How do you get 550 skinning for bosses?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
525 + 2x +10 weapons (Only dual wield classes that can use swords) +5 from the enchant.

550 Skinning is possible for rogues and warriors of the Horde.

Actually all DWing classes can get 550. Finkles' Skinner gives +10 as well and isn't unique.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Any class that can dual-wield can skin Nef and Beth.

2x Zulian Slasher + Gloves enchant = 550 Skinning.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I love how hard everyone is QQing about not being able to skin this. Our hunter went out of his way to get the skinning knives and the enchant and do you know what he got? Two savage leather, and he only got one of those because his bountiful bags procced. If it was a guaranteed Pristine Hide I could understand, but there really isn't anything special about skinning these bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
07/25/2011 11:03 PMPosted by Aeidail
I love how hard everyone is QQing about not being able to skin this. Our hunter went out of his way to get the skinning knives and the enchant and do you know what he got? Two savage leather, and he only got one of those because his bountiful bags procced. If it was a guaranteed Pristine Hide I could understand, but there really isn't anything special about skinning these bosses.

Yeah, even if it was just a bunch of leather, like King Dred gives 10+ pieces.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
07/25/2011 11:03 PMPosted by Aeidail

This was going to be my question. I carry around a spare set of gloves and have skinned a few of the heroic bosses, but have only ever got savage leather and one dragon scale once, pretty much the same, if not worse than I get from a mob.

Do the bosses share the same loot table as everyone else when it comes to skinning?

And the other question, do other gathering professions have similar limitations? I've never seen a miner or a herber come across something that requires more than 525 skill.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
And the other question, do other gathering professions have similar limitations? I've never seen a miner or a herber come across something that requires more than 525 skill.

I think H. Ozruk requires the glove enchants, but beyond that I don't think so since there aren't any plant elemental bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
should just make a 2h wep called "hunter's scalpel" or something with +20 skinning to make everyone that cant dual wield happy... would fix threads like these i think
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Bumping threads like these six months after they died their natural death also does not fix them.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Necro'd LIKE A BOSS!

>.<
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
so anyone ever thought that you could just equip 2 finkle skinners so +5 for gatherer enchant and 2 Finkles and bam 550
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Indeed, 7 people so far in this nearly year old thread have said so. Or is that the joke?

Have you tried equipping two Finkle's Skinners? Seeing as your class, like more than half of the classes, can't. Or maybe that is also the joke.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
06/30/2011 09:23 AMPosted by Talshasa
if bliz wants then unskinnable, they should just make the unskinnable

that's kinda the point. Why make something skinnable to only a select few, of the right race, or right race/class combo with some random super rare drop. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Because you don't get anything special from skinning them. It's just the same scales as any other dragon, so who cares?

It's not like there's a Pristine Hide of the Beast you need to get from him.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
I skin them just to show off that I can - but you don't get anything special out of doing it. It's not like LK where you would get a bunch of leather or possibly an arctic fur from skinning a boss. They kind of fell short on the boss skin loot table this expansion.
Reply Quote
57 Orc Death Knight
It's just a challenge. There are a few things here and there in the game that are an extra challenge.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Haha I have a picture in my mind of someone goin through all the hassle to hit 550 only to find out he skins for ruined leather scraps or worn dragon scales. :P Seriously, are you guys gonna be that EMO about how one race/class combo can get a few extra points over another? That's the whole idea behind the variety of choices. Sigh.......
Edited by Savaas on 3/25/2012 12:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]