I'm Speaking from the Heart, Blizzard.

85 Worgen Death Knight
If you want hard raid content the Firelands is there for you.

What we are seeing is just obsolete content getting nerfed to people can get geared easier for Firelands.

Then cry for Firelands nerfs due to being bad.

If you can't down current content, then you don't deserve to see current content or have current gear.

As much as it pains me to admit, I have to agree with her, the content is not too hard, you're just too lazy to do you're freakin' research and watch guide videos, 9/10 you wipe because you made a dumb mistake or had a bad phase transition. Everybody seems to be unwilling to practice a raid or a boss, "oh we died on our first try, teh bozz is OP nerf nao plz!11!"
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
If you want hard raid content the Firelands is there for you.

What we are seeing is just obsolete content getting nerfed to people can get geared easier for Firelands.

If you can't down current content, then you don't deserve to see current content or have current gear.

Uhm.

In 4.2 BWD/BOT/TOTW won't be current content. What part of that aren't you getting, oh special snowflake?

Seriously, nerfing the previous tier makes no difference to the cutting edge people. You just want to have t12 while casuals are still stuck in 346 and 353 gear. Deserve's got nothing to do with it...your ego does.
Edited by Arryk on 5/24/2011 3:48 PM PDT
85 Worgen Mage
sorry wow but this was the last straw for me i enjoyed everything that was hard and now your bowing down to those who are crying. we don't need you to nerf raids. we don't need you to lower t11 down to justice. no no no just no. you had the loot system right in Vanilla and BC. please keep it hard. Ill return when it is. This is why people are leaving your nerfing stuff that doesn't need to be. People are leaving cause your making it TOO EASY
3 Goblin Shaman
Absolutely horid. Apparently Blizzard really can't get it out of their head that everyone has to have access to everything. Nerfing everything by this much one tier after we've finished it!?! Really!? I'm honestly baffled.

Your logic seems to be "Well if it's obsolete we'll go ahead and nerf it so everything can do it." Except that it isn't obsolete!

First, hard modes aren't being touched at all, so the possible challenge is still there for your alts.

Second, it is obsolete. The tier gear is being made obtainable with VP. If that doesn't say obsolete I don't know what does.
85 Worgen Druid

no suprises at your boss kills

Surprise! Most people's loyalties to their FRIENDS is greater then the self gain greed most 'hardcores' have, where they trade their friendships and even relationships with partners for personal gain in a fake fictional world.

Blizzard stressed, bring your friends, not the class. We see how well that works out now.
We also see just how much their undertuned tanks and healers struggle to the point nobody wants to really tank or heal and them offering 'goodie bags' hasn't done squat save keep them in the first tier of heroics because they're easier then the second tier.

Not everyone is able to get Carried to boss kills neither... Jus sayin.

Carried ? hardly.

Current Normal Raids are not hard.

People just expect things handed to them.

85 Worgen Druid

If you can't afford to pay for a server transfer to a realm that managed to not bleed out, then I might say you'd be correct. Infact, how about blizzard make it so we can get X number of FREE transfers a month?

Otherwise, STFU you nub, not my fault that people like you destroyed this game and have created many barren realms and empty guilds in less then 6 months of play time. I have 7 85's all similarly geared as this one and it's damn difficult to do when I don't have ANY help from anyone because majority have all quit... because of people like you and your stupid demands. Go play Rift and get lost. You're the type that ditches the group after you've gotten what you want, you have no sense of loyalty, if one isn't giving you purples you know that someone else just might. You're the guy, nobody really likes and you need to stop taking it out on everyone else. Grow up.

Alot of people left WoW cause it was too easy and boring. Just sayin
85 Goblin Rogue

Uhm.

In 4.2 BWD/BOT/TOTW won't be current content. What part of that aren't you getting, oh special snowflake?

Seriously, nerfing the previous tier makes no difference to the cutting edge people. You just want to have t12 while casuals are still stuck in 346 and 353 gear. Deserve's got nothing to do with it...your ego does.

Let me be the first to say you're backing up his statement. Also WOOOOOSH. This isn't a "special snowflake" argument, unless it's all about gear for you, thus further proving his case.
Edited by Samanosuke on 5/24/2011 3:50 PM PDT
85 Draenei Paladin
05/24/2011 01:40 PMPosted by Yiffyton
Wrath of the Lich King swung it back too far the other.

To be honest, i thought wrath was right on the money.

Bc was horribad in my opinion.

I'd like to agree with this. While I'm perfectly okay with a challenge, as new content should be challenging, it shouldn't be a crippling challenge, as it feels Cataclysm has been.
85 Troll Druid
05/24/2011 03:46 PMPosted by Bläckrose
sorry wow but this was the last straw for me i enjoyed everything that was hard and now your bowing down to those who are crying. we don't need you to nerf raids. we don't need you to lower t11 down to justice. no no no just no. you had the loot system right in Vanilla and BC. please keep it hard. Ill return when it is. This is why people are leaving your nerfing stuff that doesn't need to be. People are leaving cause your making it TOO EASY

You are Effing delusional.

People have left because their social aspect of this game has Quit because it's TOO HARD for the general majority. Yes. MAJORITY. Majority rules. No one likes to keep paying to play a game they can't raid in, can't group with friends in, can't enjoy activities with family even because it's simply out of reach of the MAJORITY. It's pretty bad when the hardcore kiddies got Firelands delayed and T2 pvp weapons because not enough of you idiots could even cut through the raid content fast enough. Oh but yes, it was 'too easy'...

Yep. Delusional.
85 Troll Druid

Surprise! Most people's loyalties to their FRIENDS is greater then the self gain greed most 'hardcores' have, where they trade their friendships and even relationships with partners for personal gain in a fake fictional world.

Blizzard stressed, bring your friends, not the class. We see how well that works out now.
We also see just how much their undertuned tanks and healers struggle to the point nobody wants to really tank or heal and them offering 'goodie bags' hasn't done squat save keep them in the first tier of heroics because they're easier then the second tier.

Not everyone is able to get Carried to boss kills neither... Jus sayin.

Carried ? hardly.

You haven't read anything in anything I've written save what you chose to troll.

One shot mechanics have no place in normal modes. Logging in to only show for a raid and then logging out shortly after isn't productive, the game has lost it's social ties and group orientation. There's NOTHING to do for people who aren't able to be carried or are unwilling to throw away their friends who may be bad players, aside from dailies and farming. Do you comprehend? Didn't think so.

Can't beat sense through thick skulls.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Raids aren't magic, they don't come up out of no where.

Someone has to lead, they have to have the desire, the time, and the ability to do so. Those are "real world" skills, not game skills.

During Wrath, there were a lot of options. The environment for learning to be a raid leader was fairly good. In Cataclysm, the combination of changes makes the environment poor for learning to be a raid leader. A lot of player-side social infrastructure that was necessary for raids to actually work was destroyed by Cataclysm's changes, and by the early release raid environments.

I'm skeptical that this can be recovered. I'm sure it will be to some extent, but I don't think it'll return to Wrath levels while the current design paradigm holds. Blizzard is banking a lot on the idea that the less elite players will be content (perhaps even happy) to run older content that's technically obsolete. I personally think they're wrong. Time will tell.
85 Goblin Rogue
05/24/2011 03:50 PMPosted by Malachyte

To be honest, i thought wrath was right on the money.

Bc was horribad in my opinion.

I'd like to agree with this. While I'm perfectly okay with a challenge, as new content should be challenging, it shouldn't be a crippling challenge, as it feels Cataclysm has been.

The thing is, it isn't crippling. Others have managed to do it, which shows that it isn't crippling. Hell we have PuGs doing it now pre-nerf on Spinebreaker. The only way it'd be crippling is if:

1.) You or your group hasn't taken the time to look up the fights,

2.) You or your group hasn't taken the time to learn your class, or

3.) You or your group do not learn from the mistakes you make or the reasons why you wiped on <insert boss name here>.

It really boils down to those 3 points.
90 Troll Shaman
Plenty of people like the challenge, but not everyone has the ability or maybe even desire to be in a guild capable of tackling it right from the get-go.

Its really funny. A few months ago you guys released some lengthy post talking about how RAIDS ARE HARD! And you guys provided some justification for why you did it.

BTW people are not leaving because the content is to hard. Its because there is problems within raiding.

And whats worse is you listen to a very small part of the community.
People who don't post on the forums are content. [Often]

Edited by Juuju on 5/24/2011 3:58 PM PDT
85 Worgen Druid

Carried ? hardly.

You haven't read anything in anything I've written save what you chose to troll.

One shot mechanics have no place in normal modes. Logging in to only show for a raid and then logging out shortly after isn't productive, the game has lost it's social ties and group orientation. There's NOTHING to do for people who aren't able to be carried or are unwilling to throw away their friends who may be bad players, aside from dailies and farming. Do you comprehend? Didn't think so.

Can't beat sense through thick skulls.

Logging in just to raid has nothing to do with current nerf argument. Thats an overall game issue and one that is the main cause for people leaving WoW. Im sorry you find current t11 hard. However it really isnt. Trying to personally attack someone is a nice defense for your weak argument.
85 Troll Druid
What else I find funny is you look at these people who claim it's easy.

They only have THREE kills on Nefarian, Cho'gal and Al'akir ... in SIX MONTHS. Yes, sooo damn easy. Oh and a handful of kills on the first couple 'easy' bosses in BoT and BWD heroic modes. Looking at the balance between the number of kills at the start of normal modes through to heroic, makes me laugh myself to tears.

Yes. So easy.
85 Worgen Druid
Well this has dashed my hopes of any kind of expansion wide progression :\

I miss those days, where you actually had to go through the previous tier to get to the next one, that was a lot of fun and made the raids so much more exciting. I wasn't really holding out for blizzard to say "Surprise! If you want to do Firelands you have to do Nef!), but I was hoping so! Well, perhaps this actually makes more sense with these nerfs, maybe by making t11 more accessible, you should gate t12? I really think you should consider this, giving the actual expansion progression instead of just having progression be on a raid by raid basis really makes the whole experience so much more epic, this has been my biggest concern regarding raiding in recent years. I <3 t11 so much and I hate to think it's just going to be forgotten as the tier it was and remembered as the easy and accessible tier it's going to become.
Edited by Porimlys on 5/24/2011 4:06 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]