Explosive shot stackable for LnL

70 Night Elf Hunter
How do you guys feel for Explosive shot being a stackable skill? mainly for LnL?

I just see it'll be be better instead of waiting a second before doing the next explosive shot, or waist a arcane shot on a godly proc
Reply Quote
Maybe as a tier bonus or something, it would do an insane amount of burst.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
You can get in a Kill Command if you have enough focus, or kill shot if the mob is below 10%, or a cobra shot if you are low on focus.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Hunter
05/17/2011 05:20 PMPosted by Erundar
You can get in a Kill Command if you have enough focus, or kill shot if the mob is below 10%, or a cobra shot if you are low on focus.

Yea thats what i normally do, if enough focus i KC if not just a cobra, But i was just thinking how awesome itll be if it could stack
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Warrior
Stacking, no. Extending, yes.

If you used three explosive shots, the whole duration would last 6 seconds DoT wise.

But you hit them with 3 instant explosive damage thingy I believe. I think.

But not stacking. That'd be quite powerful.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
this would simplify the survival rotation to near brain-dead levels

having to react a bit in order to not clip, eat a charge with arcane, or cap focus requires a small amount of alertness that should probably remain in the spec
Reply Quote
If you haven't noticed almost all classes are near brain dead due to the simplifying of all class trees. I have a 8 level 85s and 2 at 70 and 75. One of each class. Each class is retardedly easy to output the damage. But check this. NONE of them have an ability that is COMPLETELY WASTED if popped during it's OWN PROC. An exception is combustion for fire mages. But that's one button 2 minute cooldown meant for intense damage. Having explosive shot stack or have lock and load simply increase the dmg of your next explosive shot or (as Snogirl said) increase the duration of the debuff seems more optimal than simply wasting a good ability. Less global cooldowns. Less time management. Much more fluid. Much less stress.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
sorry i didn't notice

to be fair, it's pretty hard to be careless to the extent that you would "completely waste" lock and load. if that is even a mild concern, then you're probably not paying attention, and do not care about the EXTENT to which you "output the damage"

so yes, retardedly easy as you say

i am simply saying that the need to react to lock and load -in terms of your rotation- rewards a person who is not asleep, and this is why a lot of people play. to feel like they can always do a bit better, to improve, and to do better the next time out. it's almost the entire reason why this game is a commercial success.

can you seriously imagine what your average fight would be like if, when lock and load procs, you just spam explosive shot? the explosive shot button lights up and you mash it. you have a looong cooldown on black arrow to worry about, and serpent sting takes care of itsself. when the hp is low, you get another button to use on cooldown.

it is easy to output damage as any spec, you're right. to output good damage often requires some sort of brain activity, and changing lnl would remove this from the equation. this is true for every spec in the game. this is true with 31pt talent trees.

i understand wanting to play a videogame to relax and have fun. but this wouldn't even be engaging. it's a horrendous idea.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
The way you reply to certain things I mentioned are quite annoying. If you were marksman and aimed shot procced 3 times in a few seconds what would you do? You would use it. If you were a warlock and your pet procced soul fire 3 times what would you do? Use it. If your fire spec procced what is it? Ignite and your pyroblast became instant 3 times what would you do? USE IT! NOW STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS YOU CLEARLY DONT UNDERSTAND!

You're only acting like a hunter who is "SNUG" with the way they play and the damage they do in raids. You really aren't trying to look at any other perspective other than your own. It's very agitating. You missed the part where I mentioned much more fluid. Less stress. Not to mention they could always NERF THE DAMAGE but add the stacking effect. You really have no idea how to critique do you?

As a person with 8 85s and 2 other chars 70+ one of each class each class I play is very easy. The hunter survival spec was the only spec I found to be WASTING IT'S OWN TALENT. You really didn't read that part either. Please don't bother commenting again. I want constructive criticism not blind attacks from someone who is content. Some people found explosive shots wasted potential a little too excessive. Others agreed. But you just want to tell them they are bad for not liking how the spec works. This forum is here for such thoughts.

A horrendous idea? It's simply an idea. I think many will agree when coupled with the "I don't want to accidentally waste a lock and load proc by using it too early or too late" or any of the possible scenarios. Like i said before. It's very possible to waste a good proc where most other classes have no wasted procs. If you can think of one tell me? If not please leave this forum so others can discuss how they would like Lock and Load to improve so they can smooth the game play of their survival spec.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Gear down, big rig

You might have spread yourself too thin with 8 level 85's. This may be why you are so irritable and looking to make things brain-dead easy to resemble the questing experience.

Did you also notice that hunters are the only class with a minimum range? Oh god give survival a self-heal too. I can't get "snug" without a self-heal.

Somewhere in the process of leveling all these characters, one would expect you to learn that each class has its own quirks. Give hunters mana back! And no, I would probably fire a chim shot somewhere in there to spend focus or extend my sting if that happened with aimed shot!, but I don't play that spec often.

Fact is, lock and load in its current state is the only thing that requires alertness in the survival spec. The functionality you are suggesting would remove that, and that is why, yes, it is a horrendous idea.

I wasn't attacking you in my first post. I was criticizing a truly bad idea. That is part of this "discussion" that you're talking about. How any of this has been a "blind attack" is completely beyond me. That isn't a go-to term for use when you find people disagreeing with you.
Edited by Golabki on 5/18/2011 7:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
You clearly don't know who you are talking to. Calmly trying to infuriate someone with passive remarks is acting like an intellectual child. I'm not interested in what you can call me. I'm talking to your lack of understanding. I leveled characters so I could get a grasp of how each on plays and flows. All are very easy to play and I can tell anyone a their rotation based on the spec/class they play because of it. There are only a few specs I never tried to master. posting them is irrelevant.

I am well aware of the minimal range. I guess you didn't notice you have a pet as well. That has nothing to do with Lock and Load. Your self heal is irrelevant. It has nothing to do with Lock and Load. I do miss hunter mana as well but it is IRRELEVANT to this conversation. You clearly aren't understanding. ALERTNESS and WASTED ABILITY are two completely different things. I guess you missed the part where i said

05/17/2011 10:06 PMPosted by Likeaflower
I have a 8 level 85s and 2 at 70 and 75. One of each class. Each class is retardedly easy to output the damage. But check this. NONE of them have an ability that is COMPLETELY WASTED if popped during it's OWN PROC. An exception is combustion for fire mages. But that's one button 2 minute cooldown meant for intense damage. Having explosive shot stack or have lock and load simply increase the dmg of your next explosive shot or (as Snogirl said) increase the duration of the debuff seems more optimal than simply wasting a good ability. Less global cooldowns. Less time management. Much more fluid. Much less stress.

05/17/2011 11:39 PMPosted by Fest
f you were marksman and aimed shot procced 3 times in a few seconds what would you do? You would use it. If you were a warlock and your pet procced soul fire 3 times what would you do? Use it. If your fire spec procced what is it? Ignite and your pyroblast became instant 3 times what would you do? USE IT!

I think a horrendous idea is sitting around agreeing with someone who likes to waste potential. Lock and Load is a proc that is clearly wasted if used too soon. What part of that are you not understanding?

05/18/2011 07:39 AMPosted by Golabki
Fact is, lock and load in its current state is the only thing that requires alertness in the survival spec

Is such a joke. It's not alertness. Alertness is keeping your rotation up, staying out of fire, kiting warriors, and line of sitting warlocks. Again if you didn't catch that. WASTED POTENTIAL. Let it bounce around your head a bit before you comment. If they changed it and made it easier you probably wouldn't be complaining and would be happy about the dps increase as well. "waaah they made my class easier to play and it's so smooth and i don't have to worry about wasting any dps by accidentally stacking a spell that won't stack waaaah" get over it. You aren't bringing up any valid points to this conversation. Alertness isn't considered one in my book. Just an arrogant statement from someone who likes how they play and is not willing to give rise to others who see wasted potential as a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
hahahaha oh, brother
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
05/18/2011 10:56 AMPosted by Fest
You clearly don't know who you are talking to.
Just to be upfront, I am not a female troll. I just play one in this video game. Also, my name is not Kaya... I drive a VW not a raptor... I know I am a fraud what can I say?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
05/18/2011 11:16 AMPosted by Kaya
I am not a female troll.

You indeed are a troll. Now you are just lying to people. You do not offer constructive criticism or ideas. Simply wasting a person's time thinking it's amusing. How childish.
Reply Quote
82 Orc Hunter
This is a bad idea.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
05/19/2011 11:01 AMPosted by Fest
You indeed are a troll. Now you are just lying to people. You do not offer constructive criticism or ideas. Simply wasting a person's time thinking it's amusing. How childish.
I just pointed out how absolutely ridiculous a statement that was, but now I went back and actually read your post. You need to get someone to up your meds man.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
05/17/2011 10:06 PMPosted by Likeaflower
I have a 8 level 85s and 2 at 70 and 75. One of each class.

I didn't know leveling was so tough bro. teach me how 2 b gud.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]