Raid Updates for 4.2

90 Orc Shaman
It just makes it seem like there is no point in even doing the content while its new, or ever for that matter.
85 Goblin Shaman

Assuming you are right (which I doubt) why does any of this matter if absolutley no one is affected?

Why is it bad, if only people that WERE capable of doing it are the only ones capable of doing it after the nerfs?

There will be people affected in my scenario. Many players go for years without having touched a raid and may actually want to try it for once and will want to dip their toes in the first tier of raiding. They won't be the lazy people who wouldn't be willing (Note that I didn't say not capable) to even go past the first 4 bosses regardless of how easy the raid is. However they will go through a watered down experience that will probably feel even easier than some heroics available at the time (seeing as there will be more heroics in the future). They will faceroll through it and that will be their training for raid day number one with their guild that has probably full cleared firelands and has it on farm now.
What's in store for them? A lot of drama, and it was all because his previous experiences with heroics and raids didn't prepare him for the difficulty of current content.
Edited by Veydan on 5/24/2011 5:36 PM PDT
90 Undead Rogue
First you mess with your own lore, then you mess up with the classes, then you screw up and not change BC related areas? According to some quests the lich king is still alive! Not to mention Archamond's body is gone from Hyjal. Atleast put his skull somewhere... And now you guys go ahead and do this. Dumb things like this will be your downfall. Now you did something like this, but near the end of wrath. Sure, its progression. But do you know how many people were happy to actualy have a challange? There was nothing wrong with the raids! They have no reason to be nerfed. Just because a few ten year olds complane that a raid to too hard, you go ahead and do this. It isn't right for us who want to work for their gear. Yes, new raid comming out. It's one new raid! One! We still want to go to these places. Why the nerf if it's new gear comming out? Why? It's pointless. I sugest you guys work on how many gold spammers are in the game, the hack issues, and over all, the lore. I said it once, and I will say it again. Blizzard, you are going down hill, and fast.
90 Orc Death Knight

The people you speak of are so lazy and unwilling to clear content that they probably won't even be able to after all of these nerfs. And even if they were, they wouldn't stick around to see Nefarian go down because they'd get bored.

Assuming you are right (which I doubt) why does any of this matter if absolutley no one is affected?

Why is it bad, if only people that WERE capable of doing it are the only ones capable of doing it after the nerfs?

Ummm sorry to say but it matters to me. I've only had a chance to down 2/12 and I feel like I'm being robbed of my experience of downing them when they are challenging.
Noooooooo!!!!! I only have a limited time to play each week...I have yet to down the majority of Cata bosses. I don't want Blizz to nerf these things into the ground before I have a chance to see them. And I don't want to see them after their nerfed...I want to see them as they are!

What's the point of raiding for me now anyway? I don't have the time to raid more than a couple hours a week, so I'll pretty much always be a tier or so behind. If Blizz is going to nerf one tier of raids the moment the next tier comes out...what the heck is the point? I don't need purps, I need a fun and challenging raiding experience. Ugh.

He he... I suspect this is an alt making a false claim to try to make a point.

Regardless... you have seen less than half of the current raids.

If that is as far as you have gotten by now then you really weren't going to get much further anyway (because it will become harder and harder to get into a tier 1 raid soon). Actually the nerfs will make it more likely that you might get to see the tier 1 raids.

85 Tauren Warrior
Excellent news.

Hopefully there is a reduction of VP rewards rather than a removal to continue encouraging guilds to run this content as well. Changing everything to JP will make the nerfs a moot point, as everyone will focus their QQ on the Firelands.

Thank you for realizing that the level of 'challenge' is one of your mistakes with Cata.
100 Undead Warrior
Yeah, it's disheartening to see that blizzard is going that way. They're won't be any challenge doing any of the tier 11 stuff, and to be honest, without any difficulty, there's no real fun, it's like going to run old vanilla raids, why even bother... It's also a slap in the face to everyone that actually put in the effort and were skillful enough to actually beat those dungeons. And be getting the achievements that go with them.

I think it's a big mistake, and I'm not sure how this will end up affecting the game, but I'm pretty sure it will be negatively...
85 Human Priest
Thanks for the nerf, maybe now my old raiding team will come back and we can experience the beginning tier of raiding content now that its 6 months old and no longer a full time job. I know its hard making up your mind catering to casuals or raiders, but alienating both in one move is a new one. kudos!

...seriously, I'll probably be back in a year so why am I complaining?

Ummm sorry to say but it matters to me. I've only had a chance to down 2/12 and I feel like I'm being robbed of my experience of downing them when they are challenging.

You had plenty of time. Clearly you were not up to the challenge.
Edited by Keepsayke on 5/24/2011 5:44 PM PDT
Then you will fail on the first boss and come to the forums and complain that the new raid is too hard and has to be nerfed for you.

Your excuses will be I cleared all normal modes in T11 now and no one wants to do heroic modes so now I have nothing to do.

I'm not even sure this was a response to the stuff that you quoted.
85 Gnome Mage
[quote="25804269044"]Excellent news.

Hopefully there is a reduction of VP rewards rather than a removal to continue encouraging guilds to run this content as well. Changing everything to JP will make the nerfs a moot point, as everyone will focus their QQ on the Firelands.

Thank you for realizing that the level of 'challenge' is one of your mistakes with Cata.

Not true ... Its actually one of the good things they did they promised that only good players would be able to do the content but now they are going back on that promise ... now I will never know If I am a good player because now it is to easy and I don't have enough time to do the current stuff (this is why some of the casuals are mad)
100 Night Elf Rogue
You canceled Azeroth daily. You suck
85 Tauren Priest
He he... I suspect this is an alt making a false claim to try to make a point.

Regardless... you have seen less than half of the current raids.

If that is as far as you have gotten by now then you really weren't going to get much further anyway (because it will become harder and harder to get into a tier 1 raid soon). Actually the nerfs will make it more likely that you might get to see the tier 1 raids.

Um, not an alt, and not a false claim. It's not that I've gone in and been unable to down the later bosses...it's that I haven't had the time to even go see them. Like, right I haven't down Maloriak, but not because I've spent hours trying...it's because I just haven't had the time to even get there. Just because it'll take me a lot longer to get to the last bosses of t11 doesn't mean I'll be unable to down them once I do.

Edit: If Blizz didn't drop t11 gear to be purchasable with Justice Points, and if they didn't nerf all the t11 raids, there'd still be people raiding t11. That's the point I'm trying to make here. Blizz could still keep t11 valid while bringing in Firelands.
Edited by Hðlycow on 5/24/2011 5:53 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So long as these Nerfs are for normal mode only. Leave hardmode's as is.
51 Troll Warlock
Cool

There will be people affected in my scenario. Many players go for years without having touched a raid and may actually want to try it for once and will want to dip their toes in the first tier of raiding. They won't be the lazy people who wouldn't be willing (Note that I didn't say not capable) to even go past the first 4 bosses regardless of how easy the raid is. However they will go through a watered down experience that will probably feel even easier than some heroics available at the time (seeing as there will be more heroics in the future). They will faceroll through it and that will be their training for raid day number one with their guild that has probably full cleared firelands and has it on farm now.
What's in store for them? A lot of drama, and it was all because his previous experiences with heroics and raids didn't prepare him for the difficulty of current content.

If your concern is for returning players that have missed a few years, you should consider that there has been a dozen or so raids in that time... any and all of them can be used as learning tools. And they will need to level anyway.

Players getting to 85 and raiding in easy mode is not exactly the destruction of mankind. They can still learn and get gear for the Firelands stuff... it will even give raiding guilds a bigger pool of raider-replacements.

Good players will still be good and lesser players can wait on the Firelands nerfs.

It's all for the best really.
Edited by Keepsayke on 5/24/2011 5:54 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]