Raid Updates for 4.2

85 Worgen Warrior
05/24/2011 04:33 PMPosted by Zerde
Thinking further about it I dont like this change, I mean people will outgear normal content, must the fight really be trivialized further to the point people can ignore the mechanics of the fight?

This is what happened in WotLK, naxx, uld and those lower tiers became worthless jokes later in the game because the outgeared effect just made it so easy, that almost all the challenges or even phases of many fights could just be ignored, nerfing it only adds to how weak it will be in the future, then it justifies having worthless reward to go with, thereby becoming more like a shadow of the expansion.
85 Orc Death Knight
I had a feeling that Blizzard wasn't going to uphold their new philosophy they said they were going to in BlizzCon/Early Cata
95 Undead Warlock

These changes will allow players, groups, and guilds who have yet to experience the content in Blackwing Descent, Bastion of Twilight, and Throne of the the Four Winds an opportunity to do so.

this is just an idea but... how about if instead of making changes to the current raid content you just

add another difficulty such as an "Easy" or "Entry" mode to compliment the "Normal" and "Heroic" difficultys.

This new Easy mode could include all of the planned changes to raid content
Why do you insist on nerfing every little thing about the raids, they are not hard and people who think they are should just man up and get better at the game. Blizzard stick to your guns like you did in TBC instead of making everything super easy.... at least add an easy difficulty level with all the nerfs and keep the normal and heroics the same there is nothing wrong with the difficulty off the raids. stop the unneeded nerfs please.
85 Worgen Warrior
Many of people's challenge with raiding, isn't in fact its raw difficulty, its in comps, builds, time constraints, having enough in guild, not willing to go through the heroic mess to gain to gear to even raid, wanting to completely 100% avoid the grind up to it,fear of getting ripped of on gear or aiming to rip people off on gear rules, luck of the draw, commitment, willingness to deal with others or having a steady schedule..

The other issues don't get addressed or nerfed or cut down but the difficulty, the challenge appeal always does.

Oh and shall I add class design, some people just still aren't satisfied with some changes of their class and how rotations work etc, left unmotivated to play something they may not like, this may be an issue for some people idk.

Some people are still getting used to or will never accept/enjoy the changes to tanking, healing or certain dps roles.
Edited by Crankey on 5/24/2011 4:49 PM PDT
85 Goblin Death Knight
Just a quick question, I understand the HP and DMG changes to normal only are the time delays between spells also included.

For instance alakir's acid rain stacking slower are these also only faster in normal?
90 Human Priest
Holy Cow!

Total Biscuit just unsubscribed to World of Warcraft and will no longer be making WoW videos because of this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndcysuEIqus&feature=player_profilepage

I am really going to miss Azeroth Daily. Even if he is a way better player than me and would just laugh at me, he rocks! He said on Twitter he might be moving to Rift...but nothing is set in stone yet.

Who cares what totalbiscuit does. Who cares if he unsubscribes to the game. Guess what, hes not a raider. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ahn%27qiraj/totalbiscuit/simple . Hes another one of these people that think they are good and aren't. Simply put, real people that raid, don't care, they'll be in firelands. Who cares what bad people do in normal bwd and bot. Should blizzard be doing this, hell no, normal mode is easy enough content, but they are also a business, publicly traded and need to show their stock holders that they make money.
87 Human Priest
.....Seriously another nerf, how about you guy's bite the bullet and put in a training/easy mode

Reduce the rewards, give justice points, and then everyone wins. !%@@ty players who don't care enough to gear properly can see all the content. And people who have some skills can go knock out the normal mode. While people who have the time to raid 7 days a week can have their hard mode.

Someone tell me how this does not make sense?
85 Human Paladin
So what you are saying for all of us who have been playing since the inception of WOW (numerous friends) and us who have played 3 or more years, grinded our butts off to get thru the content to get the gear, working with our guildies doing normal dungeons(with wipes if we were dumb) and heroic, doing Battlegrounds for honor points just to get gear high enough so that when we went into the heroics and the raids, that there would be a possibiolity that we would die and would have to try 3 or 4 times to get thru and now because a few little whining people who think since they spent the money to buy the game and the expansions (i bought 3 sets of the game so far) that they are intitled to walk through things we fought and died( per se) through to get the achievements. I think that these people need to put on some big kid pants and do the content as it is. Maybe because the game is becoming a money making aspect of the world of corporations is the main reasons people are going to other MMORPGs because they want community not being harrassed by people who want to sell gold or equipment . How much more "vanilla" does the game have to become so that everyone who feels entitled because they bought the game? I mean you guys have games out there that have different levels of gameplay(Diablo nightmare difficulty) Which gave me a whoopin until I got the right gear to beat it!!
So please dont make things easier, because if you keep catering to the whining contingent you will lose the best aspect of WOW the challenge of playing to WIN not to just get things handed to you for absolutely no achievement
85 Goblin Warlock
05/24/2011 04:19 PMPosted by Nethaera
Just to clarify for those that have been asking, these changes only apply to Normal mode and not Heroic.

have you noticed the gap between normal and heroics that you are creating?
Who cares if they are nerfing BoT/BWD/Tot4Ws on normal? Tier 11 is outdated content in 4.2, so why should it matter if they nerf it? What will matter is tier 12/Firelands, not BoT/BWD/Tot4Ws. You will still need to do tier 11 to get gear upgrades that might not be available elsewhere if you want to do better in the Firelands. And, as Nethera clarified, these nerfs are for NORMAL difficulty, not Heroic. The content is outdated once the Firelands come out, and it shouldnt' matter to anyone who's downed the content. I don't care if they nerf it; it'll make gearing my alts faster, for the most part, and I'll have the satisfaction in killing the bosses when they weren't' nerfed.

Also, even if the encounters weren't nerfed, they'd still become laughably easy due to the better valor gear coming out and the gear from the Firelands.
Edited by Aoir on 5/24/2011 5:13 PM PDT
87 Human Priest
05/24/2011 05:06 PMPosted by Aoir
Who cares if they are nerfing BoT/BWD/Tot4Ws on normal? Tier 11 is outdated content in 4.2, so why should it matter if they nerf it? What will matter is tier 12/Firelands, not BoT/BWD/Tot4Ws. You will still need to do tier 11 to get gear upgrades that might not be available elsewhere if you want to do better in the Firelands. And, as Nethera clarified, these nerfs are for NORMAL difficulty, not Heroic. The content is outdated once the Firelands come out, and it shouldnt' matter to anyone who's downed the content. I don't care if they nerf it; it'll make gearing my alts faster, for the most part, and I'll have the satisfaction in killing the bosses when they weren't' nerfed.

...why do they need to nerf it now that people can outgear it
86 Goblin Shaman
05/24/2011 04:36 PMPosted by Crankey
Thinking further about it I dont like this change, I mean people will outgear normal content, must the fight really be trivialized further to the point people can ignore the mechanics of the fight?

This is what happened in WotLK, naxx, uld and those lower tiers became worthless jokes later in the game because the outgeared effect just made it so easy, that almost all the challenges or even phases of many fights could just be ignored, nerfing it only adds to how weak it will be in the future, then it justifies having worthless reward to go with, thereby becoming more like a shadow of the expansion.

You weren't going to ignore Yogg Saron's mechanics even with heroic ICC gear.

That said... cool, I guess? I still dunno if this will actually get me into the raid zones, I don't feel as motivated to raid as I did during WotLK.
85 Orc Death Knight
05/24/2011 05:07 PMPosted by Wiskerbiscut

...why do they need to nerf it now that people can outgear it

Probably to deal with the outrage now instead of later so they can focus on other things except going "Working as intended" on every "LORD RHYOLITH IS HARD" thread.
85 Worgen Warrior
This made TotalBiscuit unsubscribe for a while.

GG Blizzard, GG

Hell, even I might unsubscribe. I've been playing since TBC and haven't unsub'd ONCE!

so the fat pompous british guy with an annoying accent quit ? cool

one douchebag down, many casual subs back for blizzard

He was actually very much soa casual, so your point is not valid, he rarely played WoW over a couple hours a week, wasn't very serious or got very far in raiding. You probably play this game 5 times more than him and you think you are arguing and representing the casual crowd any better.

Sorry but there is skilled and unskilled, hardcore and casual.

Hardcore does not = skill
Casual does not =unskilled

There can be some very skilled casual players who barely have time to play, or only play in relax time which isn't exactly a majority of their free time.

Hardcore players can very well suck, and all they may do is simple grinding or PvP, or just run heroics etc.

There is no hardline category people fall in, people really need to be more wise on this, realize and accept that fact and we can start having somewhat more productive arguments
85 Goblin Shaman
I think Blizzard knows fully good and well that its skinner box has worked exactly as planned. They will cater to those who demand their pellets and make it easier for them until such point that they are satisfied. While many will leave behind WoW bitterly, there will still be millions of drones happily farming dailies and doing BGs every day in ten years. This is one of many moves to make sure that portion of the populace grows to as high a number as possible before another product provides something significantly better.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]