What's the best way to make gold in game

(Locked)

85 Worgen Priest
Hello WoW players. I'm low on funds and can never seem to keep my gold up...what's the best way to make gold a lot of gold, really fast?
100 Dwarf Warrior
Double gathering professions and selling on the AH ores/herbs used for leveling professions.
Edited by Snooptrogg on 5/17/2011 2:18 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
Gathering professions are your best bet, I honestly find that farming lower level ore can be very profitable as there is still high demand but little to no competition. On my server at least, Thorium Bars are great, usually sell for 90g/stack. 15 min circle of Silithus nets me around 180 ore (1 ore = 1 bar). I'll let you do the math!

I've also noticed TBC herbs sell well, specifically Felweed and Terocone.
85 Worgen Priest
Gathering professions are your best bet, I honestly find that farming lower level ore can be very profitable as there is still high demand but little to no competition. On my server at least, Thorium Bars are great, usually sell for 90g/stack. 15 min circle of Silithus nets me around 180 ore (1 ore = 1 bar). I'll let you do the math!

See, but I'm a Tailor/Enchanter. Is there any other way to make a good amount of gold other than farming Volatile Fires???

See, but I'm a Tailor/Enchanter. Is there any other way to make a good amount of gold other than farming Volatile Fires???

Have you tried just sitting in trade with MAX ENCHANTING and having an enchant like landslide that's heavily wanted and ask for minor tips? I've seen people say something like "WTS [Enchant Weapon - Landslide] with your mats. 50g cost." So on. Sure this isn't the best. Tailoring and enchanting are mostly for self-benefits. You could also take a swing at tailoring by making the epic items and selling em at Auction House for profit.
90 Tauren Shaman

Try selling bags, cloth CDs (or the item it produces), and popular enchants, even low level enchants are useful because people are always leveling new characters.
85 Worgen Priest

Have you tried just sitting in trade with MAX ENCHANTING and having an enchant like landslide that's heavily wanted and ask for minor tips? I've seen people say something like "WTS [Enchant Weapon - Landslide] with your mats. 50g cost." So on. Sure this isn't the best. Tailoring and enchanting are mostly for self-benefits. You could also take a swing at tailoring by making the epic items and selling em at Auction House for profit.

Have also done this. But still you make just as much selling the volatiles needed to make the Dreamcloth...I only make about 2k a day...was looking for something around 5k
85 Draenei Priest
can usually make easily a couple hundred gold/day through daily quests and a couple of LFD runs...
100 Human Paladin

No alternate characters? =(

You can look up some lower level enchanting mats on the AH (to determine which would be most profitable), then farm the cloth in lower level dungeons to make some cloth pieces and shard them, sometimes even selling the cloth is more profitable (like Mageweave, Stratholme is god for mageweave).
8 Night Elf Druid
Roll and level alts. They pay for themselves and you get 2 more proffesion slots to work with. I have made 20k easy on each my alts, and they have all paid for all the flying perks. Don't buy those and roll in the bank.
Edited by Fayith on 5/17/2011 2:39 PM PDT
5 Human Rogue
Have also done this. But still you make just as much selling the volatiles needed to make the Dreamcloth...I only make about 2k a day...was looking for something around 5k

QQ
100 Human Paladin
05/17/2011 02:35 PMPosted by Xzhiled
Too bad you don't have access to a level 60+ miner, my Thorium farming (on my server) makes ~3500G/hr from the Thorium Bars alone, then add in selling all the gems. As someone suggested, it would be well-worth to level an alternate as it gives you 2 additional profession slots to work with.

Anyways, I hope you find the answer here to make more gold, my way works best for me since I'm on a TBC account so there may be better ways in Cata that I'm not completely aware of, but the ~3500G/hr sounds good from my point of view.
5 Human Rogue
05/17/2011 02:44 PMPosted by Dixi

QQ

There's nothing wrong with wanting to make more. 2k is very low for me too.

(T_T)
93 Dwarf Rogue
My priest at the start of Cataclysm had no money at all. I did just about all of the Cataclysm zone quests and ended up with about 8k with that character.
Edited by Stealthdwarf on 5/17/2011 2:56 PM PDT
76 Tauren Priest
Advertise in trade that you're willing to use your premium cross server realid group invite to invite their friends to group with you off server.

Collect their payment in gold.

Run the dungeon

Profit.
Edited by Sweetbeef on 5/17/2011 2:53 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Hunter
05/17/2011 02:17 PMPosted by Snooptrogg
Double gathering professions and selling on the AH ores/herbs used for leveling professions.

This.

Specifically: do mining/herbalism, sell everything.

The crafting profs will make more gold/hour, but they require lots of cash to level up, so starting with double gathering is a good strategy.
80 Worgen Druid
Having many alts with all professions help, but if not doing dailies is the way to along with your 2 professions. Doing all 25 dailies nets you about 400g+ plus all the greys/greens (if you don't wanna DE), having all professions and doing all dailies on more then 1 lvl 85 toon will sure boost up your bank.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]