Raid Updates for 4.2

85 Orc Warrior
Yes, when I have put in hours of effort for some pixels, I atleast dont want the pixels to become easily obtainable.
85 Blood Elf Mage
05/24/2011 09:46 PMPosted by Hakkai
Ignorant yeah. Blizzard your ignorant for not letting everyone who pays for your game see it eventually. I think your the one that's ignorant.

Lol, because making one content easy for you or whoever you are representing, that cant down raid bosses will totally have a positive impact on the game because pugging nerfed verisons of BWD / BoT / Tofw will guarantee endgame boss kills. If you or whoever you're speaking for joins a dedicated guild, you will at least be able to clear one of the 3 raids at this point.

Not to mention, no one will bother pugging Tier 10 raids besides mostly bads.... have fun raiding with those types of people...
86 Troll Mage
Uchargeme
85 Orc Warrior
NV
Yes but it ruins the prestige of having done that content pre-nerf. IMO any nerfs to content need to take place during beta/alpha or not take place at all.

they need to work it like team fortress 2 at least if they insist with this where they have a special mark on the armor before nerfs to let others know that this person worked for his armor.
85 Worgen Warrior
05/24/2011 09:51 PMPosted by Hakkai

see this is the case and point i make by entitled casual. like really just because you pay $15 a month doesn't mean that you get to see everything I mean really if we're going to use that logic then why have us level? huh? I mean I pay $15 a month I'm entitled to my level 85 from the start and should get full raiding gear without doing anything cause i pay $15 A MONTH!!

sounds ignorant ya cause it is...

Who said I want full raiding gear? Gear that's not even the most optimum. Hell I could go back and do BWL and get raiding gear. What's your point. I just wan't to see the content you ignorant ass.

Whats the diff between wanting to have access to all the levels, dungeons, bosses or gear, its all the same.

I didn't unlock all the weapons or beat every game on some past shooter games I made, I didn't sue for my money back or ever feel ripped off, I actually was quite nostalgic to the difficulties of some games.

Reminds me of that LOTR: the third age on PS2, It was an RPG, I only got like halfway through the game then started playing other games, and was a little tired of it, but I think it was a fun and enjoyable JRPG, regardless.

If u just want to see it, then uh get better, try to, have a friend play for you/with you, or watch a video. Do something to get there.
86 Dwarf Warrior
Very disappointed to read about the massive list of nerfs..
Just.. generally very disappointed in Blizzard in how they've handled the Cataclysm content, which at one point showed great promise. This just isn't the game I fell in love with two years ago (almost to the day).

Thus, I unsubbed about 10 minutes ago. Thanks for the memories.
Cheers.
If other people being able to enjoy content after you is a problem for you then you have bigger issues to deal with than what goes on in a video game. Unsubscribing from this game will probably do you a world of good because you'll have free time available to you to work on these issues.
85 Orc Warrior

they need to work it like team fortress 2 at least if they insist with this where they have a special mark on the armor before nerfs to let others know that this person worked for his armor.

Agreed entirely, or not nerf content after it is released entirely.
86 Troll Mage
Just.. generally very disappointed in Blizzard in how they've handled the Cataclysm content, which at one point showed great promise. This just isn't the game I fell in love with two years ago (almost to the day).

Cheers.
If other people being able to enjoy content after you is a problem for you then you have bigger issues to deal with than what goes on in a video game. Unsubscribing from this game will probably do you a world of good because you'll have free time available to you to work on these issues.

The problem isnt letting people clear content after we are done the problem is letting them clear the content get the same loot and achieves as we did except we had to do it on content that was 10x harder and it also doesn't teach people anything so by the time they get into my firelands group they're under the mindset that Hey its okay to stand in the fire.
85 Human Warlock
INC wall of text. Read it all please to fully understand it.

So, if anyone from Blizzard reads my post it would greatly behoove them to watch this video posted by Totalbiscuit who has been covering World of Warcraft for quite a long time now.
Here is the link; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndcysuEIqus&feature=channel_video_title

TotalBiscuit brings up some very valid points i believe and i think it would be beneficial to watch the video and understand the points he made because, what he said to me is some of the stuff that could be done to in a sense, "fix" raiding for alot of people. Make an easy mode that drops gear slightly better than what you get from justice points, then normal mode for those that don't need easy mode or have progressed from easy mode. Then of course heroic, and heroic should stay challenging. But i think with the three tier system it would get more people interested in progressing if all 3 tiers had some shared element. Because, there are essentially 3 groups of raiders (not counting people from Paragon and guilds like that because this doesn't apply). 1. People that need easy content to experience it and have a chance to move onto normal mode. 2. People that are in the middle and can do normal content relatively easily. 3. People that are doing heroics. If blizzard could somehow cater to those three groups it would help bring players back and get people interested in raiding again. They cater to the easymode people and hardmode people qq, they cater to the hardmode people and easymode people qq. But where is the voice of the middle who want to do normals and heroics but sometimes can't because of not being able to find other players that are sufficient/skilled to do the content. With an easy mode introduced you could help certain players get to normal modes and therefore get more people raiding and bring more people back to the game. Without ever having to go through and nerf the living crap out of all the tiers that aren't the bleeding edge.

Thanks for reading, if your a Blizzard employee that can do something, i highly advise you to take advice from TotalBiscuits last World of Warcraft show until something changes. And, because you need to so that World of Warcraft can become a better game, with better players, so that you don't have to nerf everything.
85 Worgen Warrior

Cheers.

Dude he isn't alone and many would enjoy it the way it is or "was" who haven't done it, so this isn't others. In fact it is rather subjective, just because you and maybe a few people you know like it to be easy, does not mean everybody else, no matter what stage of the game they are at want the same.
86 Troll Mage
Dude he isn't alone and many would enjoy it the way it is or "was" who haven't done it, so this isn't others. In fact it is rather subjective, just because you and maybe a few people you know like it to be easy, does not mean everybody else, no matter what stage of the game they are at want the same

imo i think that if blizzard wants to put this behind them what they should do is instead of nerfing the content for everyone they create more difficulty levels other then normal and heroic. so for instance they could create multiple difficulty levels like they could have a casual mode a normal mode a heroic mode and maybe even a legendary mode and make it so that each mode drops either better or worse quality loot depending on what difficulty it is. so casual mode raids would only drop gear that would truly help in casual raids. this way casuals get easy content without the rest of us having to suffer the nerfs
Edited by Davoodoomon on 5/24/2011 10:18 PM PDT
85 Human Warlock
I see you just read my post or watched totalbiscuits vid.
86 Troll Mage
05/24/2011 10:08 PMPosted by Haestings
I see you just read my post or watched totalbiscuits vid.

ah no i just remember that from one of TB's vids and thought it would suit a purpose in this discussion. dont know if i got it from that video in particular he's mentioned the concept in many other video's as well
Edited by Davoodoomon on 5/24/2011 10:11 PM PDT
85 Human Paladin
05/24/2011 12:41 PMPosted by Crinx
What if Firelands had a Flame Leviathan to allow all the Donalds to get relevant loot? That sounds like a fair compromise. As far as I'm concerned, there's not a problem in this game that can't be solved by making everything more like Ulduar.

I liek you.
85 Human Warlock
Yeah TotalBiscuit was a very good commentor. Will miss him until he comes back.
86 Troll Mage
Posted by Crinx
What if Firelands had a Flame Leviathan to allow all the Donalds to get relevant loot? That sounds like a fair compromise. As far as I'm concerned, there's not a problem in this game that can't be solved by making everything more like Ulduar.

i agree that would also do the job pretty well.

05/24/2011 10:12 PMPosted by Zivhthe
I liek you.

and just because i can't resist this opportunity I herd you liek mudkipz too
85 Human Warlock
@ Bladiond

That isn't away to solve any problems, shoo troll.
85 Goblin Hunter
@ Bladiond

That isn't away to solve any problems, shoo troll.

please, it's people like you who make it hard for people who actually try to improve the game and talk with the devs.

EDIT: this comment is directed at Bladiond.
Edited by Smoks on 5/24/2011 10:18 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]