 3:15 pm CST at spawn point 69.62 47.81 she was mixed in with the blood of mam'toth.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
What is this, the department of necr... err, postmortem communications?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
08/28/2014 01:23 PMPosted by Bubbletrble
Caught Gondria at 3:15 pm CST at spawn point 69.62 47.81 she was mixed in with the blood of mam'toth.

This is relevant for the OP and the rest of us. Thank you for your input, and please continue to provide us with this vital information.
Edited by Papasmokes on 8/28/2014 1:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
gondria tamed on greymane at 6 41 am today at the green-blue lava point
Edited by Pyreil on 10/9/2014 9:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm on Madoran. I got up early one morning and got online at 6:40AM central time. I went to the spawn spot where the greenish blue lava flows. There she was, pacing back and forth. I was a nervous wreck. I thought for sure I was going to shake myself to death before I could tame her because I was so damn nervous that another hunter would swoop down and get her...or worse, kill her...but I did :-) LOL

She's one beautiful girl :-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]