I'm Speaking from the Heart, Blizzard.

- World of Warcraft
85 Worgen Mage
I really am disappointed in your choice to nerf raid content. While I understand (sort of), the reason why, I think that we're going to run into the same problem where people will say that T11 is too hard, because they will have steamrolled through current content.

Look, it's not that I don't want players who want an easier experience to experience the raid content. It's just that difficulty of raid content is part of the experience. I understand that you want to cater to a lot of people, Blizzard...

But have some integrity. You could have increased the quality of life of the actual game by leaving the difficulty as is. It leaves people with things to do.

I'm not going to say that 'you've caved into the QQ' because that's derogatory and rude. But I will say that I'm sad and disappointed that you make it so easy for players, only for those players to turn around and complain about how difficult content is the next patch.

It makes me sad to see the type of community that we're in. What happened to liking the challenge in something?
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If you want hard raid content the Firelands is there for you.

What we are seeing is just obsolete content getting nerfed to people can get geared easier for Firelands.
85 Draenei Paladin
If you want hard raid content the Firelands is there for you.

What we are seeing is just obsolete content getting nerfed to people can get geared easier for Firelands.

And as Mescyn has been saying in other threads on this, it is far more preferable then just a blanket buff that crushes the mechanics of a fight into obscurity.
90 Human Priest
You do know that a new raid will be coming out in 4.2, right? And you know that Firelands will be just as tightly tuned as BWD/BoT/To4W are today, right?
90 Human Paladin
Older raids have been made easier one way or another for quite some time.

They did that by allowing T11 to be urchased with JP instead of VP come the next patch.
They didn't need to nerf content.

We have a brand new raid to wipe on, I say let those wanting an easier tier have the nerfs on older content.
Edited by Kurnea on 5/24/2011 11:51 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
You KNOW it's going to happen though.

"Blizz this isn't fair...We want current content so we can have what they have...not old useless content that nobody is doing!"

"Blizz you need to nerf Firelands....There's nobody raiding T11 cuz they all moved on to Firelands so how am I supposed to PuG it?"

Sorry but you just KNOW it's going to happen.

Because this happened in Wrath?

Ah, how about "No"?
90 Human Paladin
Blizzard isn't in the business of improving someone's quality of life. They're in it to deliver a product for consumption by the masses. Turns out the masses have a hard time getting out of the fire, unfortunately.

That being said, I don't have a problem in the slightest with taking old raid content and nerfing it slightly and I don't see it as a knock on Blizz's integrity. I'll have a problem if they do it with Firelands outside of the standard tuning and retuning that is sometimes required.

"Blizz this isn't fair...We want current content so we can have what they have...not old useless content that nobody is doing!"

"Blizz you need to nerf Firelands....There's nobody raiding T11 cuz they all moved on to Firelands so how am I supposed to PuG it?"

And I'd tell them the same response as I would to those complaining the nerfs are too much: The current tier is meant for those who want a challenge, the earlier tiers are for those who want to faceroll. Suck it up and deal with it.
85 Human Warlock
I bet you will start seeing this in trade chat. <Trade> Trokler: LFM BoT iLvL 370+ required. Must have achievement!
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I have -only- done content after it has been nerfed.

I must be the only person who doesn't look forward to wiping over and over for four hours.

I am perplexed as to why anyone would be motivated to even try the hard content when they can just wait a bit and enjoy it without dying so much.
90 Human Priest

If Blizz stood firm for this long then I have faith they'll continue to do so. Besides, people were still pugging Naxx 25 for months after Ulduar was released. If ToC hadn't been stupid easy then people would have been pugging Naxx 25 for much longer.
2 Blood Elf Priest
I will never understand this mentality of obsolete content. All the nerfs do is turn them into mind numbing, old style NES Gauntlet hack and slash. Blizzard destroys content and progression.

this is why I stopped raiding when Naxx was the current content during WoTLK. Soon after I canceled my account and didnt return until Cataclysm. I'm not raiding now, because I'm fully aware of the roller coaster. I'm leveling my alts up and pvping. This will laste me for about another 2 months, then I will cancel again until the next xpac.
90 Human Paladin
I have -only- done content after it has been nerfed.

I must be the only person who doesn't look forward to wiping over and over for four hours.

I am perplexed as to why anyone would be motivated to even try the hard content when they can just wait a bit and enjoy it without dying so much.

Depending on the fight, some people enjoy a challenging game, even if it means getting your butt kicked. There's a reason why many games have difficulty modes, and that's because different players enjoy a variety of difficulties. I'm a normal difficulty guy myself. I like taking some time to figure things out and don't want everything handed to me, but I can also get tired of too many failures if the game is downright masochistic.

To put it in gaming terms, some people like Kirby's Adventure(easy), others like Super Meat Boy(quite difficult at times)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]