This character is locked.

85 Goblin Mage
Hi, I was just trying to switch servers with this toon, and it says my character is Locked, I don't know why, could I get some help please?

When I try to login it says "You cannot log in until the character update processyou recently initaited is complete."
Edited by Jnerkin on 5/17/2011 3:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Do you have any auctions currently active or incoming mail?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Nope, it actually says My character is locked, I had no auctions or mail, or incoming mail.
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Rogue
Can you check your transactions page and see if there is anything currently listed as "pendin"?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
All it is asking is for me to finalize the payment on the character, which I can't because it's locked for a reason unkown to me.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
I would really like a blue to help me please, I'm freaking out here.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
On the list for characters to transfer it says I'm pending, but when i check "History/Status" it's asking me to finalize the payment, but when I try and do that, it says to contanct customer support, which is what I'm TRYING to do, but I can't seem to get help...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Call Billing.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Waiting for a representitive....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
if it says to contact someone, its most likely billing. other than seeing the ststus, there is often not alot the guys here can do. especialy if its a payment issue in any form, you would HAVE to talk to billing
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Again, I'm in queue to talk to someone...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Ok, on the phone now with this really awesome lady, problem is on their end, so *wipes sweat away*
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
yeah... im getting the same"character is locked" thing. so did they tell you just to wait awhile while they fix it or what?
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Your character is locked due to a pending character transfer, Deathhulk.

Did you not initiate one?

For future reference, it's best to create a new thread if you need assistance. As you can see this thread is a couple weeks old. =)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
mines locked cause i left the web pageup and my little brother cancled it i didnt want it cancled so when i went back in to redo it, it says im locked anyway to get it done now.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
06/09/2012 10:39 AMPosted by Dethis
mines locked cause i left the web pageup and my little brother cancled it i didnt want it cancled so when i went back in to redo it, it says im locked anyway to get it done now.

This is quite new, looks like it's still processing.

It's completely normal for a character to be locked if there is a process underway.
Reply Quote
ok but if i could could i also get a faction change on the toon i wanted both and i did one to see if that was the problem.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
06/09/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Dethis
ok but if i could could i also get a faction change on the toon i wanted both and i did one to see if that was the problem.

You'll just need to wait till this first process finishes, then request the other portion.

While there is now a combined faction/realm transfer option - there is no difference in the price, or in the process time really.
Reply Quote
the transfer is pending now, i take it i have to wait before i can fraction chage as well?
Reply Quote
ok tu for the help i thought my card messed up lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]