New Raid system...no

05/24/2011 08:03 PMPosted by Kurnea
I just have a hard time accepting that what I and my guild worked hard for will be 20% easier in as little as a month

Did you have an equally hard time accepting this with previous exclusive titles and mounts? I would think it would become easier to accept over time.

Not really. I still think it's a shame to leave them in the game.
90 Orc Hunter
I was about to say something, but Neth put it best.

I'll say it anyway. A systems administrator once gave me a bit of good advice: unless you're God, bring data.

Blizzard has data. Really. They have like, all of it... they know what people are doing and not doing. They can tell where people are getting hung up. This is their plan to fix that.

I'm not saying Blizzard makes all the right decisions, or informed decisions, because some data just doesn't exist. Look at the premium Real-ID thing they just trotted out. Not a good idea. But for the raid thing, I have a little more faith in them...
85 Human Mage
05/24/2011 07:56 PMPosted by Ologhai
This is pathetic! All this will do is produce is a bunch of entitles scrubs w/ 359 gear who will think they are better than they actually are. Then, when they jump into firelands with gear they did not earn, they will wipe continuously because they never learned to play and demand more nerfs until we get the snooze fest that was wotlk.

as a representative of the scrubs I will make you this promise. I promise that a) we will always be aware that we suck and b) we promise not to call for t12 nerfs until t13 in on the ptr. till then we will get our mains through t11, fail on some t12, then start working our alts through t11.

85 Tauren Druid
05/24/2011 07:40 PMPosted by Brohk
Any plans to keep the Title and Mount in the game? If so, that's one hell of a "slap in the face!" to everyone who did it before you gutted the place.

Ulduar would like to have a word with you. But yeah, old content is old, big deal if it's getting nerfed.
58 Dwarf Death Knight
05/24/2011 07:27 PMPosted by Bashiok
Blizzard, you do how little people post on the forums yes? how about doing some in game polls to really see what people want, and not what the idiots on the forums want

You want them to not be nerfed, you're on the forums...

Just saying.

By looking at actual stats, actual progression, time spent playing, where, and to what extent, we can see that most people are looking for more accessible raid content, so yes, we absolutely are able to tell without a doubt that the plan we're enacting is actually what players playing the game want and need, and are not just listening to people on the forums.

Awesome Awesome Move BLizz...i just re-subbed and thoroughly approve.
66 Gnome Warrior
Blizzard, you do how little people post on the forums yes? how about doing some in game polls to really see what people want, and not what the idiots on the forums want

Just saying.

By looking at actual stats, actual progression, time spent playing, where, and to what extent, we can see that most people are looking for more accessible raid content, so yes, we absolutely are able to tell without a doubt that the plan we're enacting is actually what players playing the game want and need, and are not just listening to people on the forums.

Thank you Bash, that's all that most of us are asking for. =D
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
the real problem is the current mentality of some raiders.

Their inner mantra is: "Ok, I got the item, I killed the boss, and I finished the raid dungeon, now as long as ONLY A SMALL AMOUNT of people do the same I'm happy, if by any reason tons of people manage to do what I just did, I'm angry"

simple as that, they had their fun, and only care that nobody else manages to acomplish what they did.

Its a dumb mentality, if its bragging rights they want, achievements have dates on them, they can brag about how they killed the bosses when they were hard, if its gear they wanna brag about, they will allways have the new hot gear while its BiS while the others will have outdated gaer.

I mean really, did these hot-shots got angry when in 3.3.5 they had their ICC25heroic gear and saw a bunch of newbs with naxx25 gear? I don't think so, why? because by then, naxx was obsolete, its gear was garbage, unfit to wipe your butt with.

Same story here, BoT, BWD, Throne, all of these raids will be obsolete, their gear unimportant on later tiers, so WHY THE HELL do they care so much that others are getting it? they got it first, that's what should matter.

jeez
86 Worgen Warlock
You really shouldn't be posting this from an alt. You are basically implying that you need the easier content (hence the reason you are ashamed to post on your main) and at the same time arguing against them. Don't you see how idiotic that is?
- World of Warcraft
90 Human Paladin
05/24/2011 07:31 PMPosted by Bashiok
CRAAAAWLING IIIIIIN MYYYYY SKIIIIIIIIN

Dang it Bashiok! You went and got that song stuck in my head.

85 Worgen Hunter

Just saying.

I love you.

Been waiting a long time for this! Now I can start having fun in raids again =) =) =)
85 Human Death Knight
Yeah, Blizz leaving ICC/Ulduar Mounts/Titles in the game ect made all the work I did in Wrath completely obsolete, kinda makes me sad.
90 Orc Warrior
ten

Well said.

/thread
/topic
85 Goblin Warlock
Blizz is care bear
85 Goblin Rogue
05/24/2011 07:51 PMPosted by Brohk
It's a good thing it's not. I just have a hard time accepting that what I and my guild worked hard for will be 20% easier in as little as a month - and that doesn't count the fast that people will outgear it as well. To me, it's a way of saying "Well, we are glad you worked hard and earned that title and mount, but now it's time for everyone to have it so we're going to make it easier for them."

There will likely be a new title/mount to be had in the next tier. So, much like you can strut around and feel superior right now for your normal mode title and mount, you will soon be able to strut around and feel superior with another new title and mount, while looking down your nose at people sporting what you're using now!

The first people to cross the US mapped it. Why? So someone could come behind them and build roads. The government didn't "nerf exploration," they opened up the continent to the rest of the populace.
85 Goblin Shaman
It's a good thing it's not. I just have a hard time accepting that what I and my guild worked hard for will be 20% easier in as little as a month - and that doesn't count the fast that people will outgear it as well. To me, it's a way of saying "Well, we are glad you worked hard and earned that title and mount, but now it's time for everyone to have it so we're going to make it easier for them."

Now it will be time for you and your guild to progress into firelands, which will be giving out a lot of new shinies for you to drool over. The casual/noob masses will always be a step behind your super skilled ass.
85 Draenei Paladin

I'm not sure if I follow.

If your enjoyment of the title and mount doesn't ride (pun intended) on their exclusivity, then what does it matter if other players have them?

I'm not saying Blizzard makes all the right decisions, or informed decisions, because some data just doesn't exist. Look at the premium Real-ID thing they just trotted out. Not a good idea.

It was really hard to resist the temptation to ask about it since Bashiok seems to be active in this thread, but if I'm not the first person to bring it up...

Is there a chance we'll have an official response to the community's reaction from Blizzard about this service before the end of the month? In my case, it's time sensitive.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]