Raid Updates for 4.2

100 Tauren Warrior
05/24/2011 09:12 AMPosted by Nethaera
so we are making item level 359 gear purchasable for Justice points in the upcoming content patch.

I assume your talking about what 359 gear is currently sold already? Or more items than what is currently available?
85 Goblin Warlock
Thank you, Blizz.
85 Draenei Mage
Can there be a clarification on this? Is this ONLY for Normal mode? Will Hard Mode still produce the same damage output as currently on Live?
86 Dwarf Warrior
I used to raid on other toons. I was in one of the best guilds on my server getting realm firsts and had the admiration of those on my server.

And it felt pretty dang good.

But this expansion I've decided to step back and relax. I'm not raiding, I'm barely doing any content at all. I'm just sitting back and enjoying the scenery, more or less.

And I'm having a great time doing that too.

I see it from both perspectives and I think this is a good idea. The raiders will still be the people with the best gear and they'll still be getting the admiration of their peers but the non-raiders will get more content that they can do at their own pace. They won't be able to do the relevant content while it is still relevant and they won't have the best gear but what they will have is the ability to do more content and get more enjoyment out of the game. My own perspective, even while raiding, was that my enjoyment of the game is not negatively effected by someone else enjoying the game the way they want and that holds true still. It won't bother me if people are doing content that was formerly beyond them and it won't bother me that other people are doing content that I will never be able to do. I really don't understand what the big deal is.
85 Goblin Warrior
awesomeness I can be 20% more stupid now.

hopefully back to the MC days when I just afk through bosses and collect loot.
85 Draenei Shaman
05/24/2011 11:14 AMPosted by Delritha
Can there be a clarification on this? Is this ONLY for Normal mode? Will Hard Mode still produce the same damage output as currently on Live?
What needs clarification? Im pretty sure
With the upcoming content patch, 10- and 25-person Normal mode raid encounters will be receiving a comprehensive set of tuning adjustments to decrease their difficulty
is pretty clear
85 Goblin Warlock
05/24/2011 11:14 AMPosted by Delritha

First sentence of the OP says normal mode. I don't think hard mode is being touched and shouldn't. Just normal mode.
85 Troll Druid
I have a question, you say Valor Point items get placed on the JP vendor, most of us saw that coming, but are you making t11 helm/shoulders purchaseable via JP or still via Token? and are the "new" jp items going to be roughly the same price?
85 Human Warlock

The only thing that matters to me is tier 12 Firelands gear being just as inaccessible to people who can't equip themselves this tier. ;) Those people will never be able to equip themselves with the legendary.

Why does this matter to you?

It would be much less of an accomplishment if everyone could do it, wouldn't it? It also makes recruiting competent players more difficult in that you can't glance at their gear and achievements to determine whether or not digging through their logs is worth it.
43 Goblin Priest
Fair enough. I don't know how accessible you want it to be, but with these nerfs, just about anyone should be able to walk in and out easily. 20% will really make it easy. But old content is old by 4.2, so perfect. Let those who didn't have the time to sit and wipe a chance inside to play and see.

However! BWD will not be accessible with these changes. Elevator Boss escaped the nerf bat. This boss can cause trouble even for the best of guilds.
90 Undead Warrior
Why not just make another difficulty called easy mode and put the nerfed fights in that tier? I want to be able to play the content at as close to original difficulty as possible.
90 Human Priest
Wow
85 Tauren Druid

Why does this matter to you?

It would be much less of an accomplishment if everyone could do it, wouldn't it? It also makes recruiting competent players more difficult in that you can't glance at their gear and achievements to determine whether or not digging through their logs is worth it.

I'm sure you'll be looking for hard mode completion and hard modes are not being nerfed.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think the T11 nerfs are fine. Really, if you are so good that you don't need the nerf, then why does it matter to you if it is nerfed. I'm currently 8/13 HM, so this affects me in no way, but I have friends in other guilds that are losing raiders because T11 is just too difficult for them. They are struggling to progress and that frustration is leading their raiders to quit at least raiding and sometimes the game. Blizz has, I'm sure, seen that a lot of guilds are collapsing due to how hard the first tier of Cataclysm has been, and they are taking steps to make it possible for more people to get through the content. I, for one, am glad that my friends will get to have a shot at Nef. I'm glad they may get their Defender titles. And if this means that they may get nowhere in T12 until T13 is released, that is fine too, as long as they know they will have a shot at it eventually. Well done Blizz.
85 Troll Priest
Why should i even raid anymore? i mean yeah i can clear the content now...but i'll always be ashamed of the fact that i had a 20% handicap . So the casuals can clear content now, But the people who actually liked the current challenge of it get screwed over? thats just silly...and for the people who love this because the raiding was to hard, please, for the love of god, Learn to play, because it was pretty perfect for anyone to clear before this....
85 Blood Elf Priest
@Zivhthe: pot calling the kettle black?

@Allìster: the people who liked the current 'challenge' has already had their time and numerous nerfs, this is just a continuation of those nerfs. They will still have Firelands and/or H.T11 to enjoy until t13 comes around.

05/24/2011 11:22 AMPosted by Quindo
Why not just make another difficulty called easy mode and put the nerfed fights in that tier? I want to be able to play the content at as close to original difficulty as possible.

Because you missed the boat on that... 4+ months ago.

I heard a rumor Achievements have dates attached to them. Confirm?

It's great news that nerfs are applied AFTER the content is no longer relevant. It's would have been outgeared eventually anyways with the higher ilvl gear. This just allows those who were behind to quickly catchup gear-wise and maybe attempt a few of the Firelands fights.

The better guilds are already gearing alts in heroics anyways.

I am just surprised that Blizz isn't doing it the lazy way they did in ICC, with a %-based buff to damage, healing, and health.

Hmm, I probably should've posted this on my main, but whatever. Not like that character has any of the 3 titles either.
Edited by Soulia on 5/24/2011 11:36 AM PDT
100 Undead Priest
05/24/2011 09:26 AMPosted by Elopeppe
IMO, this should have been done in 4.1. My guild didn't really have a tough time working through Nefarion, but we still continue to wipe on Cho'gall. The design of that fight was just idiotic for 10-man groups. It managed to make me HATE this expansion and HATE raiding after almost 5 years of play.

Are you nuts? Cho'gall's way easier than Nefarian.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]