I'm Speaking from the Heart, Blizzard.

85 Goblin Shaman

There's always going to be two sides of the fence, some people want things more accessible for them and that's cool, we want it to be too, and some people think it should be difficult and always be that way because that's the way they had to do it.

I wanted to offer one alternative to this that I feel I fall into. I personally have no qualms with someone enjoying the content in whatever way they wish, at whatever difficulty. For me its not so much that I want people to go through what I had to go through as much as it is that I want that content to still be there later. I don't want the content to be nerfed in order for me to beat it.

What if my raiding guild, that arguably wants to beat the content at its original difficulty level, doesn't manage to do so before the 4.2 patch? The original difficulty is gone for the foreseeable future and we have no option but to play it in its newer, easier form, or not play it at all.

The dev team has mentioned that they have considered extra difficulty levels for awhile, is that still in serious consideration? I personally would really like a "original difficulty' mode that could be toggled on. Something that lets the content be played as it was in its original inception (BRRMMMMM BRRMMMMMM)
Edited by Fritzwell on 5/24/2011 4:18 PM PDT
85 Worgen Death Knight
05/24/2011 01:06 PMPosted by Bashiok
Plenty of people like the challenge, but not everyone has the ability or maybe even desire to be in a guild capable of tackling it right from the get-go.

Thank you for finally understanding this.

I like to see these changes to the Riads.

From the heart Blizard THANK YOU
66 Gnome Warrior
It IS easy for some people.

The problem is that those people think that because it's easy for them, that means it should be easy for everyone.

Games have limited resources to allocate. They can't be all things to all people. However, neither can they offer too narrow a selection of content tuned too tightly. In my opinion, that's what Blizzard tried to do with Cataclysm.

I agree. You hit the nail on the head.

Unfortunately, this is a seemingly unending argument. You can't make all of the people happy all of the time.
90 Human Mage
Whoa whoa, I thought you just got more gear and that made the content easier? This is, possibly, worse than the TBC hp nerf.

Yeah, my guild did a lot of content in blues, but now that we have epics we can fill raids with half random people because the fights are much easier.
Edited by Berius on 5/24/2011 4:21 PM PDT
85 Goblin Rogue

I claim it's easy. I got my heroic Nefarian kill maybe a week or 2 after my first Nefarian kill. I'm sorry if you're so inept that this game is literally THAT hard for you. But don't try to rationalize that because they only got a few kills that somehow it's "hard". It's challenging, no doubt, but far from hard.

You really are the one who's inept at READING anything aren't you?

Read all the posts, then open your gaping green hole to speak. Until then, shoo.

I read them. I posted in this thread many times, therefore you are including me in your little rant. Until you have an actual reply with valid evidence, please refrain from posting Mr. I-speak-out-of-my-rear-end.

Well any sense of fiction is based on something real, don't they teach this in English literature classes or something?

As well, we're real. Real people play this game. Sorry, I don't see your correlation, so until then I'm going to agree with your guess that you're sadly mistaken, but add that to a lot of things :D

Really? You are going to insult me because I was taking the side that we are talking about pixels and titles that you get above a game avatar and not a real life job. You don't know me, so why make the assumption I'm sadly mistaken about EVERYTHING . . . . oh wait "a lot of things". That's a personal attack and even your little =D doesn't sugar coat it. If anything it reeks of insult but I guess I should expect nothing less.

If you took that as an insult then I'm sorry, but I guess the I hit the hammer on the nail with that post. And nowhere did I say "EVERYTHING", I was referring to what was relevant to the example you quoted.

As for the assumption part, pot calling the kettle black? You do know you're assuming things by saying "I guess", right?

Don't assume, it makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me".

Want a better example, here, I'll break down your post and apply it to real life:

Title: You get titles in real life. Doctor/Mister/Judge(Your Honor) ring a bell? How about President, or Boss? Aren't those like in-game titles?

Challenges in game: Much like challenges in life, right? In order to reap the benefits of anything you have put forth effort to achieve it, otherwise you wouldn't go to school or work up a corporate ladder, right?

Think for a second. I'd ask how old are you but I really don't want to offend you without showing/giving you valid information.
Edited by Samanosuke on 5/24/2011 4:23 PM PDT
85 Troll Druid

Logging in actually has a lot more to do with it then you might think. Such as gearing up guild mates, keeping the guild healthy along with raid recruitment. Nobody really does 25's anymore, it's become barren and very rare. T11 is over tuned, again one shot mechanics do not belong in normal mode stuff, especially the first tier of the expansion. I do not recall that occurring even during BC raids (unless you count the obvious broken bosses that where bugged and acknowledged as such by blizzard and eventually fixed)

People like you, will always sit there and put others down because we don't luck out in the RNG of the 'right server' or the 'right guild' and don't have an abundance of money to just throw away to transfer constantly, and guild hop constantly like a LOT of 'raiders' do. It's weak and has zero loyalty and screams 'I'm all for ME ME ME ME ME'.

Why you must keep on making up excuses and shirking off valid statements that you KNOW are shared by MANY players is completely beyond my comprehension and you people think we're ignorant? lol.. Okay then.

Once again im sorry you find t11 hard. Im by no means a cutting edge progression raider. I probably wont even down heroic nef. 20% nerf is still too much. It makes the raids so easy it breads more bad players (just like we saw at the start of cata) who cant down a single thing. Remeber the people complaining that Heroics were too hard. These people will then cry about firelands being so hard. If you dont allow people to improve they never will.

I can agree with the whole part about people being propositioned to improve their game, but nowhere did I say that I myself found it hard, what I found hard was the fact people rage quit over simple things, how I can't play with my friends, how the friendlist is greyed out and the server is all but dead now when it used to be full of active players.. and how I want to be able to use the feature that Blizzard bragged about with the abilities to play with friends and family as well as picking up in 10 or 25man content stating that this stuff should be at least puggable by the general population and after 6 months, you'd think that the pinnacle of what the general populace is what you're going to get. If they can't improve after that period of time, the chances of them getting above that are VERY slim because they realize it's a game and do not care to work a second job... and yes, it does feel like a second job.

Because my realm is how it is, I work overtime to prove myself and it's still not always enough. I'm one of the last to die to encounters, but you wouldn't believe that unless you where present to witness it. This has nothing to do with what I, myself, am capable of performing.

Blizzard had it decent with BC, and yes their heroics offered some starter epics at the end of a run, just like Wrath's did... Cata's do not. I watched as a DK in similar ilvl to you, sat and ripped apart a tank in the Zandalari heroics for having all 346 gear with a few of his rep items, all gemmed and enchanted correctly. He didn't even give the dude a chance to do his job and drove him off. This crap needs to quit. It's the most juvenile thing I've seen in years and it's far worse now then it ever has been and I been around since the beginning.

So how do people improve? Is it mandatory they take abusive behavior and razzing to get into the 'cool' club of a video game? Not sure about you, but I won't even allow my own damn mother to talk to me that way. Just because it's an internet video game, doesn't mean I forget my manners or morals at the keyboard.
90 Human Mage
Just because ZA/ZG heroics went bad in a few pugs for people does not mean they are too hard or that elitists are running everywhere %!%@#ing at people....
1 Orc Warrior
Anyone aware that sinestra hasn't been nerfed and will still test any group of players skills the first time they attempt to down this boss?
85 Goblin Rogue

I read them. I posted in this thread many times, therefore you are including me in your little rant. Until you have an actual reply with valid evidence, please refrain from posting Mr. Hurricane Trinket.

If you took that as an insult then I'm sorry, but I guess the I hit the hammer on the nail with that post. And nowhere did I say "EVERYTHING", I was referring to what was relevant to the example you quoted.

As for the assumption part, pot calling the kettle black? You do know you're assuming things by saying "I guess", right?

Don't assume, it makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me".

Want a better example, here, I'll break down your post and apply it to real life:

Title: You get titles in real life. Doctor/Mister/Judge(Your Honor) ring a bell? How about President, or Boss? Aren't those like in-game titles?

Challenges in game: Much like challenges in life, right? In order to reap the benefits of anything you have put forth effort to achieve it, otherwise you wouldn't go to school or work up a corporate ladder, right?

Think for a second. I'd ask how old are you but I really don't want to offend you without showing giving you valid information.

Really? You are now wanting to know how old I am? *sigh* More insults.

I'll just exit this terrible thread and give you the "iwin da internetz" title to sport with your epic gear.

Damn you take everything as an insult, wow. /facepalm

You must be a troll, since you ignored everything else in that post. Take care, don't let the door hit you on the way out!
90 Human Mage
After 6 months people who were not in a raiding guild or able to get into it at the get-go, would have had time to unless they simply didn't put in 6 hours of effort a week. If they didn't do that, they still won't raid, haha!

It is just silly for a god darn blue to say that they are NERFING content SIX MONTHS into the expac because some players could not get in AT THE BEGINNING.
12 Dwarf Shaman

The people that are capable of clearing the content will have done so by the time 4.2 hits. Let's give the people that are incapable of clearing it at the current difficulty a chance, once everyone else has moved on to 4.2.
You got your cookies from the bag when they were fresh, stop being selfish and pass the stale ones along to the hungry orphans.

There always needs to be a lurning curve, not a suck up, here, have free epics.

You didn't jump in and kill Anub and K.T the first try, or 3, when it first came out.

Yes, you had to WORK for it, not wait for nerfs. You didn't get it? Tough luck.
90 Human Mage
This means that new players or people just reaching the level to do raids will not experience raids how they were originally designed - to be challenging to those in appropriate gear to enter them. It is just BS that they would do this to content like they did in WoTLK
85 Worgen Druid

Once again im sorry you find t11 hard. Im by no means a cutting edge progression raider. I probably wont even down heroic nef. 20% nerf is still too much. It makes the raids so easy it breads more bad players (just like we saw at the start of cata) who cant down a single thing. Remeber the people complaining that Heroics were too hard. These people will then cry about firelands being so hard. If you dont allow people to improve they never will.

I can agree with the whole part about people being propositioned to improve their game, but nowhere did I say that I myself found it hard, what I found hard was the fact people rage quit over simple things, how I can't play with my friends, how the friendlist is greyed out and the server is all but dead now when it used to be full of active players.. and how I want to be able to use the feature that Blizzard bragged about with the abilities to play with friends and family as well as picking up in 10 or 25man content stating that this stuff should be at least puggable by the general population and after 6 months, you'd think that the pinnacle of what the general populace is what you're going to get. If they can't improve after that period of time, the chances of them getting above that are VERY slim because they realize it's a game and do not care to work a second job... and yes, it does feel like a second job.

Because my realm is how it is, I work overtime to prove myself and it's still not always enough. I'm one of the last to die to encounters, but you wouldn't believe that unless you where present to witness it. This has nothing to do with what I, myself, am capable of performing.

Blizzard had it decent with BC, and yes their heroics offered some starter epics at the end of a run, just like Wrath's did... Cata's do not. I watched as a DK in similar ilvl to you, sat and ripped apart a tank in the Zandalari heroics for having all 346 gear with a few of his rep items, all gemmed and enchanted correctly. He didn't even give the dude a chance to do his job and drove him off. This crap needs to quit. It's the most juvenile thing I've seen in years and it's far worse now then it ever has been and I been around since the beginning.

So how do people improve? Is it mandatory they take abusive behavior and razzing to get into the 'cool' club of a video game? Not sure about you, but I won't even allow my own damn mother to talk to me that way. Just because it's an internet video game, doesn't mean I forget my manners or morals at the keyboard.

I think blizz needs to merge low pop servers, they wont as that shows a negative trend. I think the 20% nerf is way too much. Thats all my point. I think the new gear available in 4.2 should help alot of people get through t11. Would a 5% buff ICC style be more benefical then a flat out 20% nerf ? As in keeping some of the challenge.

Hey i agree there are alot of rude people in the game, just like RL they will never go away. Not much can be done about this.
85 Draenei Death Knight
05/24/2011 04:17 PMPosted by Æxines
Plenty of people like the challenge, but not everyone has the ability or maybe even desire to be in a guild capable of tackling it right from the get-go.

Thank you for finally understanding this.

I like to see these changes to the Riads.

From the heart Blizard THANK YOU

This I agree with
85 Goblin Mage
I thought cata was suppose to hard and epics were suppose to be epic? That sure died pretty fast.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]