Raid Updates for 4.2

90 Night Elf Druid
Most of these changes make things easier on healers except for this one.
Modulation no longer causes Sound in normal difficulty.

GG at making things less painful for healers while letting people ignore mechanics and making things more stressful for healers. Just remove the rings than Blizzard, that was the whole purpose of the rings was the sound. It is more efficient from a strategy standpoint to just have to group not move and make the healers have to heal through the avoidable mechanic.
85 Orc Death Knight
05/24/2011 02:13 PMPosted by Brohk
Doesn't mean it won't end up going the completely opposite way, but why should I worry about that when there is no indication that it will?

There is no indication either way but their is cause for concern. Remember PvE to PvP realm transfers and Blizzard's stance on them?

Of course I remember.

How does this strengthen your argument? I already admitted that anything can change on a whim, so saying "They changed their mind then, they can change their mind now." is not any kind of news to me. Nor does it really indicate what they'll do in this situation.

However, nerfing 5 man Heroics months ago and opening the floodgate of posts asking for raid content nerfs, and then not nerfing said raid content until the new raid is out seems to indicate your fears are unfounded.
85 Troll Druid
The complaints about this change is hillarious, and a waste of time, the Community just needs to stop whining for the sake of whining, who cares that irrelevent content is being nerfed in a Future patch, is it happening today? NO. So stop giving our community a bad name with all this pointless whining. I know Children that whine less then our community.
85 Goblin Warlock

However, nerfing 5 man Heroics months ago and opening the floodgate of posts asking for raid content nerfs, and then not nerfing said raid content until the new raid is out seems to indicate your fears are unfounded.

NOT nerfing said content? lol.
check back some patch notes~~
85 Human Death Knight
Items that drop in these nerfed raids and the sets bought with JP need to be reskinned to something other than what they were originally.

The stats are the same, but it's visually different. Both sides win.
85 Orc Death Knight

NOT nerfing said content? lol.
check back some patch notes~~

Minor, gradual nerfs that have happened with every single raid instance to date. Clearly what I'm talking about is the impending 20ish% across the board nerf to everything, as is the person to whom that was a response.

Also, given that you raid hard modes, I can't seem to imagine why you care if normals are nerfed.
90 Night Elf Druid
Sounds like a good plan. I'm sure the people whose guilds struggled to down content before will be happy that they get a chance to see the whole raid.

What I'm kind of suspicious of (and will be heartbroken if they do) is that they might also take "Defender of a Shattered World" out /with/ this -- thus precluding any chance I have of getting Tarecgosa.

Sure, one could argue that I could simply join a major raiding guild for a few months, down all the regular mode content, and then be golden. But that breaks all the social ties I've been working very hard to build with my guildies -- a bitter brew, considering I'm an officer of a rapidly-growing social guild, tasked with building community.

So I'm torn -- should I freak out and get Defender as soon as I can, or am I able to wait until my guild can down the content with me?
Edited by Aendrith on 5/24/2011 2:27 PM PDT
90 Gnome Mage
An excellent start, Blizz.

Oh come on! The raids will already be easier with epic gear attainable with justice points, alongside whatever BoE epics from Firelands that drop, as well as the BoP loot from the first one or two bosses from Firelands. Nerfing them more is silly.

Or, at the very least, do it ICC-style instead of removing mechanics.

Won't you be too busy focussing on Firelands to really care? So what's your problem?
85 Troll Druid
Items that drop in these nerfed raids and the sets bought with JP need to be reskinned to something other than what they were originally.

There is absolutely no reason for this, it would be a waste of development time, and also irrelevent to do. These changes are just allowing newer players to play catch up, not even meaning that they can go in there one night become 12/12 and be in firelands with the rest of us, just means they can experience what most of us cleared months ago.
85 Troll Mage
05/24/2011 02:20 PMPosted by Lazorchicken
The complaints about this change is hillarious, and a waste of time, the Community just needs to stop whining for the sake of whining, who cares that irrelevent content is being nerfed in a Future patch, is it happening today? NO. So stop giving our community a bad name with all this pointless whining. I know Children that whine less then our community.

Pretty much this. Oh no, content we won't play anymore has become easier so now those filthy casuals can feast on the content I worked so hard to clear in this video game on the internet. Get over yourselves. A lot of work went into these raids, it'd be nice if everyone got to see them, even if only to clear them and go "Gee, could you imagine that fight if Nefarian had all four legs and didn't spend the first seven minutes unconscious and this was lava instead of water?"
85 Gnome Priest
Most of these changes make things easier on healers except for this one.
Modulation no longer causes Sound in normal difficulty.

GG at making things less painful for healers while letting people ignore mechanics and making things more stressful for healers. Just remove the rings than Blizzard, that was the whole purpose of the rings was the sound. It is more efficient from a strategy standpoint to just have to group not move and make the healers have to heal through the avoidable mechanic.

Modulation isn't avoidable.

You're thinking of sonar pulse.
85 Human Paladin
05/24/2011 02:19 PMPosted by Denik

There is no indication either way but their is cause for concern. Remember PvE to PvP realm transfers and Blizzard's stance on them?

Of course I remember.

How does this strengthen your argument? I already admitted that anything can change on a whim, so saying "They changed their mind then, they can change their mind now." is not any kind of news to me. Nor does it really indicate what they'll do in this situation.

Maybe you don't remember it as well as you like to think you do. Creating paid realm transfers was the slippery slope Blizzard rode to eventually creating PvE to PvP realm transfers.

Writing off any fears about this change setting a dangerous precedent being unfounded is absurd. Hell you said it yourself, nerfing the 5-man Heroics opened the floodgates and eventually Blizzard did nerf raid content.
85 Human Death Knight

There is absolutely no reason for this, it would be a waste of development time, and also irrelevent to do. These changes are just allowing newer players to play catch up, not even meaning that they can go in there one night become 12/12 and be in firelands with the rest of us, just means they can experience what most of us cleared months ago.

It wouldn't take development time, Blizz already makes 3 or 4 extra skins for every armor set that don't get used, or get used only by an NPC or two.

The people who did the nerfed content need to be identifiable as to not cheapen the rewards we got by doing it the right way. You still get epics and content, raiders get to keep their sense of accomplishment. Bads and casuals need to be able to compromise, as well as raiders.
Edited by Hexxus on 5/24/2011 2:33 PM PDT
90 Worgen Death Knight
Yay. The return of the PUG raids for us casual players!
85 Troll Druid

It wouldn't take development time, Blizz already makes 3 or 4 extra skins for every armor set that don't get used, or get used only by an NPC or two.

The people who did the nerfed content need to be identifiable as to not cheapen the rewards we got by doing it the right way. You still get epics and content, raiders get to keep their sense of accomplishment. You need to be able to compromise, as well as raiders.

It would take development, they may already make several skins, but you have no idea how much time it actually takes them to do that, You will be able to identify them through obvious ways, such as Achievement dates, Armory says when you get a piece of gear too, Just because you dont take the time to actually notice those features doesn't mean they need to change the skin of items, Plus more then likely it would alter all the gear, whether it was received before or after due to coding, So your suggestion wouldn't work either way.
05/24/2011 02:29 PMPosted by Hexxus
The people who did the nerfed content need to be identifiable as to not cheapen the rewards we got by doing it the right way.

If my pie tastes good that diminished the taste of yours...how exactly?
85 Human Death Knight

The people who did the nerfed content need to be identifiable as to not cheapen the rewards we got by doing it the right way. You still get epics and content, raiders get to keep their sense of accomplishment. You need to be able to compromise, as well as raiders.

It would take development, they may already make several skins, but you have no idea how much time it actually takes them to do that, You will be able to identify them through obvious ways, such as Achievement dates, Armory says when you get a piece of gear too, Just because you dont take the time to actually notice those features doesn't mean they need to change the skin of items, Plus more then likely it would alter all the gear, whether it was received before or after due to coding, So your suggestion wouldn't work either way.

They're going to make extra skins no matter what, what's your point? You don't even know what their developing environment is like, why are you even commenting on how much time coding would take?

And your suggestions for identifying them are not enough. They need to look different, visually. They didn't do the content on equal terms with me, so why should they look like it?

Hell the sets could very easily look COOLER than they do right now, as many of the skins they make do. I don't care, it just needs to look different.
Edited by Hexxus on 5/24/2011 2:38 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]