Blood Elf Druid, why not?

100 Night Elf Druid
Farstrider Druids makes more sense than Troll Druids...

well, didn't the trolls just kind of "steal" it?
Reply Quote
05/20/2011 06:13 PMPosted by Sumii
Malfurion finds Blood Elves distasteful and he is boss druid.

true.

05/20/2011 10:35 PMPosted by Zoljen
It will never happen most blood elves look at druids as mad dirt worshipers.

this made me lol.
Edited by Cmhiten on 5/20/2011 11:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Demon-tainted magic addicts aren't really good candidates for achieving the harmony and balance of nature.
Reply Quote
05/21/2011 12:08 AMPosted by Bloodfeud
Demon-tainted magic addicts aren't really good candidates for achieving the harmony and balance of nature.

this too.

Simply put as you can see.
Blood Elves are NOT MENT to be Druids, Blizzard has engraved that fact into their skin practicaly
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/20/2011 10:58 PMPosted by Rodand

No.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Heres my feelings..

originally the blood elves kidnapped Muru..'bending' the light to there will...then later on after muru was killed and the sunwell made into a holy site/fountain..they kinda leech from that. would the expirience of the blood elves as a race..trying to redeem themselves..warrent possibly them being druids?

theres one part that..they could kidnap muru and force leech the light through him...wouldnt nature..standing next to the light aka god..if they can bend the light to twisted albeit not necessarily evil ends..why not nature..whom is more like the planet...god to a planet..if they can bend god to there will..why not a planet?

o_O

ok but seriously..the blood elves as a race are on a quest to calm there addiction and redeep there people as a race. what happened with the sunwell and it being turned into a holy site went a long way towards redeeming them. wouldnt the nature aspects see this..and offer a different path..in this case druidism? in its 'calming/satating' way?

le poke with my thoughts :P
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Think of tauren paladin/priest and NE mages.... they'll find a way.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
IMO, the Quel'dorei (and subsequently the Sin'dorei) probably harbored a lot of resentment and disdain for druids. It was a druid who was responsible for cutting off their source of magic, not once but twice. A druid was also responsible, at least partially, for their banishment from Kalimdor. So their lack of druidism probably began there, with their hatred of a druid. I would not be surprised if the Quel'dorei did not bring or except any kind of druidistic teachings when the left Kalimdor.

Move forward to nowadays, and while yes the Sin'dorei do respect and speak with nature (particularly the Farstriders), I don't believe they seek to commune or be one with nature. Just take a look at architecture of Silvermoon City and it's outlying settlements and compare that to Darnassus and it's outlying settlements. There is clearly a greater affinity with nature amongst the Kaldorei than there is amongst the Sin'dorei.

So I would imagine that true druidism, the way the Kaldorei, worgen, trolls and tauren practice it, probably has never been accepted / taught amongst the Sin'dorei or Quel'dorei.
Edited by Jekada on 5/21/2011 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
05/20/2011 10:58 PMPosted by Rodand
Farstrider Druids makes more sense than Troll Druids...

no, the loa taught them to motivate the troll priests to not kill them like the drakkari and such.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Draenei druid. So I can turn into a spaceship as a flight form.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
In the love of all that is good and holy, NO!
Reply Quote
05/21/2011 03:49 AMPosted by Aramatzu
if they can bend the light to twisted albeit not necessarily evil ends..why not nature..whom is more like the planet...god to a planet..if they can bend god to there will..why not a planet?

GET THE POINT? THEY DONT WANT NATURE MAGIC? They could have been druids but they said no.
Please read some of the lore comments.

Blood Elves are like the high rich stuck up movie stars (my brother was on transformers 2 and every single one of them cept the black guy that was in movie army dude, was stuck up and didn't care for the U.S. military) They look down on others and feel that magic based on the aid and worship of nature is UNWORTHY of them and too low for them. (they are nothing like that cute singing video that was posted here earlier, i mean look at them, there's a "dont trust the rogue video" that more matches them.

05/21/2011 03:49 AMPosted by Aramatzu
wouldnt the nature aspects see this..and offer a different path..in this case druidism?

NO Becuase they already were offered and they said no. And since their actions with the demons etc. Leaders of the druids wouldn't even give them a chance now because Blood Elves are one of the 3 main oposite races to druids, Dwarves have a better chance at being a druid,m heck maybe even undead...

05/21/2011 03:56 AMPosted by Sìel
Think of tauren paladin/priest and NE mages.... they'll find a way.

Tauren were open minded and gained it from the humans, NE mages have always existed but were banned from ally NE. No BE will not be druids.

05/21/2011 05:15 AMPosted by Malunar
Gnome MONKS!!!

Epic.

05/21/2011 09:45 AMPosted by Bebbit
No. There are enough Blood Elves running around as it is. Everyone wants to be the "pretty" race on Horde.
This is the real reason everyone wants a BE druid, so stfu bout it seriously, if you want to be a druid, unless ur resto, ur spending all ur time in a form, take it from a 85 feral.

05/21/2011 08:30 AMPosted by Mint
Draenei druid.
That is something i can't even say anything on, idk if draenei have a lore that relates heavily to druids at all.
Edited by Cmhiten on 5/21/2011 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
If they keep giving class options to Blood Elves, no hordies will ever play any other race. Fanboyism for the race that's 'pretty' rather than 'ugly' is too rampant. Add in that their racial is relatively good, and it's game over.

One of the things I like about playing Alliance is the racial diversity I see walking through Stormwind. On my hordie, all I saw was blood elf hordes.
Edited by Avendrys on 5/21/2011 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Lore be damned, Bliz has made plenty of choices that seem wacky according to lore (as best I can tell, with friends as the source of my info on Warcraft lore). I can't stand the 2 Horde druid options, I'd love the be able to play either faction without hating what I'm looking at on screen.
Reply Quote
05/21/2011 03:00 PMPosted by Noxie
Lore be damned, Bliz has made plenty of choices that seem wacky according to lore (as best I can tell, with friends as the source of my info on Warcraft lore). I can't stand the 2 Horde druid options, I'd love the be able to play either faction without hating what I'm looking at on screen.

We don't need more blood elves. Might as well make the entire horde team blood elves if you give them druids and shamans.
those two classes are gladly held from them.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Yes. Arcane Torrent = yum yum
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Only if their travel form is a powder blue honda prius.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
05/21/2011 04:49 PMPosted by Xyos
Only if their travel form is a powder blue honda prius.

You, sir, win +2 Interwebz.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]