Blood Elf Druid, why not?

90 Blood Elf Priest
I am not sure if this would be the right place to post this but here goes:

More and more these days I find myself digging deeper into blood elf lore simply due to my race/ and the fact I am part of a roleplay realm, and find a few issues with the setup of blood elf classes, or rather two in particular. The fact we have warriors, and the fact we do not have druids.

It is common knowledge that blood elves have an intense addiction to magic, and simply having the ability of the arcane torrent I would think would not sate this. If anything, I see this as a release of excess power built up from their practices.

Being a warrior would be a complete denial of your very nature itself as a blood elf, and instead another magical class: the druid, would indeed be a much better choice for the classes. Below I have even quoted from sites that give examples as to why the Sin'dorei should indeed be able to become Druids.

There has even been other arguments on the Blood Elf Druid debate noted here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1921986561?page=8
Whom also does make several valid arguments as to why, and some defending why not. However, mainly the why not being, the alliance supposedly needs another druid race if the horde does. From this I would say, okay why wont do something like: Get rid of the gnome warrior, since by race build as a whole it shouldn't work, and put a druid option there, but this is my own opinion.

"Contrary to popular belief, blood elves still have a strong affinity with nature, especially the Farstrider rangers. Like the quel'dorei before them, the sin'dorei have druids, but they are not the same as kaldorei or tauren druids; the blood elf variety of druids are closer to traditional "medieval" druids, working to conserve and maintain the natural environment of Quel'Thalas. While most cannot shape-shift, they share some of the same druid spells such as Speak with Plants. However, there is at least one shape-shifting druid (High Botanist Freywinn)."
-Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Blood_elf_(playable)

"High elves have also practiced druidism; they had elven druid. The Elven Rangers have practiced it, too. It is also assumed that blood elves have also been trained in the art of the druid."
http://www.wowwiki.com/Druid_races

So yes or no fellow players: What is your thoughts of Blood Elves gaining the druid class?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Short answer: Blizzard didn't want to.

I suppose it makes as much sense as Troll Druids, and perhaps something we may see in a future expansion, when they decide to do away with race and class restrictions.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

dear goddess no.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
@Wildpaw I agree with what you said. I just would rather them do it well before opening up all classes to all races.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hell to the no.
Reply Quote
I don't like the idea but I will concede that it's impossible to defend my feelings when NE can roll mages now, lorewise.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/20/2011 01:20 PMPosted by Milloux
I don't like the idea but I will concede that it's impossible to defend my feelings when NE can roll mages now, lorewise.

Eff lore. We don't need more races to be Druids.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Short Answer, Druidism and Druid Magic are "too slow" for the Blood Elves, they looked down upon it when they were once Night Elves, and it certainly won't sate their Arcane magic lust now. Nature magic, such as that which was taught by Cenarius, is looked down upon by the sect of Elves that are Blood Elves as not being good enough for them, they would never "stoop that low" to even attempt to learn druidism. They will be one of the last races to learn Druidism.
Reply Quote
05/20/2011 01:32 PMPosted by Ikagawa

Eff lore. We don't need more races to be Druids.

I completely agree. Even though I'm totally an interloper throw-in race.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Short Answer, Druidism and Druid Magic are "too slow" for the Blood Elves, they looked down upon it when they were once Night Elves, and it certainly won't sate their Arcane magic lust now. Nature magic, such as that which was taught by Cenarius, is looked down upon by the sect of Elves that are Blood Elves as not being good enough for them, they would never "stoop that low" to even attempt to learn druidism. They will be one of the last races to learn Druidism.

Exactly. The High Elves had the opportunity to learn Druidic magic before they were exiled, and refused it. They've made it clear that isn't what they want, and at this point it definitely wouldn't satisfy them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Farstrider Druids makes more sense than Troll Druids, but what Druid would teach them the Druidism? i think even Malfurion hate them.

Night Elf mages are Highbournes, nothing wrong with the Lore here.
Reply Quote
13 Troll Mage
I'd rather see goblin druids first......

Go go clockwork bear!
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
No. It has been said above that they look down on druidism and already denied it. Furthermore, where they might have a high affinity for Nature, they still abuse it to sate their magic addiction. E(')lune would never consent to grant them druidic powers after what they did to the Kaldorei and Nordrassil.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
05/20/2011 05:31 PMPosted by Joux
E(')lune would never consent to grant them druidic powers after what they did to the Kaldorei and Nordrassil.

Let alone the 3 remaining Dragon Aspect, of which, our class above all other has the most contact with.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
No because no.

But here's a video of the concept made by the plants vs zombies girl to console you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXMTHae0uVc
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
No because no.

But here's a video of the concept made by the plants vs zombies girl to console you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXMTHae0uVc

Oh god, it hurts. It BURNS!!! Someone heal me please.
Reply Quote
honestly, most of those pushing for BE druids, is because they want to be BE on another char, BE's have made a big enough impact, and the fact is they doubt (lore here) and look down on nature magic.
also a gnome druid....really? no.
And also getting rid of class/race combos is a HUGE no no, it'd force alot of people to unhappily race change when they enjoyed what they had.

Multiple people have said it but i will say it too, Blood Elves, lore wise, had their chance to have druids, yet they shuned the magic believing it too low for their kind. Let alone after what has happened, they wouldn't even get the chance to learn it.

On troll druids, they do have supportive lore related to the few trolls that got lost in their retreat, and began little amounts of druidic magic, soon to learn more thereafter.

Goblin druids would break the game, lore wise they are one of the 2 most oposite races to druidic nature. Who you think cuts all the trees down? orcs and goblins. I don't think druids like seeing forests turned to wood for buildings etc.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
/hairball
Reply Quote
76 Human Paladin
Malfurion finds Blood Elves distasteful and he is boss druid.
Reply Quote
63 Troll Hunter
It will never happen most blood elves look at druids as mad dirt worshipers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]