Raid Updates for 4.2

85 Human Death Knight

I knew you wouldn't be leaving.

Time wouldn't matter if the content were remaining the same, but it isn't. It is being severely nerfed. THAT is why it should be different.

And it isn't a waste, when easy modes are implemented (and they will be), those sets will have a different color. For obvious reasons.

They aren't going to implement a 3rd difficulty, again no need for it. Look we get it, you want to attempt to flex your e-peen, Content gets nerfed overtime whether it's from overgearing it, or literally nerfing it, changing the gear from said content, even if just the color, is not needed, wanted, or necessary. Now get off that high horse that doesn't belong to you, and stop giving real raiders a bad name with that elitist attitude.

You're a fool if you think they wouldn't try adding a third difficulty.

You're like those people who told me they'd never allow PvE to PvP transfers. Or faction changes. Or any of the other features that they have added.
85 Human Paladin
I'm not sure how much use this is going to get. Being in a casual guild that only raids 3 hrs a week in BoT/BWD, I don't see us wasting that precious time to finish t11. We'll just move on to Firelands and fail there...lol.

85 Troll Druid
Normal Mode already= Easy mode, thats why a third difficulty won't happen and you're ignorant for thinking otherwise, I could go on and on, but the fact remains Hard Modes will always be where Progression Lies, Normal Mode will always be the stepping stone, There is absolutely NO NEED for "easy" mode to be added.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't gotten through the raids yet, and would actually like to see them keep their difficulty. I want it to be a challenge to get through these raids, even if they aren't the end, instead of just steamrolling through them. Oh well, we still have some time to beat them...
85 Orc Death Knight
05/24/2011 03:08 PMPosted by Brohk
I think you're putting on a set of blinders and saying "Nope, not gonna happen ever because Blizzard would never do something they haven't done in the past!" which is a remarkably narrow-minded view.

I've already admitted that their stance could change for literally any reason. My argument has always been that, based on past actions/experience, this is no more a slippery slope than when it happened throughout Wrath.

We've already established that Blizzard nerfed current content (5-mans) based on complaints of it being too difficult, we've already established that Blizzard will nerf the current content (raids) based on complaints of it being too difficult.

The raids won't be current when the majors nerfs occur. Firelands will. I think that's basically a cornerstone of my argument.

The timing is even further cause for concern based on their past history, dramatic nerfs to every encounter immediately after one tier has never happened before.

Ulduar 3.3.

If you want to believe that Blizzard would never nerf the Firelands raid while it is current content

I've never once said they they will leave Firelands completely untouched until T13. T11 has received gradual nerfs just like any other raiding tier. So will T12.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't think nerfing is the answer to everything. Let them fail. People have to learn own there own. If this raid is slightly harder then the others, just raise the difficulty of the others a bit.
85 Troll Druid
05/24/2011 03:22 PMPosted by Ammanin
I don't think nerfing is the answer to everything. Let them fail. People have to learn own there own. If this raid is slightly harder then the others, just raise the difficulty of the others a bit.

Honestly even with said nerfs, without having seen the fights beforehand most will still fail/wipe for a while just obviously not aslong as those of us that cleared it before.
05/24/2011 03:18 PMPosted by Denik
Ulduar 3.3.

3.3 was ICC
3.2 was ToC
3.1 was Ulduar

I repeat:

The timing is even further cause for concern based on their past history, dramatic nerfs to every encounter immediately after one tier has never happened before.
100 Human Mage
Normal modes are fine in terms of difficulty I dont see why you need to nerf content when the raid teir and VP gear now is going to be dropped to JP next patch anyway. Let people who have yet to clear the normals use the new access to gear come 4.2 and still make the effort to beat the encounter. This is why we have video games, To challenge ourselves and to have fun.
85 Troll Druid
05/24/2011 03:34 PMPosted by Stormraught
Normal modes are fine in terms of difficulty I dont see why you need to nerf content when the raid teir and VP gear now is going to be dropped to JP next patch anyway. Let people who have yet to clear the normals use the new access to gear come 4.2 and still make the effort to beat the encounter. This is why we have video games, To challenge ourselves and to have fun.

The nerfs won't make it so it's not a challenge for some people, it's just making it so it's doable, instead of a brick wall for those that can't commit to raiding 20hrs a week, obviously not everyone raids that much, but was just a figure to get my point acrossed
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
http://www.youtube.com/totalhalibut#p/u/0/ndcysuEIqus

Pretty much sums it up.
72 Troll Shaman
Blizzard, I am Disappoint
90 Goblin Hunter
you guys really make no sense to me blizz! why all the wishy washy changes. you guys really are getting lazy or just don't care anymore. Make up ur minds ffs.
85 Gnome Mage
Wow ... I'm pissed I am a casual gamer and I'm angry that I was given easy access to raids I now feel like A stupid little kid who has no skill and was simply given his gear ... just like in wrath If you look at my avatar I don't have much epics I am the type of player you are "Gearing" the game towards yet this is not the thing I want I don't want my content given to me I want to work for it That's the fun working towards seeing difficult content When i finaly got geared for heroics I was so excited ... for a challenge Now they are boring and repetitive because they were nerfed stop catering to the bad players I was excited for 4.2 because I would get to get the points for the epic gear and do the raid content AS IT WAS INTENDED now I think I am going to level an alt and if i get board of that you may lose a subscriber ... I think this is why you lost those 600,000 players
87 Tauren Shaman
Blizzard, this is absolutely ridiculous. This tier of raiding is already a joke in its normal form and most fights aren't really hard on heroic. They have no reason to do this, if you want to do they content you shouldn't have to whine and complain at blizzard because you are to bad to down some of the simplest content created.
85 Tauren Death Knight
Hello Nethaera, I've never come on the forums, but I heard that things were being nerfed again I would like to know why. I am a casual gamer and yet I still do very well in the game and things do not have to be nerfed in my opinion. I have heard of things being nerfed before, but thinking that the statistics showed enough evidence that people are getting bored of the content would show how people dislike the content it is to easy, it is becoming a little like Wrath which in my opinion was way to easy. I like hard content, but with all the nerfing that is happening it has been easy and not fun anymore and yes I am not the best player but I want to get better and having this easy content is not helping me with my play. Also if you are going to nerf the content why give good gear for it is it that other casual gamers need this to be so easy, why? The gamers that need cotent to be nerfed to me are just wanting to get to level cap then not play and just have a place to talk. So my question is why nerf content that has already been nerfed and also why give good gear for it. It should be a challenge to get the gear you are giving out. A lot of people are like me and stoped playing because of this same exact reason. If you could explain to me more why so many things have been nerfed it would be greatly appericiated.

Thank you for your time
85 Troll Druid
Why don't you just give an easy mode for Justice Points? Keep the Normal and Heroic modes.
85 Orc Death Knight
BlizzCon: We will make this as awesome as TBC!
December: We will NOT nerf dungeons unless absolutely necesary!
February: Oh, I think we'll just nerf it a little bit
March: We will steadily nerf content after it's realeased
May: Nerf everything by 20%!

Don't bring the content down to the Lowest Common Denominator, try to bring the LCD up!

Edit: Notice all the hate here, people obviously DO NOT LIKE!
Edited by Deathripper on 5/24/2011 4:14 PM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
Blizzard,
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]