Fishing Bot?

90 Human Mage
While fishing for volatile fire in the Mount Hijal Lava pools, I came across a Horde pally fishing there too. Only he wasn't fishing in the pools, even though there was one right next to him (which I ended up fishing from)

After farming more pools, I found him again in the very same spot, so I logged onto my Horde alt and whispered to him that he'd get a 100% drop rate from the pools. No response from him.

Logged back onto this toon and pollymorphed him. he made no attempts to break the CC and when it was over, he just kept right on fishing. At this point I began to suspect something was up, so every time he cast, I interrupted it with an arcane blast. This went on for a good 10 minutes. He made no attempt to stop me or even move. All he did was continue to cast his line.

Could this have been a fishing bot??
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I've reported them for less. Yes, he would have been.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
That's just one determined fisherman... keeping his eyes on the prize.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
There is a fishing bot that's been out for years. It almost certainly sounds like a botter to me. I would probably just get on with my life if I saw it though.
Reply Quote
29 Goblin Warlock
05/20/2011 04:31 AMPosted by Siofra
shouldve farmed him for honor i mean what was he gonna do open a ticket for harassment?

Just an FYI, camping is a sanctioned Blizz activity.

It is what GMs do between service tickets.
Reply Quote
12 Human Mage
GEt a priest to mc them away from the spot to somewhere where they are ineffective and leave them there.
Reply Quote
shouldve farmed him for honor i mean what was he gonna do open a ticket for harassment?

"i was using a farming bot tool and this mage kept camping/ganking me ban them" lol

I did this when the honor-farming bots were running rampant. I already had a level 1 twink alt named Enovelle so I had a friend summon her to Moonglade, parked her there, and whenever I changed toons I'd log in to see if any bots were there, and farm the hunters (not the rezzers, since they just respawn - the hunters who had to run back to their bodies from the Horde graveyard).

It was pretty obvious when the person came back to the keys, too, since the bot would start acting like a very unskilled PvPer at that point instead of just eating daggers (at least they knew to kite and spin to shoot, since I was a rogue).

At one point, they even used a corpserun terrain-climbing exploit to get permanently out of melee range and we ended up having a level 1 rogue with a thrown weapon versus level 2 hunter with bow fight. Thanks to the fact that they were totally exposed and unable to LOS, I won that one too. I even added them all as friends so I'd know when they logged on.

I think I farmed the hunter bots enough to get about 20 or 30 honor before they gave up. A few Horde came by to help kill the ally rez-bots too, and generally went out of their way not to kill me (despite my being flagged from killing the bots and their being many levels higher than I was).

It might've been the best cross-faction cooperation I've ever seen in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This issue has been on-going for weeks. Post I made about it over a month ago: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2369881110

They are already IN the lava, Siofra. Doesn't do them any harm at all. They are also not with range/line of sight to cast spells on aside from Mind Vision so trying to MC them to someplace else wouldn't work.

They are under/inside the big complex there in the middle of the lava, in a location I and a friend of mine who tried were unable to access by any natural means. Plus, he and I weren't immune to lava like they are :/.

The ones I watched initially would periodically fly out from under the complex, and by fly I mean Superman-style, no mounts (they were level 5s anyway, can't have mounts), so fast if you blinked you might miss seeing it, then seconds later come flying back and resume fishing.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Mage
Definitely a bot. Blizzard doesn't ban them though, I've reported many of them... and they're all still fishing right now as I type this
Reply Quote
This issue has been on-going for weeks. Post I made about it over a month ago: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2369881110

They are already IN the lava, Siofra. Doesn't do them any harm at all. They are also not with range/line of sight to cast spells on aside from Mind Vision so trying to MC them to someplace else wouldn't work.

They are under/inside the big complex there in the middle of the lava, in a location I and a friend of mine who tried were unable to access by any natural means. Plus, he and I weren't immune to lava like they are :/.

The ones I watched initially would periodically fly out from under the complex, and by fly I mean Superman-style, no mounts (they were level 5s anyway, can't have mounts), so fast if you blinked you might miss seeing it, then seconds later come flying back and resume fishing.

You mean Blizzard hasn't managed to resolve their "out of bounds" or client-side discrepancies yet? Even after the floating warlock patrol in Stormwind and Orgrimmar?

Seriously? It's that hard to track down a user that has his or her character routinely leave the bounds defined by the game's terrain, or movement hack themselves into a position they should not be able to otherwise?

Color me skeptical.
Reply Quote
43 Goblin Priest
Sounds fishy.

... Gimme a break.. it's early. But yeah, I would report that player just to get his account on file for review.
Edited by Fractual on 5/20/2011 5:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]