Raid Updates for 4.2

Community Manager
With the upcoming content patch, 10- and 25-person Normal mode raid encounters will be receiving a comprehensive set of tuning adjustments to decrease their difficulty.

These changes will allow players, groups, and guilds who have yet to experience the content in Blackwing Descent, Bastion of Twilight, and Throne of the the Four Winds an opportunity to do so.

With the addition of a new tier of armor and weapons, we want to make the previous tier more accessible in ways other than just a shift of currency type, so we are making item level 359 gear purchasable for Justice points in the upcoming content patch.

Read the updated patch notes here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2723732#dungeons to see the current list of changes. Please note that all adjustments are subject to change based on the current 4.2 testing on the PTR.
Edited by Nethaera on 5/24/2011 9:15 AM PDT
90 Draenei Shaman
No its meant so that people who have not downed Cho'gal, Alakir, and Nef can have a bit of an easier time to do so as to see Firelands.

Kinda like 'whats to point of doing something people wont get to see?'
Edited by Prospirit on 5/24/2011 9:18 AM PDT
85 Worgen Druid
Win button sponsored by Staples will appear next to each boss.

I presume this means that the current tier raids (BoT/BwD/TOFW) will no longer drop valors as of 4.2, correct? I've never been clear on this; till just now and reading the nerfs.
Edited by Barand on 5/24/2011 9:20 AM PDT
90 Troll Druid

edit 2 : bunch of raiders complaining inc
90 Night Elf Druid
oh so everyone can go back, reduce the difficulty of release raids so they can get the legendary staff

edit : that came off as snarky, didnt mean it that way.

What will it matter if firelands is the end-game tier of raiding?
90 Night Elf Druid
Don't see the problem with this. Doesn't affect heroic modes, and doesn't affect Firelands.
85 Orc Warlock
oh so everyone can go back, reduce the difficulty of release raids so they can get the legendary staff

edit : that came off as snarky, didnt mean it that way.

do you think firelands raid will be the end game raid? i dont think it will.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
It's really not a problem at all. It's wanting to push raiders into progressing into Firelands quicker instead of failing in the easy fights like Cho'Gall still
90 Gnome Mage
IMO, this should have been done in 4.1. My guild didn't really have a tough time working through Nefarion, but we still continue to wipe on Cho'gall. The design of that fight was just idiotic for 10-man groups. It managed to make me HATE this expansion and HATE raiding after almost 5 years of play.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
05/24/2011 09:26 AMPosted by Elopeppe
IMO, this should have been done in 4.1. My guild didn't really have a tough time working through Nefarion, but we still continue to wipe on Cho'gall. The design of that fight was just idiotic for 10-man groups. It managed to make me HATE this expansion and HATE raiding after almost 5 years of play.

Wait till you progress 10 man heroics. That's where it is completely untuned. Magmaw was like having a mini stroke every add.
05/24/2011 09:26 AMPosted by Elopeppe
this should have been done in 4.1

Nope.

It's perfectly fine for the old tier to get a nerf when the new tier comes around, giving people a chance to catch up with the new content.

Even if they nerf the heroic modes, it still does not mean everyone will be doing heroics.
90 Human Paladin

End game raid =/= final raid of an xpack. It simply means that it's the raid that is the highest content you can do at the present time. End-game content consists of anything for max level characters. Daily questing, etc is all part of end-game content.
- World of Warcraft
85 Dwarf Paladin
At least I got to experience the intended difficulty.
85 Orc Warlock

End game raid =/= final raid of an xpack. It simply means that it's the raid that is the highest content you can do at the present time. End-game content consists of anything for max level characters. Daily questing, etc is all part of end-game content.

no i understand that, im just speculating that firelands will be able to be reduced in difficulty like this tier and allow the legendary to be obtained easier.
85 Human Warlock
incoming complaining raiders claiming how they had to climb mount everest and back just to get to get one piece of 359 gear.
also,time to gear up some alts...
awwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah
honestly i'm not even sure why people will be complaining,since this happens literally every single patch.

I climbed a small hill to be decked out in 372 gear. The only thing that matters to me is tier 12 Firelands gear being just as inaccessible to people who can't equip themselves this tier. ;) Those people will never be able to equip themselves with the legendary.
Edited by Marenwynn on 5/24/2011 9:37 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]