BM vs MM PvP

85 Goblin Hunter
I am a BM hunter. I only pvp on this toon and I find BM the easiest and best spec to play in PvP. Most people say MM is the best but I've played both and BM is better then MM IMO. With BM just gte a spirit beast then you get good damage and a heal up to 5x better then the chimera shot heal. Kill command for me crits around 25k along with my arcane shot crits I own in BGs. BM is beast if you have a good knowlege of it and if you have a good rotation. What are your thoughts on this?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
I agree.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
I use both depending on the map. If its a larger BG i use MM. if its a smaller one i use MM. Or just depends on what mood im in.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I tried BM and I suck at it. I think it's because I don't understand how kill command is even useful.

And because the healing from my spirit beast doesn't seem as good as an extra deterrence. In bg's when i'm getting focused by 5 guys (which happens more than I want to acknowledge), I can't survive with BM. I can survive with MM though.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I'm sorry but to the above poster....If you have 5 guys on you and you survive and 5 people that was focasing on you have to be the worst PVP'ers I have ever heard of.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
05/19/2011 08:35 AMPosted by Kolbal
I'm sorry but to the above poster....If you have 5 guys on you and you survive and 5 people that was focasing on you have to be the worst PVP'ers I have ever heard of.

Deterrence, trap farm, readiness, deterrence... usually buys enough time for the team to save you when you get focused.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
I tried BM and I suck at it. I think it's because I don't understand how kill command is even useful.

And because the healing from my spirit beast doesn't seem as good as an extra deterrence. In bg's when i'm getting focused by 5 guys (which happens more than I want to acknowledge), I can't survive with BM. I can survive with MM though.

Kill command doesn't require los and lets you keep up damage behind the pillar/crypt/whatever whether you're losing them or they're los'ing you.

It's a nice chunk hit you can inflict from outside your own limited range on a shorter CD than Chimera.

I'm not a big fan of spirit beasts in arenas though. I much prefer the shale spider.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Yeah but he never said he had Help...Hell I can last long enough if my whole freaking team shows up to help
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
And you can't pop Deterrance or Readiness if u are Stun Locked or Hammer of Justice.So like I said the 5 people has to be idiots at PVP
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
05/19/2011 08:49 AMPosted by Kolbal
Yeah but he never said he had Help...Hell I can last long enough if my whole freaking team shows up to help

BM you only have 5 seconds for the team to help. MM extends it to at least 10 for you to either get to them or they to you. The margin for error to save your butt is just a lot larger.

This is all providing deterrence even works like it should.

Seems to be a bug happening right now where sometimes you hit deterrence and you get the graphic and it goes on cooldown. However, you don't actually get the effect and die anyway.

Reading my combat logs, the effect never shows that you've gained it. You get killed and yet it does show that the effect disappears along with everything else when you die.
Edited by Mayax on 5/19/2011 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
05/19/2011 08:54 AMPosted by Kolbal
And you can't pop Deterrance or Readiness if u are Stun Locked or Hammer of Justice.So like I said the 5 people has to be idiots at PVP

When it happens, it's almost always preceded with a stun. Trinket/deterrence/readiness/yada yada chain.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
A good BM hunter will always beat a mm hunter, face me you'll see. I do arena and bgs as BM, sometimes in bgs i get wsp of others hunters asking me how I got my gear, or other classes telling me "do you know mm is better", my answer is at the final of this bgs you'll see the outcome. I'll do 3 times your damage and 3 times more kills than you and probably I won't die at all. Then I get wsp of level 1 telling me "wow you are impressive" my answer is "I'm the BM master" When i do duels i just tell the other people " just accept it BM is the dueling king", sometimes they say "bm just have 10 sec burst damage", my answer is you are a frost dk and i still do more healing than you, i beat you and i still have 80% health left. Surv needs some love for pvp and pve.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
BM and MM both are their strength and weaknesses. Right now I prefer BM because of it's high burst with Bestial Wrath and LOVE Kill Command when my target is trying to LoS me but I still hit him/her with high damage. I also felt it was easier to go into PVP as BM and be successful. Having the spirit mend macro'd is an awesome HoT. It heals me for 1/3 of my life.

MM definitely has more control and defensive mechanics thanks to the handy Readiness "reset" talent. The silence is also a nice addition.

I honestly don't have a lot of arena experience but notice if I'm playing with another dps in 2v2, I have more success with BM and bursting someone down quickly. I want to try MM though with my new healing partner. I've ran into several matches where I wish I had that silence as another tool to use.

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I agree with Ironrain... That somthing that does make the Class we love.. better... Specs for personal style of play that works for the person.. and not the person having to work the spec..

that said.. Each spec has its Pros and Cons... in Melees.. where people like to close on you i find BM best... reminds me of level 70.. Against Casters theres nothing like a well timed silenceing shot... ive finished off many smug healers.. that took 3-4 people to down.. But dam if BIG RED KITTY isnt fun to unleash on somone... (Bring back 18 sec of awesome!!)

Ive yet to try out Survival in pvp tho.. still having too much fun as MM and BM in PVP...

But Generaly choose the spec you enjoy... Most classes only have 1 spec that works in PVP..

So feel fortunate
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]