Raid Updates for 4.2

100 Worgen Druid
This is not a good idea at all. -.- People are going to go back to T11 in the 368 from vendors, then ultimately in 378 or whatever the ilvl of the gear from Firelands is, and just faceroll it. "Seeing" the content or not, there still needs to be the "If you don't do X, Y will happen and wipe you", like making sure to kite and slow the poision adds with Toxictron, staying out of the swirleys in Cho'gall to avoid getting corruption, etc, etc. If people don't understand that, then they need to work on it like with any game if you have difficulty.
Games are like a puzzle, and the fun is solving that challenging puzzle, not facerolling everything because you can destroy everything in one go, or skip to the ending.
85 Blood Elf Priest
PS: this isn't something to be mad over. As far as I know, most, if not all, content was nerfed after it was outdated. Doesn't affect anyone negatively.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Can we please just go back to 10N not being as aggressively tuned as 25? This change just puts guilds like mine in an awkward position-it's not going to be challenging to go back and do stuff we managed (painfully) to do as is, but Firelands is probably going to be just as aggressively tuned as the current 10N is. So again, we're stuck wondering where to go.
85 Undead Priest
TG

Lol. Boy you'll be pissed in 6 months or a year when they nerf the hell out of firelands so people get their legendary. Its gonna happen so start bawling now, it'll save you some tears later.

Like how people are SOOO pissed at all the people getting their faceroll ICC Shadowmournes now...

or wait, no one cares, cause it's outdated content!
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/24/2011 01:08 PMPosted by Subrosian
Can we please just go back to 10N not being as aggressively tuned as 25? This change just puts guilds like mine in an awkward position-it's not going to be challenging to go back and do stuff we managed (painfully) to do as is, but Firelands is probably going to be just as aggressively tuned as the current 10N is. So again, we're stuck wondering where to go.

No.

I want 10-man to equal 25-man. I don't want to have to go to a 25-man guild to have appropriately challenging content. I enjoy raiding with a smaller group and higher personal responsibility. I don't want that to mean easy mode.

Hard. Mode.
85 Undead Priest
TG
Let's not kid ourselves, IF Blizzard were to have introduce a easy-mode and left Normal without these nerf as an option, assuming the drops (ilvl and quantity) are the same, VERY few groups are going to make use of the Normal mode option.

I don't think I've ever been in an ICC group without the zone buff (purposely.)
100 Gnome Warrior

No.

I want 10-man to equal 25-man. I don't want to have to go to a 25-man guild to have appropriately challenging content. I enjoy raiding with a smaller group and higher personal responsibility. I don't want that to mean easy mode.

Hard. Mode.

So, you're saying you want the same loot as 25, without the trouble or difficultly of a 25 man raid, I can see where you're coming from.
Edited by Wrennardx on 5/24/2011 1:15 PM PDT
85 Orc Death Knight
05/24/2011 11:37 AMPosted by Matick
it will be like Ulduar in 3.3 soon enough, a forgotten raid tier.

Raid tiers aren't supposed to remain relevant forever.

Anyone who says that nobody is going to be running T11 raids need only look as far as the dynamic between ToC and ICC when the buff was 0%. People ran ToC raw because PuGs/bads failed in ICC until the buff stacked up.

Then when T13 comes out all the folks on the bottom end will run T12 assuming it is nerfed in a similar fashion, and maybe they'll revisit T11 heroics (which are untouched by these changes).
85 Goblin Warlock
4.2 will bring brand new five man instances!
They are called BWD, Throne of the 4 winds and Bastion of Twilight!

Seriously, that's lame.
Edited by Ununseptium on 5/24/2011 1:16 PM PDT
90 Undead Priest
Doesn't nerf heroics, so those guilds wanting to complete them still have a challenge. Everybody concerned with progression and challenge will be in Firelands, anyway, so I don't see what's wrong with this at all.
85 Blood Elf Mage
From a 13/13 raider... this seems like a pretty good change to me =)
90 Blood Elf Priest
So, you're saying you want the same loot as 25, without the hassle or difficultly of a 25 man raid, I can see where you're coming from.

"Go Back" would imply that I was also OK with the loot being different.
90 Undead Priest
05/24/2011 01:14 PMPosted by Wrennardx
So, you're saying you want the same loot as 25, without the trouble or difficultly of a 25 man raid, I can see where you're coming from.

... What? No where did the person you're responding to say that. At all. By the way, 10 mans are more difficult than 25 mans in certain ways, just as 25 mans are more difficult than 10 mans in certain ways. They share a loot table, so you're comment of wanting the same loot is a little, well, ridiculous.

As a person who enjoys raiding with just 9 other people as opposed to being a number amongst 24 others, I would be devastated if Blizzard decided to nerf 10 mans but not 25 mans. We all deserve a challenge.

But that's not the point of the blue post at the top, anyway. -_-
85 Human Warlock

It would be much less of an accomplishment if everyone could do it, wouldn't it? It also makes recruiting competent players more difficult in that you can't glance at their gear and achievements to determine whether or not digging through their logs is worth it.

I'm sure you'll be looking for hard mode completion and hard modes are not being nerfed.

And that is why I approve of this change :)
28 Orc Warlock
Is there anyone who didn't see this coming?

Especially after they did the exact same thing in Wrath?

In any case, I approve of and expected it.
Edited by Samfisher on 5/24/2011 1:22 PM PDT
85 Goblin Warlock
05/24/2011 01:16 PMPosted by Kolzi
From a 13/13 raider... this seems like a pretty good change to me =)

from a 13/13 raider, this does not seem like a pretty good change to me.
Why? Because the same is going to happen to firelands faster. And they seem to think people need to see all of the content (and that they're are leaving because they can't).
100 Human Mage
VTX
Good change, 20% might be a bit much, but it's fine. I think I can now pug the raid (finally) and gear up my alts.

Don't worry about bads being able to kill the end bosses.

Bads will still:
Stand in the fire
Not kill the adds
Get hit by slimes
Suck at dps
Not interrupt the boss
not be able to dance
etc

Right now lets say about 10% of the population can do atramedes, this will push it to 40%. Most players are still really really bad.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]