Horde symbol

70 Tauren Druid
where does the idea for the Horde symbol come from in lore. is it from Azhara?
if so how did the old horde got it before stepping on Azeroth?
is there an explanation for this?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Azshara didn't always look like that. The Bilgewater goblins reshaped it after they joined the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
To me it always looked like a bloody hoof print >.>
Reply Quote
71 Goblin Hunter
It's an orcish glyph, they had letters and blood texts apparently.

... Y'know I'm wondering if Orc blood makes good ink or something now.
Reply Quote
Judging from some of the banners in the Bonechewer Ruins in Terokkar Forest, I think it's based off a wolf's paw print. Obviously it's stylized, but on those older banners you can kinda make out toes and a main pad.

It may also be an orcish rune.
Reply Quote
A variation of the symbol seems to have been around for a long time, as the mag'har use a variation of it, and the model files call their architecture "ancient orc". Though it may have been painted on things later, and model files are not lore.

Non-lore-wise, it may have originally been a very stylized H (like the Alliance L), as it was much more square at first, but that is pushing it. It may just be a badass rune.

http://www.wowpedia.org/images/3/37/Gryphonrider.JPG
Edited by Frandar on 5/19/2011 8:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It has alot of varriations, if you look around azeroth and Outland you can find at least a dozen
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
The new banner came from the Frozen Throne bonus campaign "Old Hatreds". The origins are unclear from there.
Reply Quote
It's a toilet seat.

Hey-o!
Reply Quote
its probobly some rune in orcish or something like that, that has a significance as a unifying symbole.

note: avoid breaking any bones in your hands... it makes typeing harder than killing a frost mage as a warrior.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Haven't you seen the guild mount?

It's clearly a scorpion.
Reply Quote
05/19/2011 09:56 PMPosted by Mustrum
note: avoid breaking any bones in your hands... it makes typeing harder than killing a frost mage as a warrior.

My condolences.

thank you, ive been typeing like my dad for over a week now. full on one hand, and indext finger on the other
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Like Rocketfeller said, the Horde have their own literacy system. It's probably in the same way that Lordaeron's symbol is a big stylized L.

Just because the Horde had a warrior-culture and were largely hunters before the horde formed doesn't mean they weren't a relatively advanced culture, by Warcraft's standards.

The only thing really separating the Orcs from the humans was a lacking knowledge of Arcane magic and architecture.

And looking at Orc buildings, I'd say they sure as hell caught up on Architecture. And now they have mages too. I don't think, so far as civilization advancement goes, there are any differences between Orcs and Humans.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]