Question about pvp

85 Troll Rogue
You expect me to answer someone named xatheist?

1) Showing your religion (or lack thereof) as a character name only exposes your insecurities (huge character flaw that no PvP guild would want).

2) Atheism doesn't exist

Elaboration:

a)

Atheism requires the proof of no god
No proof of no god doesn't exist
-------------------------------------------
Atheism doesn't exist

b)

Religion -----faith---> God (the bridge is faith)
Atheism -----non faith---> no God ??

letter a) inductively reveals the nonexistence of atheism because b) shows that it is self paradoxical.

Rename yourself Xagnostic and then we'll talk, because right now you're not making any sense.

A pretty dumb response for a pretty dumb name, seems logical

You call it dumb, but you can't explain as to how it is dumb.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
06/05/2011 12:17 PMPosted by Ghettomagic
Blaming entire wars on just religion, he must be very uneducated. Poor lil' fella.

I do believe that the Al Qaeda attacks and war against terrorism are purely religious on the Al Qaeda side, the US side was mostly Clint Eastwood/Chuck Norris "Go Ahead....make my day"

Dating back to before the Holy Crusades - wars were mostly purely religious or territorial.

FYI
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
I think the Crusades were started by Pope Urban II as an opportunity to break feudal bonds at the time which was the main contribution to Europe's mediocre economy. As for Radical Islam, yes, it seems their goal is definitely a combination between religious goals and overzealous pride.

06/05/2011 12:17 PMPosted by Ghettomagic
Cragster, I ask you to act as though our friend Envergadura was half as smart as you. Let's say his initial statement was perhaps....'Religion is dumb because in society it is very frequently viewed as a stigma if you differ from another person's.' You clearly are wasting time arguing with such an inferior human. Blaming entire wars on just religion, he must be very uneducated. Poor lil' fella.

Heh, I see where he's coming from but by only skimming the surface of this deep debate. As for your statement, I agree that a lot of people are way too obsessed with converting people to their religion. As far as I'm concerned, as long as people are nice and charitable there's no reason to force a religion down someone's throat and if they reject condemn them to Hell. I'd say that's one of the main reason that organized religion gets a bad rep.

06/05/2011 01:24 PMPosted by Kaosephiroth
It's never about religion. That's just the reason fed to the ignorant masses.

I'd have to agree.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
This thread is a continuing story of success.

Proceed
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Of course I could explain why it's dumb, just log over to ally sometime and I'll let ya know, not gonna get another warning
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue

You expect me to answer someone named xatheist?

1) Showing your religion (or lack thereof) as a character name only exposes your insecurities (huge character flaw that no PvP guild would want).

2) Atheism doesn't exist

Elaboration:

a)

Atheism requires the proof of no god
No proof of no god doesn't exist
-------------------------------------------
Atheism doesn't exist

b)

Religion -----faith---> God (the bridge is faith)
Atheism -----non faith---> no God ??

letter a) inductively reveals the nonexistence of atheism because b) shows that it is self paradoxical.

Rename yourself Xagnostic and then we'll talk, because right now you're not making any sense.

In response to argument a:

Your reasoning is invalid because there is evidence that God doesn't exist. Atheism exists because there is evidence against the existence of god that, in my opinion, is stronger and more logically sound than the evidence for God. We can't prove that unicorns don't exist. We can't prove that Zeus doesn't exist. We can, however, come to the conclusion that because we've never actually seen unicorns or Zeus, they are not real. Atheism has lots of other arguments against the existence of god One popular one is: Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Argument b) doesn't make any sense either because the bridge from atheism to no God is not non-faith, but it is the evidence against God's existence.

If you want more info on arguments against the existence of God, Wikipedia and reddit's r/atheism/ have some good info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existence_of_God#Arguments_against_the_existence_of_God http://www.reddit.com/help/faqs/atheism#Strongvs.Weakatheism

Aye, surely the argument against God is more logically sound than the argument for. However, both arguments are inductive, thus it cannot be settled that God exists or God does not exist. This means that even the slightest doubt in the nonexistence of God nullifies atheism. Since there is doubt for sure, atheism cannot exist. As Kixx implies, there is no way to know for sure if you choose the route of atheism - the farthest you can get is agnosticism. As for Epicurus's argument, I am a firm advocate of Saint Augustine's stance in Confessions which argues that:

1) God created the world in infinite goodness
2) The fall (original sin) exerted a lack of goodness
3) The lack of goodness (evil) has expanded domain over earth

Basically, evil is not an entity - It's merely the absence of good.

As for your argument against my argument b), I would argue once again that your argument's inductive nature doesn't allow for an absolute answer. Since non-faith basically means a faith in science, and science cannot prove the beginning of time, atheism doesn't exist.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Cragster, you are a moron

/facepalm
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]