Attention Farstriders - Q&A

85 Night Elf Druid
Farstriders is dead last in progression. Many of us in Aegis, and I'm sure other guilds like HaE, get whispered daily by various people for advice about talent trees, raiding, pvp or other topics. For these reasons, we have decided to open our forums to the entire community to discuss topics related to World of Warcraft.

Please go to http://www.aegis-domain.com and post any questions you may have in the QA forum in the Non-Member's section. You may post as a guest if you wish to remain anonymous. This is not being done because we think we're better than anyone or any other sort of elitist non-sense. We genuinely want to help the community as a whole. Please don't be shy. Help spread the word if you know people who might make use of this.

We also totally invite our Horde friends to post as well.

If you plan to register on our forums please make sure you put "Aegis" after your account name. So for example, register as ArhundelAegis. Thank you.

If you have any suggestions about how this feature could be improved please feel free to get in touch with me.
Edited by Arhundel on 5/24/2011 8:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
TankSpot (tankspot.com)
TankSpot is the premiere source of raiding guides and other World of Warcraft related content. Our community and news covers everyone from tanks, healers, and damage dealers to casual players, raiders, and guild leaders and officers.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Dewber,

Hello Farstriders alt?

There are obviously plenty of sources out there for people to research. (Many better/worse than TankSpot.)

We think that the people who post will receive a more informative answer to their question than simply going and reading something. This isn't to say that the information elsewhere isn't accurate or valuable. As I stated, we constantly have people whisper us in-game with questions. If these other resources were so great, we don't think they'd have to ask us so much. It's entirely possible no one uses our website as well.

We just want to do what we can to help the server as a whole. I mean if nothing else if you were looking for help with some achievement, at least myself personally, I'd probably be willing to heal your run if you posted.
Edited by Arhundel on 5/24/2011 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Bump! I will be making a thread on Heaven and Earth forums as well as the Farstriders forums. We need to help out the people of Farstriders that want help so that we can progress as a server!

Edit: For those who wish to check out the Heaven and Earth forums as well you can find it at; http://haefarstriders.com/
Edited by Haestings on 5/24/2011 4:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
TankSpot (tankspot.com)
TankSpot is the premiere source of raiding guides and other World of Warcraft related content. Our community and news covers everyone from tanks, healers, and damage dealers to casual players, raiders, and guild leaders and officers.

People know this is out there. What Aegis is doing is providing a meaningful way for local players to interact with other local players without necessarily running up against some of the obstacles that the official realm forums can present in keeping good discussions going.

I think it's a great idea and I hope you can do some good community building, Arhundel.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
What Aegis is doing is providing a meaningful way for local players to interact with other local players

Well said Wichasha.
Edited by Arhundel on 5/25/2011 8:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
This is a very nice initiative. :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
LOVE this!

Although our large and boisterous group of ass-hats generally know their toons quite well the fact is any bit of information, large or small, you might be able to add without us having to hear how bad we are and how we should all just delete our game and quit will be welcome indeed.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Absolutely.

And again, you can post anonymously if you are uncomfortable with asking your question publicly.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You mean, you're actually going to HELP people?

For free?

That's a novelty.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
You mean, you're actually going to HELP people?

For free?

That's a novelty.

That's Farstriders.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
We are "The best kind of person" Contrary to those guys. *cough sarcasm cough*
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
WTB people on Hordeside doing this too.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
There's no reason horde players can't visit our forums. Anyone is welcome. All you do is create an account (can be any name...anonymity is an option) and post in the Q&A section. This isn't an "Aegis helps you" forum...it's more of a universal discussion board where everyone can contribute. Too often are forum threads derailed by trolls and then deleted. By promoting discussion on our forums it allows us to weed out the trolls and leave the thread up.

We encourage people to start forums discussing class mechanics, group composition, fight mechanics, achievement advice and much more. In fact if you want to create a thread lending personal insight, even if it contains no question, that's fine.

We in Aegis just wanted to provide a free forum to promote discussion that would help our server stop being bottom of the barrel. Please don't view this as a magnanimous endeavor, I assure you it is nothing of the sort.

Sin
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
05/30/2011 02:53 PMPosted by Sinsallad
Please don't view this as a magnanimous endeavor, I assure you it is nothing of the sort.

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright? None I say! Let us take what is ours, chew and eat our fill.

* CEO Sinsallad "Nwabudike" Morgan "The Ethics of Greed"
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Evidently Sin didn't get the memo...

You DO NOT need to register to post a question. You may post as a guest.

(You can register if you like though and post in the other non-member areas...)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Bump!!
I used it, it worked. We were hitting a wall on Cho'gall. I asked for a bit of help. Help was generously offered. Last night Cho'gall died!!

Thanks to everyone involved!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Bump!!
I used it, it worked. We were hitting a wall on Cho'gall. I asked for a bit of help. Help was generously offered. Last night Cho'gall died!!

Thanks to everyone involved!!

Congrats!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]