Ask The Devs #8 - Firelands (Answers)

90 Night Elf Hunter
Did you notice you forgot to put the archive links on this one? I was gonna look what the #7 was from here but...
Edited by Yechnagoth on 5/28/2011 6:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I guess for me the best way to sum on this Ask the Devs scenario is disappointing.

It's not that i didn't like the Question and answers all was good. I just felt that after each question i kept getting sadder and sadder
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
05/25/2011 10:11 AMPosted by Kaivax
To use just one example, the Sons of Flame on Ragnaros tend to be better handled by melee than ranged.
I started watching videos today of Ragnaros on the PTR with this assumption in mind.

I was quickly disillusioned. -.-

// edit //

Although to be fair, having seen more of the fight, I'm not longer peeved that I can't DPS living meteors.
Edited by Verelyse on 5/28/2011 7:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
i guess neptulon is dead then..he was eaten by a kraken..uh...yea dissapointed 4.2 is going to be boring pretty quick i feel
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
We’ve decided for now that the Vashj’ir quest line along with the Throne of the Tides dungeon does a pretty good job of finishing the Neptulon story.

So having Neptulon sucked up by a really big octopus thing and having it escape finishs the Neptulon story?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
We’ve decided for now that the Vashj’ir quest line along with the Throne of the Tides dungeon does a pretty good job of finishing the Neptulon story.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Okay, I can understand the storyline for Vashj’ir being completed with the Abyssal Maw dungeon, but how about a few dailies? By the time 4.2 comes out, there should be dailies in all of the other Cata realms. Why not some cool undersea dailies? It's far and away the best looking realm in the expansion and sometimes just fun to swim around in....
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
Q: A majority of the fights in T11 favored having little or no Melee DPS. Are there plans to fix this? – Merissa (NA), Espiritu (NA)

We view this more of a class problem than an encounter problem.

Nowadays, melee classes don’t really take that much extra damage

Is anyone playing the same game i am?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
: Is Ragnaros gonna have a speech about setbacks? – Gerox (NA)

A: TOO SOON, GEROX!

I lol'd

XD
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Anyone else Lol @ the Too SOON answer?
...no.... god I've been running MC way too much recently for mah legendary's.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
is it just me or do use all over look the two words before (that the Vashj’ir quest line along with the Throne of the Tides dungeon does a pretty good job of finishing the Neptulon story.)

you know where it says for now
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
*reads the comments* Hmmm... Given almost every other comment is about Abyssal Maw or the Melee is being overshadowed by Range topic (which I wholeheartedly agree on, but really I think they get by this point that Neptulon getting abducted isn't a good closer, you guys are just getting redundant with it), I think I'll post something NEW.

THANK YOU Blizzard for NOT using more vehicle mechanics in the upcoming raid. To be completely honest I used to have a distaste for Oculus and Eye of Eternity because people just didn't seem to get how the rotations of the different drakes worked. For a while there I'd watch it break even strong-nit groups apart. Even Flame Leviathan was a disaster if people didn't know what their vehicle's role was. For questing, sure, it can be fun and refreshing to jump in a vehicle and destroy things for a bit. In dungeons, however, (at least in my opinion) vehicles just have no place.

To everyone else, I SEE and RESPECT your points, but you're being a little harsh considering you have absolutely no sight into the Blizzard development office. You don't know their situation so don't act like you do. I'm sure most of us WoW players don't like the stereotype that EVERY person who plays WoW has no life. I'm sure in that regard Blizzard also doesn't it like when, just because the content doesn't meet your standards, you accuse them of being "lazy". Jumping to conclusions is a fail way to go about things.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]