Raid Updates for 4.2

86 Troll Mage
umm and the purpose of just reposting someone elses comment was what exactly, Hakkai?
Edited by Davoodoomon on 5/24/2011 9:25 PM PDT
85 Orc Warrior
umm and the purpose of just reposting someone elses comment was what exactly?
90 Blood Elf Warlock
05/24/2011 09:23 PMPosted by Davoodoomon
umm and the purpose of just reposting someone elses comment was what exactly, Hakkai?

He's simply being immature. One of those "ignore and it and it may go away" things.
70 Gnome Warrior
05/24/2011 09:27 PMPosted by Vikku

He's simply being immature. One of those "ignore and it and it may go away" things.

Just like correcting grammar on the internet, immature and annoying.
86 Troll Mage
Posted by Vikku

no it just struck me as odd that you would take a comment thats already there and just repost it without even putting any input of your own on it
85 Orc Warrior
Thank blizzard ruin the game more, this will definitely lose you more subscribers.

Nerf more content for the people who can't move out of fire, interrupt a construct, jump platform to platform. Great job there make people worse instead of them making better by nerfing everything

So true..... LISTEN BLIZZARD!
90 Blood Elf Warlock

And yet, at the same time, so fun. Grammar is an important part of the English language and is often ignored.
Edited by Vikku on 5/24/2011 9:40 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Mage
What is the point of doing this? If you want to see old content you never got to kill, work for it like everyone else did. I have downed every boss except Nefarian so far in 2-3 weeks after my VERY LONG break from WoW and i can say, it's not that hard to do at all ! Does blizzard expect their player base to be brain farting the whole time while they are raiding? These changes are pretty unreasonable.... considering no one will bother with heroic modes when firelands comes out. Wasted tier or raiding much?
86 Troll Mage
05/24/2011 09:39 PMPosted by Ammaril
What is the point of doing this? If you want to see old content you never got to kill, work for it like everyone else did. I have downed every boss except Nefarian so far in 2-3 weeks after my VERY LONG break from WoW and i can say, it's not that hard to do at all ! Does blizzard expect their player base to be brain farting the whole time while they are raiding? These changes are pretty unreasonable.... considering no one will bother with heroic modes when firelands comes out. Wasted tier or raiding much?

i agree too bad blizzard will probably always keep this ignorant stance of we must allow EVERYONE to see the content. Oh well maybe some other mmo will get it right...
70 Gnome Warrior
Ignorant yeah. Blizzard your ignorant for not letting everyone who pays for your game see it eventually. I think your the one that's ignorant.
90 Draenei Shaman
Rehashing what others had already said.

This is a bad move.

By doing this it removes this tier of raiding from the picture. You're never going to go there to get gear, you can pick up the T11 set from the vendors. So anything about gearing alts is bollocks. Unless some new dungeons come out they can just get weapons from the troll dungeons, t11 gear from vendors, and hop into firelands.

People aren't even going to go there for the heroics, let alone are they going to be able to make the jump from these easy-mode normals to do it. People aren't clearing it now when the gear is the best, why would they when it provides inferior gear if they skip to Firelands? Or just waiting till the next raid comes out and they can get it from a vendor.

It's really a double nerf to content, you'll have the gear you would have gotten by completing the raid content (which would have taken multiple runs) before you even step foot in it. That's a good way to have people learn mechanics when they can simply power through content. Is fire really that hard to not stand in?

Firelands is going to get very boring, very quickly simply because there is nothing else to do. It's certainly not going to keep people subscribed for another 6 month+ wait of doing already heavily nerfed heroic dungeons or daily quests in their easily acquired t11 gear that completely outclasses the content. What happens when more subscribers are gone? Firelands gets the ax before the next raid even comes out? We get more thrown together instances with slightly better loot to even out the transition between dungeons and raids?

I'll parrot putting in an easy mode so there will be Easy, Normal, Heroic versions of instances. This would work with the dungeons for people just getting into raiding. For example, this last tier, if you were decked out in 346 you could go into the Easy mode and be well geared for it. Normal would be the 353 level stuff, and Heroic the 359 gear. The idea being that the easy mode lets you get out of dungeons and into raids sooner so you aren't endlessly farming dungeons for gear. They'll be able to learn the mechanics and experience the content on easy and if they want to get the top end gear they can progress through normal and on to heroic.
85 Worgen Warrior
05/24/2011 07:09 PMPosted by Keepsayke
*sigh* I understand your point, I really do, but I don't think your grasping my personality. I feel that all things should be WORKED for not GIVEN. Nerfing this content is GIVING it to the people who wine about it being TOO HARD. If you want more on my stance on this Total Biscuit shares my stance on this you can find his reasoning here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndcysuEIqus

I watched the video earlier. I tend to disagree with him, and I suspect that he was looking for a reason to leave anyway. In any case, Blizzard made it pretty clear that they would be doing this before Cata launched (so I really don't know what the shock is to folks on the forums).

As to the "work" thing, I dunno... I would feel pretty stupid if I caught myself PAYING $15 a month to work (in a "game" no less).

I think that it is pretty much just a great way to let other less-skilled / more casual (or whatever) people see more of the game. I honestly think that, had the raiding remained at the same level of difficulty, you would have had one of 2 things happen.

1) you never got to finish your progression because the bulk of raiders stopped wasting time with the old raids with crappier loot

2) when you finally did get to finish, it was on an achievement run with guildies that are toting gear from the Firelands (or later) raid... which is the same thing as running it with nerfs when you think about it

05/24/2011 06:45 PMPosted by Boraneus
As to you "Noob" comment I understand that it was "meant" to be a joke or something but you need to realize that being called a Noob on the internet can offend people who can not hear the sarcasm in your voice and it can offend them. I know how to play the game and I will admit if I'm a noob in a cretin aspect but I feel the term noob does NOT fit me.

Agreed... it was out of line. And I apologize.

Nah he is an enthused fan of WoW I don't think it was, "he was looking for a reason to leave" but it was something that has been building up from the recent of Blizzards decisions, since he is pretty heavily involved in WoW from the work he does that has pretty much promoted WoW by far, until recently.

They did not make this clear either, they said that better gear would = easier past content, just like ICC gear to naxx at its extreme, GC himself expressed this long ago multiple times to address the "heroic content too hard" rampagers.

There are things I disagree with on TB very much so, but just because I don't like everything he has to say, doesn't mean I discount them as with anybody else, I find this rather agreeable and I am glad somebody like him does what he does even if it isn't exactly what I would have in mind.

You cannot call the game being hard= to work, if so then the game is designed wrong or not for you regardless of difficulty. Work is something you can associate with grinding, dailies, reputation farming, mounts, achievements, professions and so on. The content you run up to with a fairly predictable result every time which is: WIN. There is likely no challenge or chance of failure in doing these menial chores.

Challenge once again is something many gamers enjoy, it is often the goal, it is mainly to overcome an obstacle, very limited genres and games try to step outside that, which can and only has so much success.

If there really isn't a serious challenge, what are you as the player overcoming? To me that would become pointless to play, you might as well turn it into a movie already if you want to go through the experience all in one sitting and put forth no brain work or effort to overcome.

How fun would it be to play basketball, when the court is 10 x 10, the hoop is 2 feet wide and 4 feet tall, with the size of a current basketball? Sorry but the bar can only be so low, till it reaches a point where anybody could do it, becoming pointless to try and excel at.
Edited by Crankey on 5/24/2011 9:51 PM PDT
86 Troll Mage
Ignorant yeah. Blizzard your ignorant for not letting everyone who pays for your game see it eventually. I think your the one that's ignorant.

see this is the case and point i make by entitled casual. like really just because you pay $15 a month doesn't mean that you get to see everything I mean really if we're going to use that logic then why have us level? huh? I mean I pay $15 a month I'm entitled to my level 85 from the start and should get full raiding gear without doing anything cause i pay $15 A MONTH!!

sounds ignorant ya cause it is...
85 Draenei Shaman
Yea, why complain about nerfing old content... tier 11 becomes new trolls in a essence. it doesn't make Teir 12 content any easier... and please... stop OMFG THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE... every patch or every expansion has operated this way... but just as reliable the ppl that are OMFGing always have and always will OMFG about this
70 Gnome Warrior
05/24/2011 09:49 PMPosted by Davoodoomon

see this is the case and point i make by entitled casual. like really just because you pay $15 a month doesn't mean that you get to see everything I mean really if we're going to use that logic then why have us level? huh? I mean I pay $15 a month I'm entitled to my level 85 from the start and should get full raiding gear without doing anything cause i pay $15 A MONTH!!

Who said I want full raiding gear? Gear that's not even the most optimum. Hell I could go back and do BWL and get raiding gear. What's your point. I just wan't to see the content you ignorant ass.
85 Orc Warrior
Yes but it ruins the prestige of having done that content pre-nerf. IMO any nerfs to content need to take place during beta/alpha or not take place at all.
70 Gnome Warrior
05/24/2011 09:51 PMPosted by Uchargeme
Yes but it ruins the prestige of having done that content pre-nerf. IMO any nerfs to content need to take place during beta/alpha or not take place at all.

Prestige? lol it really is the only thing you hardcore care about. Being the only shiny.
85 Human Paladin
Well, I knew that they would change gear availability with a new tier of content, but I didn't know it would be so soon, with Blizzard's idea of a faster content release. As a Raid Leader of a guild new to the raiding scene, I personally do not agree with decreasing the content difficulty. I enjoy WoW's storytelling and experiencing the content, but I would rather actually do the content that was released than just experience "Stuff". I understand Blizzard's want to allow players to experience the content, but to, in my opinion, decrease the quality of the content in the first place makes me less inclined to do it.

See, the thing is that I actually enjoy struggling for the kill. If I could snap my fingers and make it happen, getting 50,000 gold in the process, I wouldn't much play this game. However, I also like getting stronger. To strive to gain better gear, increase my skill and learn mechanics and fights and many, many things is my joy as a raider. I do not enjoy being good, I enjoy getting good. To fight for 4 hours to try and kill a boss is frustrating, yea, but to do anything else would be boring.

On the other hand, I do enjoy that time when you gain access to bigger and better gear. To suddenly find yourself killing with ease those bosses that took you some time to kill. The difference here is that by decreasing the difficulty I find myself faced not with my antagonizing foe, but a shell, a cheap imitation, a shadow of what was strong. I cannot feel happiness to kill such a worthless thing, such an unrecognizable monstrosity of content. This is not what was meant to be raided; this is not what Blizzard has put their time and effort in to make; this is not World of Warcraft.

Sorry, that started to get strangely preachy toward the end.

If you PvP though, that's World of Warcraft too...
86 Troll Mage
Posted by Davoodoomon

Who said I want full raiding gear? Gear that's not even the most optimum. Hell I could go back and do BWL and get raiding gear. What's your point. I just wan't to see the content you ignorant ass.

cause according to you because you pay for the game you should get to see all the content im only saying that by that logic doesnt that mean because I pay $15 a month that i shouldnt have to level or bother getting raiding gear? i mean you said it yourself I'm just wanting to see all the content and should be allowed to because i pay $15 a month
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]