Turn off text

(Locked)

28 Worgen Warlock
Is there a way to turn off the damage numbers over the pet nameplate? On my hunter its been extremely annoying not being able to see my pets health because the numbers are covering the picture and half of the health bar.
85 Night Elf Druid
ESC > Interface > Floating Combat Text > Disable the pet's damage from showing
28 Worgen Warlock
I have all the floating combat text turned off already. Someone in my guild said to try that and it does not work, the text is still there. I'm not using any unit frame addons either.
85 Night Elf Druid
05/23/2011 05:37 PMPosted by Wayhald
I have all the floating combat text turned off already. Someone in my guild said to try that and it does not work, the text is still there. I'm not using any unit frame addons either.

Nameplates are the floating health bars above mobs and NPCs. They move as their owners move. Are you talking about the fixed unit frame that's under your own portrait in the upper left instead?
28 Worgen Warlock
Yes, the fixed unit frame.
90 Tauren Paladin
Pretty sure you're using some kind of addon if you're seeing it there
28 Worgen Warlock
All addons are off and i'm still seeing combat text over my pets unit frame.
85 Night Elf Druid
The only thing I can think of that would possibly hide that would be ESC > Interface > Status Text > Disable status text on the pet bar. As far as I know that only disables values for health/mana/focus/etc and not incoming damage. By default I believe the default UI shows damage/healing on unit frames.

Then again I haven't actually -seen- the default unit frames in over three years.
90 Tauren Warrior
05/23/2011 05:56 PMPosted by Icedragon
Then again I haven't actually -seen- the default unit frames in over three years.

When I came back to the game just before Cata, I had no addons, and I think outbound/inbound damage was showing up on the unit frames by default.
90 Worgen Warlock
I am having this issue as well... it is not due to addons... it is very cumbersome as I need to see total health before life-tapping and need to see minions health to know if i need to health funnel or not. I can't seem to get it to hide.... help?
90 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Misericord
I am having this issue as well... it is not due to addons... it is very cumbersome as I need to see total health before life-tapping and need to see minions health to know if i need to health funnel or not. I can't seem to get it to hide.... help?

New question, new player = make a new thread every time. This one is from well over a year ago and didn't need to be drudged up again.

Specifying what "it" is when asking would help. Are you talking about nameplates or unit frames? Which numbers or text? What values are in the way? A screenshot would help as well when you make a new thread.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]